BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham (A) [The one we've all seemingly forgotten about]

Just now, Stuart said:

We are miles away mate.

We has our worst run ever (at least post-war I’m sure) last season and nothing happened.

There won’t be a plan lined up for him to be replaced so the only way fans could force the issue is to make it personal and encourage Mowbray to resign. Now that really would be a sad and unfortunate way to go but it’s that or nothing.

Yup, Tm saved himself with that nice little run of results in dead rubbers at the end of the season. We were a bit of a surprise package at the start of the season, then we got figured out, then the bad run, then the dead rubbers - this season we do not have the benefit of being an unknown and are therefore goingto be stuck in the same form that we had once we were figured out. Nothing has changed enough, we still rely on Dack.

I just think we need to have a new man come in with a fresh pair of eyes and no fixed judgements or loyalties to particular players and work out what we need for January because in my opinion we can’t afford to let Tony spend any more money. 

The squad feels unbalanced again, but there is some players that a new man could work with. The other issue is Venkys and the whole structure of the club, but I’d rather have the cheap option of Johnson with a fresh pair of eyes than what we’re seeing atm.

• Like 2

He won’t go anywhere until we are down the bottom of the table.  Isn’t his mate the chairman? He won’t resign either, as in his deluded thick head he probably thinks he’s doing nothing wrong.  We can see before every match where he’s going wrong with his stupid team selections. 

Just now, Stuart said:

We are miles away mate.

We has our worst run ever (at least post-war I’m sure) last season and nothing happened.

There won’t be a plan lined up for him to be replaced so the only way fans could force the issue is to make it personal and encourage Mowbray to resign. Now that really would be a sad and unfortunate way to go but it’s that or nothing.

But I don't hear anything at Ewood. The heart has stopped beating.

• Like 4

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Have to say Mowbray may well be done. 3 tough games coming up and we are now playing poorer and poorer.

Should have been done many games ago - we missed a trick in not getting the Cowley brothers. Seeing them on the touchline against Huddersfield was refreshing to see. We need somebody like that.

• Like 2

Just now, JacknOry said:

Should have been done many games ago - we missed a trick in not getting the Cowley brothers. Seeing them on the touchline against Huddersfield was refreshing to see. We need somebody like that.

Should have gone after the calamitous transfer window in August  !!!

Just now, Dan said:

He won’t go anywhere until we are down the bottom of the table.  Isn’t his mate the chairman? He won’t resign either, as in his deluded thick head he probably thinks he’s doing nothing wrong.  We can see before every match where he’s going wrong with his stupid team selections. 

His mate ,I suspect is the one keeping him in the job ...

Just now, JacknOry said:

The only time he could have been potted this year would have been on that abject run I'm Feb March. He hasn't had the critical mass of poor results up till now.

Have to say Mowbray may well be done. 3 tough games coming up and we are now playing poorer and poorer.

Yep, we are playing 5th (away), 3rd (home) and 2nd (away). On paper you can only anticipate three straight defeats the way we are playing, and even the Loons surely can't accept that.

That said, games aren't played on paper and we have a tendency to lose the games we expect to win, and win the games we expect to lose.

The only time he could have been potted this year would have been on that abject run I'm Feb March. He hasn't had the critical mass of poor results up till now.

In my opinion he should have gone then and possibly a few games before this one this season too.   

It's worth noting actually, with our next 3 games being so difficult, that we are probably about to be cut adrift from the top half, let alone the playoffs. Until now, it has generally been 'oh we are till only 3, 4, 6 points off the playoffs'...well now we are 3 points away from moving up ONE spot, from 14th to 13th!! The league is starting to take shape. Three straight defeats could leave us very, very far from the top half already.

• Like 2

Bradley Johnson was absolutely atrocious tonight. Have to laugh seeing folk having a go at young Buckley, at least he can pass a ball. He put the best cross in I’ve seen all season tonight.

Travis as well for as much running as he does, his use of the ball was terrible tonight. Downing was useless too.

• Like 1

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Bradley Johnson was absolutely atrocious tonight. Have to laugh seeing folk having a go at young Buckley, at least he can pass a ball. He put the best cross in I’ve seen all season tonight.

Travis as well for as much running as he does, his use of the ball was terrible tonight. Downing was useless too.

That dummy back heel would have made me laugh if i wasnt busy trying to stick my tongue in the plug sockets.

• Like 2

Might be the worst I've seen him play, tonight, Travis. He looked clumsy...although next to Johnson he looked like a goddamn gazelle doing somersaults. I don't know what's happened to that guy, he started the season so well.

29 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

You knew this was coming Tony, you gambled in the summer, didn’t sort the defence and now it’s a mess, please just walk 

But we’ve got new analysis booths and I see the progress on the grass. We just need to be better with the ball , if ever we get it , grow into our new identity , take more of our opportunities, if we ever create any, and try to stop them going in at the other end !!

you complete tit ; go and get your coat

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

But I don't hear anything at Ewood. The heart has stopped beating.

Apathy reigns.

This is where we ended up under Bowyer. Bored with the football, disillusioned by results and excuses and bigging up the opposition as being tough before a ball was kicked. Players clueless and fearful. (Do we even have any kind of game plan let alone style?). The similarities are there. Then they sold all of our players to cover loan repayments or something an the coup de grace was when they brought in a credible manager to sell Rhodes without the peasants revolting.

Here we go again. We just have to get through this really painful yet slow ripping off of the plaster.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

Johnson is a very poor player .....

But Travis didn’t start that way. He was a front foot run at them player. Mowbray told him he needed to watch smallwood and evans. Now that is where we are. 

• Like 4

Bradley Johnson was absolutely atrocious tonight.

I've always thought he's an accident waiting to happen (passing liability). Furthermore he seems less fit than a 30+ year old Dunn and of course 2 leagues below him in quality.

• Like 1

Just now, Boroblue said:

But Travis didn’t start that way. He was a front foot run at them player. Mowbray told him he needed to watch smallwood and evans. Now that is where we are. 

Mowbray looks intent on making Travis the new J-Lo. Have to say there's a discernible difference to the all action player who burst on the scene last season.

Just now, Husky said:

I've always thought he's an accident waiting to happen (passing liability). Furthermore he seems less fit than a 30+ year old Dunn and of course 2 leagues below him in quality.

Also, he screams ripped jeans to me, so why was he signed in the first place?

Just now, bluebruce said:

It's worth noting actually, with our next 3 games being so difficult, that we are probably about to be cut adrift from the top half, let alone the playoffs. Until now, it has generally been 'oh we are till only 3, 4, 6 points off the playoffs'...well now we are 3 points away from moving up ONE spot, from 14th to 13th!! The league is starting to take shape. Three straight defeats could leave us very, very far from the top half already.

We are 6 points above 22nd and 5 above 21st - both teams have a game in hand.

Long season ahead.

• Like 1