BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham (A) [The one we've all seemingly forgotten about]

That was a struggle to watch.

We have a better squad then last year, though I’d still prefer Raya, yet we just aren’t playing a system that looks remotely like working.

We have lost 30 odd goals not playing Graham and shipping out Mulgrew and it shows. I agree Mulgrew couldn’t start anymore, but we need goals from somewhere else. Gallagher just doesn’t have that ability to get in good positions.

Just now, Theyak1986 said:

George Hodgson at Lancs live scored Arma a 7/10 hahaha

Christ. I've actually stuck up for Armstrong and feel he is a lot better than most are crediting him for (if infuriatingly inconsistent). But he was utter bollocks tonight. And not the dog's either. Dog shite though.

Just now, rovers11 said:

Every team has off days...but that felt way more than an off day imo. Very concerning as desire and commitment is usually what we get from TM’s side. 

I think he has lost the team. Probably words were said. The way he just sat there second half almost suggests they had a falling out and he told them to do what they want - in my opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, Wood26 said:

That was a struggle to watch.

We have a better squad then last year, though I’d still prefer Raya, yet we just aren’t playing a system that looks remotely like working.

We have lost 30 odd goals not playing Graham and shipping out Mulgrew and it shows. I agree Mulgrew couldn’t start anymore, but we need goals from somewhere else. Gallagher just doesn’t have that ability to get in good positions.

Graham was shyte too when on, should have scored with one and done better with another. He was right in the summer that graham needed replaced, he just hasn’t replaced with the correct person. look at hugill at qpr, banging them in. 

Just now, bluebruce said:

Christ. I've actually stuck up for Armstrong and feel he is a lot better than most are crediting him for (if infuriatingly inconsistent). But he was utter bollocks tonight. And not the dog's either. Dog shite though.

Armstrong ahead of Rothwell. Another one at the top of my lists for Mowbray to go.

Just now, rovers11 said:

Every team has off days...but that felt way more than an off day imo. Very concerning as desire and commitment is usually what we get from TM’s side. 

Really? I've not seen desire and commitment for many many games. 

• Like 2

Just now, RV Blue said:

Can someone work out how many points we’ve won in the last 12 months (since Preston away last season)?

34 pts from 84 last season (28 games)

15 pts from 39 so far this (13 games)

Total 49 pts from 123 (41 games)

Not great.

• Like 3

Just now, JacknOry said:

I think he has lost the team. Probably words were said. The way he just sat there second half almost suggests they had a falling out and he told them to do what they want - in my opinion.

It is a possibility that , cos something is definitely amiss ;

I am beginning to wonder if Mulgrews presence had a far bigger bearing on the team , than we realised....

OK, to try to avoid talking Mowbray briefly...I think our problem in attack is that we are still setting up with the same formation we used when Dack and Graham were linking up to good effect, but attempting to play a different style which doesn't suit it. We also have Graham's legs going, whilst the replacements simply aren't that kind of player. We've assumed that Gally is because of his height, but it's clear he can't hold up like DG and doesn't have his intelligence. We are now essentially playing one up front, without any players capable of fulfilling the role (DG still can on a good day, but that's it). I believe we need to go two up top.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Not great.

Bugger beat me to it just working it out on 11 v11 , so not including the Preston defeat I got it to

W14 D7 L 20, so works with Stuarts game / points total

Just now, Stuart said:

Not great.

So that's 1.21 points per game last season (after Preston away), 1.15 per game so far this season, and 1.19 per game in total since that match. Which would give 55 points over a 46-game season.

Derby got 6th last season with 74, or 1.6 per game.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

OK, to try to avoid talking Mowbray briefly...I think our problem in attack is that we are still setting up with the same formation we used when Dack and Graham were linking up to good effect, but attempting to play a different style which doesn't suit it. We also have Graham's legs going, whilst the replacements simply aren't that kind of player. We've assumed that Gally is because of his height, but it's clear he can't hold up like DG and doesn't have his intelligence. We are now essentially playing one up front, without any players capable of fulfilling the role (DG still can on a good day, but that's it). I believe we need to go two up top.

Its very well trying a better possession game but time and again we are showing we dont have the players for it (particularly at the back). I admire Tosin for his brave attempts to get it to the feet of players further up the pitch but more often than not he just gives it to the oppo. He is the best of them too, the rest just really do not have it in them to be creative so just end up left to right before ultimately sending it long anyway.

Complete waaste of time as we might as well have just done that anyway without risking losing possession high up the pitch due to a high press.

• Like 1

So that's 1.21 points per game last season (after Preston away), 1.15 per game so far this season, and 1.19 per game in total since that match. Which would give 55 points over a 46-game season.

Derby got 6th last season with 75, or 1.63 per game.

We are miles away mate.

We has our worst run ever (at least post-war I’m sure) last season and nothing happened.

There won’t be a plan lined up for him to be replaced so the only way fans could force the issue is to make it personal and encourage Mowbray to resign. Now that really would be a sad and unfortunate way to go but it’s that or nothing.

• Like 2