BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham (A) [The one we've all seemingly forgotten about]

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not against keeping the ball but the passing has got to be quick and snappy. Most importantly the movement off the ball has got to be top class. All the team have to buy into wanting the ball at all times and making it easy for the bloke in possession to have several options. Basically we've got to be prepared to run a lot more and I doubt ether we've got that degree of desire or athleticism.

Agree with that, our passing is painfully slow.  But looking at the game last night, it is also obvious how easy it is to defend against us as we play so narrow.  The opposing defenders don’t have to run very much to snuff us out which ultimately leads with no one available to accept a pass.  Once in the first half just before they scored, one of our mids picked up a loose ball on the inside right area.  It was perfect for putting it into the left wing but all our players were on the right not out wide and being marked by Birmingham defenders who were just jogging.  Result, our mid gets caught in possession as he has nowhere and no real options available. It was notable that that not one Rovers player was on the left between our 18 yard area and their goal line.

i would back myself to be able to organise Mill Hill third team to defend adequately against us while we are set up as we are.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not against keeping the ball but the passing has got to be quick and snappy. Most importantly the movement off the ball has got to be top class. All the team have to buy into wanting the ball at all times and making it easy for the bloke in possession to have several options. Basically we've got to be prepared to run a lot more and I doubt ether we've got that degree of desire or athleticism.

The other thing with quick possession football is trusting your team mates. There's not many I'd trust to have a good first touch in a tight area and it looks like the players feel the same with their slow and safe style.

Thing is, yes we did have a makeshift backline but the manager has to take responsibility for that. First of all, even though Lenihan and Cunningham give us some bite in defence we've still never looked solid. We give goals away cheaply and struggle to hold onto leads. Personnel and finances aside, we need to do much better collectively in keeping teams out. Secondly, he neglected that position in the summer. Promised defensive recruits but only signed Cunningham and a kid on-loan from City. Lets Mulgrew leave and doesn't even bother with a replacement. Nyambe was frozen out, Bennett is a utility midfielder AT BEST, Bell is L1 standard, and neither Lenihan & Williams are centre-backs (although it's probably been their best position for us). Unacceptable.

• Like 5

Just now, LDRover said:

The other thing with quick possession football is trusting your team mates. There's not many I'd trust to have a good first touch in a tight area and it looks like the players feel the same with their slow and safe style.

I agree but what I saw on Saturday were guys that were under a modicum of pressure passing the ball to team mates who were immediately under a lot of pressure. That's not taking responsibility.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

As I’ve said before, relegation was the best thing that could’ve happened to Mowbray.

We are now plucky little Rovers, forever ‘in transition’ in a higher league. Even though we had a Championship budget that blew everyone out the water in League 1.

If we’d had stayed up at Brentford and trundled around in 15th to 20th since he’d have lost the fans long ago, instead there’s barely a murmur.

If he took us down again no way would he bring us back that bolt has been shot. He did really well then and got the plaudits he deserved but for half a season he looked like he was needlessly making a dogs dinner of it. Just the same as the first few months of this season where he has employed pointless changes that just aren't working.

6 hours ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

Ofcurse I will also you can find me on my FB as Alejandro Tapia Reyes and I can help you with you practice pal...i became a Rovers thanks to the great  campaign in 2001 ...I had 11 years and I started to watch british football thanks to a victory against Tottenham I started to follow my Rovers and I'm a proud Rover since then.

Cheers pal! 

Not a Facebook user, but how wonderful to see a Rovers fan based in Mexico. Spanish coming along nicely for me, practicing every day.

Buena suerte.

In respect of the signing of Aradabioyo I thought he would be able to play a quick passing game given his background but he was one of the worst last night. So many times his (and many others) not being able to play a simple the yard pass put us under more pressure. He is physically weak and in all honesty no better than Wharton or Magliore. He reminds me of a new born horse whose legs look wobbly when it takes its first few steps.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

In respect of the signing of Aradabioyo I thought he would be able to play a quick passing game given his background but he was one of the worst last night. So many times his (and many others) not being able to play a simple the yard pass put us under more pressure. He is physically weak and in all honesty no better than Wharton or Magliore. He reminds me of a new born horse whose legs look wobbly when it takes its first few steps.

Sorry mate , it’s all about opinions. He’s a class act and is surrounded by fuckwits who can’t trap a bag of cement. I bet he can’t wait to feck off playing understudy to the talentless lenihan 

2 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

inI never expected us to be a top 6 side.  I felt that we would be comfortably mid-table, however the way we are playing both defensively and also going forward we could easily be sucked into a relegation battle.

This new style of play that Mowbray has put into place is not working mainly because if you want to play a possession game then you have to push up and press the opposition so that you can dominate the ball and get possession in dangerous areas, instead we are not pressing (and don't have the players to play that sort of game) and are left passing the ball backwards and sideways in areas that pose no danger to the opposition.  The tempo that we play is so slow that it allows teams to easily deal with whatever we are trying to do.

Tony needs to get back to basics or he is going to find that we are will be in a relegation battle and as we all know once you get dragged down there it is very hard to breakaway.  Those hoping that Mowbray will get sacked, he won't be getting sacked anytime soon because the likes of Waggott and Venus would never recommend his removal, the owners may decide to take action themselves if we are in serious danger of getting relegated. 

To me, we are now already in a relegation battle. I am expecting defeats in the next two and all fans will then be looking at the bottom 3 hoping we can pull clear, rather that at the ever increasing gap between us and the top 6. I watched the match on I Follow last night and one of the commentary team said, if we win tonight and Preston lose, and we then beat them on Saturday, we go level on points with them and everyone says they have had a good start. As we now know, we lost Preston drew and they will go further clear of us on Saturday. I would say that's the last time this season, we will be mentioned as a top 6 pretender.

As a side note, Preston are evens to beat us on Saturday. For those who like a flutter and a drink, lump on, as it is nailed on. Go out on the winnings and forget football until the following morning. 

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Sorry mate , it’s all about opinions. He’s a class act and is surrounded by fuckwits who can’t trap a bag of cement. I bet he can’t wait to feck off playing understudy to the talentless lenihan 

It is about opinions. The ineptitude of his teammates didn't cause him to give the ball away cheaply on several occasions, be regularly beaten in the air and out muscled far too often.

In my book he was up there with the worst last night and has done nothing of note so far to give me any indication he will be a big player.

Its probably a bit harsh on Aridabayo from what I have seen of him. No point in having a loan player though, if he does turn out to be a talent, when everything else around him is falling apart. I know we were told that Holtby was injured, for last night. I have no inside information to back this up, but have a feeling he may have reacted badly to being taken off on Saturday and has paid the price for it. I hope I am wrong with that, but something is going badly wrong at the minute and it needs to be rectified quickly. 

Just now, arbitro said:

It is about opinions. The ineptitude of his teammates didn't cause him to give the ball away cheaply on several occasions, be regularly beaten in the air and out muscled far too often.

In my book he was up there with the worst last night and has done nothing of note so far to give me any indication he will be a big player.

I think he’d do well if he was in a proper team with players all in the right positions and giving him passing options. Our front players were like statues last night offering nothing

Tony has made the following 100% factual errors

1) Bought two utterly ineffective strikers for 12m

2) not bought any central defenders despite being low on numbers and quality and it being a clear issue.

3) implemented a new tactical setup that is not effective, now lost and scrambling to figure out a new model

On top of that there are the perceptions that we are unfit, that good players are being used poorly, that morale in the dressing room is low.

He's a gonna, just a matter of time. He's set out his targets (top six) if we lose 2 out of the next 3 I expect him to be sacked.

If he pulls a few results out of the bag he might limp on for a bit but I think he's mortally wounded as I don't think the three things I have spelled out above are solvable quickly enough.

• Like 4

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Tony has made the following 100% factual errors

1) Bought two utterly ineffective strikers for 12m

2) not bought any central defenders despite being low on numbers and quality and it being a clear issue.

3) implemented a new tactical setup that is not effective, now lost and scrambling to figure out a new model

On top of that there are the perceptions that we are unfit, that good players are being used poorly, that morale in the dressing room is low.

He's a gonna, just a matter of time. He's set out his targets (top six) if we lose 2 out of the next 3 I expect him to be sacked.

If he pulls a few results out of the bag he might limp on for a bit but I think he's mortally wounded as I don't think the three things I have spelled out above are solvable quickly enough.

There needs to be unrest in the blackburn end before there’s any chance of him getting sacked. His mate is the CEO.  I don’t hear much and it’s a few weeks away at least .

I have a question, devils advocate here, my view is TM should go. BUT, somehow, some way, we beat Preston 3-0 on Saturday... does it change? Is it the results, or is it more than that? I only ask because I don't know how I'd feel about it if we did win, I'm very undecided in that sense.

3 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

I never expected us to be a top 6 side.  I felt that we would be comfortably mid-table, however the way we are playing both defensively and also going forward we could easily be sucked into a relegation battle.

This new style of play that Mowbray has put into place is not working mainly because if you want to play a possession game then you have to push up and press the opposition so that you can dominate the ball and get possession in dangerous areas, instead we are not pressing (and don't have the players to play that sort of game) and are left passing the ball backwards and sideways in areas that pose no danger to the opposition.  The tempo that we play is so slow that it allows teams to easily deal with whatever we are trying to do.

Tony needs to get back to basics or he is going to find that we are will be in a relegation battle and as we all know once you get dragged down there it is very hard to breakaway.  Those hoping that Mowbray will get sacked, he won't be getting sacked anytime soon because the likes of Waggott and Venus would never recommend his removal, the owners may decide to take action themselves if we are in serious danger of getting relegated. 

Why can't we just be a normal f***ing football club?

3 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

I never expected us to be a top 6 side.  I felt that we would be comfortably mid-table, however the way we are playing both defensively and also going forward we could easily be sucked into a relegation battle.

What a sorry fucked up shadow of a Club we have become where Venus has any say at all on who our Manager is.

Mowbray naturally had no say in his DoFO appointment. Pull the other one.

We have been well and truly conned.

And I am sick of these charlatans.

• Like 2

I think core to some of the attacking problems is that Mowbray brought in replacements for Graham who continued to outshine them all.  Brereton and Gallagher are not bad players. They have performed well for other clubs.  But the replacements have been played out of position to keep them playing and justifying their price tags. 

In a strange way it may be easier once Graham is done and Dack is sold. One of them will own the 9. Who knows, maybe they will both play up front and put Armstrong wide. 

I do believe that Mowbray thought that Bauer was a shoe in and then when Mulgrew was told he might not get regular games he probably threw his toys out. 

All total speculation of course but unless Tony is on this board in disguise, that’s all we got. 

I agree that we need at least one solid centre back bought not loaned but unless Tony has some dosh under the mattress, it may have to come from the sale of Dack. 

Edited by bigbrandjohn

Just now, bigbrandjohn said:

I think core to some of the attacking problems is that Mowbray brought in replacements for Graham who continued to outshine them all.  Brereton and Gallagher are not bad players. They have performed well for other clubs.

I dispute this. I don't think either Gallagher or Brereton played well for other clubs. Gallagher had a decent spell for us but average/poor elsewhere. Brereton has been totally average/poor at Forest.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

If we'd survived at Brentford I'd wager Paul Senior wouldn't have quit as Director of Football. He would have been involved in recruitment and possibly got his feet under the table with the owners whilst Mowbray's power would have been shared or restricted.

Bizarrely relegation spelled the end for Senior and the short lived Director of Football and saw Mowbray concentrate all power in his hands.

Not healthy for a professional club.

We got relegated, Senior who had claimed to have secured Mowbray with his one and only manager search call gets potted and Mowbray gets the gig full time followed by his mates getting other influential jobs at Ewood. There's no one there to control Mowbray at all. Stinks like a week dead cod.

The top and bottom of the Brereton, Gallagher and that 12 million is simply this, neither were what was really/desperately needed at this moment in time.  They are luxury players to sign when you have pot loads of money an already good first 14 or 15 and are just looking to fill it out with bit part young players of potential.

We are not that club nobody in this league is so it was completely bonkers to splash that money on the likes of them in this era whoever is really responsible. To me it is obvious the manager didn't have a specific role in his team for either nor are they the types you set up your side around.

Bonkers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

He won't be a big player apart from being tall, he will never be a regular for City full stop, all City are doing with him is pushing up his value by sending him out on loan so when the time comes to cash in he will have played going on 100 games in the championship, so when it comes to selling they will look to pick up a few million for him,

it's all about the business 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I think core to some of the attacking problems is that Mowbray brought in replacements for Graham who continued to outshine them all.  Brereton and Gallagher are not bad players. They have performed well for other clubs.  But the replacements have been played out of position to keep them playing and justifying their price tags. 

In a strange way it may be easier once Graham is done and Dack is sold. One of them will own the 9. Who knows, maybe they will both play up front and put Armstrong wide. 

I do believe that Mowbray thought that Bauer was a shoe in and then when Mulgrew was told he might not get regular games he probably threw his toys out. 

All total speculation of course but unless Tony is on this board in disguise, that’s all we got. 

I agree that we need at least one solid centre back bought not loaned but unless Tony has some dosh under the mattress, it may have to come from the sale of Dack. 

Would you give him any more money to spend ? I wouldn't.