BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham (A) [The one we've all seemingly forgotten about]

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

also to add, if Bell comes in which results to Nyambe being dropped over Bennett then again,  Mowbray should be sacked.

Nyambe will get the nod, but Mowbray will drop him first chance he puts a foot wrong. Only Captain Fantastic is allowed to have a stinker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Butty said:

Is anyone on this forum bothering going tomorrow? If you are then you deserve a knighthood. Think this could be a tough game, I’d say we have better players technically going forward but I can see Birmingham running at us getting bodies in the box and being physical, in-turn our defence will eventually fold as it usually does. 2-1 Brum. 

I'm going, but more of a local game for me than most others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Gallagher hat trick against his old team???

Theres think more chance of getting shit from a rocking horse than that happening. Although it would be good to get our strikers on the scoresheet

• Like 4

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

479C01C8-05CA-400F-BDBE-8E635837EA15.jpeg

This is what I think the team will be, not what I’d pick. Everyone else in the world except Mowbray recognises the value of balance and playing your best striker.

Jesus Christ! How much of the pitch is Nyambe expected to cover?!

The boy's gonna be pretty tired. 

• Like 2

I reckon Bennett will remain at left back for this one. 

He can't drop Nyambe after the Hudds game and he won't drop Bennett at all. He has no problems in leaving Bell on the bench.

I'd say it will be unchanged lineup but that seems unlikely.

Knowing Mowbray, probably Holtby benched for Gallagher.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Walton

Nyambe Tosin Williams Bennett

Travis  Johnson

Holtby           Dack       Downing

Armstrong

Subs:- Luetwiler, Rankin Costello, Evans, Bell, Rothwell, Graham,.Gallagher

Are you putting Bennett at LB to annoy people? It can’t be for his performance the other day

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I reckon Bennett will remain at left back for this one. 

He can't drop Nyambe after the Hudds game and he won't drop Bennett at all. He has no problems in leaving Bell on the bench.

I'd say it will be unchanged lineup but that seems unlikely.

Knowing Mowbray, probably Holtby benched for Gallagher.

probably rest Bennett tomorrow so he does not get suspended for saturday.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Are you putting Bennett at LB to annoy people? It can’t be for his performance the other day

Thats the team I would pick for tomorrow. I didnt think Bennett had a bad game tbh. 

Annoy.people? Not interested in any thing.like that. Stop asking questions like this!

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I'm going but instead of the usual four there are only two. I expect us to have around four hundred there, probably our lowest ever following at Birmingham. That probably typifies the lack of enthusiasm for Rovers at present.

I was there as a 10 year old in 2006 with my dad and I don’t think there was more than 500 there to be fair. Fair play to you for making the trip mate I don’t envy you ?

4 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

also to add, if Bell comes in which results to Nyambe being dropped over Bennett then again,  Mowbray should be sacked.

I thought Nyambe had a decent game on Saturday overall, Bennett wasn’t to bad to be fair but Diakhaby absolutely ran him ragged at times. If Nyambe is dropped tomorrow and we start with Bennett and Bell at full backs I’ll be going full Mercer and smashing £100 on Birmingham to win. Don’t do it Tony please god. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats the team I would pick for tomorrow. I didnt think Bennett had a bad game tbh. 

Annoy.people? Not interested in any thing.like that. Stop asking questions like this!

Bennett was run ragged by Diakhaby, totally lost his bearings for the penalty and was not good at all.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chapman not playing for the under 23's tonight. 

I noticed that, although I suspect best he's gonna get is a spot on the bench anyway, although he could of course be injured....

Southampton team is tiny theres a few players about 5 ft tall.

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would you really pick that team though Chaddy? Because I don’t think a single Rovers fan would’ve done on Saturday. You could make the argument of fielding an unchanged team if we had put in a blinding performance, but we didn’t.

It seems like you have got over your momentary doubts in Mowbray, which is fine, but it honestly seems as though you are trying to make his bonkers decisions appear logical by saying you agree with them. Some sort of preemptive defence for the criticism he will likely face tomorrow.

• Like 1

We've had some shocking turnouts at Brum in the Prem years especially night games although i think the prospect of a 1.5hr journey often taking double that is largely to blame. They had some bad ones up here as well though to be fair, about 120 in a cup game one night when Hughes was our boss and that miserable toad Bruce was there.

So i really wouldn't expect many there tomorrow night even if the form was a bit better.  Credit to the hardy bunch who go i hope they avoid the loose change that usually flies at you courtesy of their unwashed.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Walton

Nyambe Tosin Williams Bennett

Travis  Johnson

Holtby           Dack       Downing

Armstrong

Subs:- Luetwiler, Rankin Costello, Evans, Bell, Rothwell, Graham,.Gallagher

You'd put out the SAME team?

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Bennett was run ragged by Diakhaby, totally lost his bearings for the penalty and was not good at all.

Bennett had a decent game at left back; far better than I expected. Never a penalty.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's putting it because he thinks it's what the manager will go for.

For a sec I thought you must be new here and I was about to tell you about Mercer's match predictions ?

• Like 1

• Backroom

Looking forward to watching on the red button but it’s pointless even trying to predict the line up or if we will turn up these days.

Predicting some players picked, some questionable subs and either a win, a draw or a loss

• Like 1

Genuinely think we will win. TM has a habit of picking up a win just as things are turning / looking dangerous for him and I think this will be it. With the win all critical thinking and questions will be deferred till at least the end of November

Brum are in poor form with a weakened team, and with us being pretty poor they'll see this as a winnable game for them.which suits our underdog/counter them mentality. There's hopefully l the added bonus that injuries limit some of TMs more random selections leaving us with some sort of consistency too. 

Without doing a Mercer I think this is as good a chance of a Rovers win as any, and if we can't win this type of game we are in a lot of trouble. 

We'll definitely win one before the international break just to keep us plodding around in 14th/15th.

The only guarantee is that it won't be against Preston.

I think it could be tonight.

Edited by MarkBRFC