BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham (A) [The one we've all seemingly forgotten about]

22 hours ago, Boroblue said:

But Travis didn’t start that way. He was a front foot run at them player. Mowbray told him he needed to watch smallwood and evans. Now that is where we are. 

Exactly, that's why Mowbary has to go.  An exciting young forward thinking player and Mowbary drops him for it, cis he wants Evans and Smallwood iut if him.  This us why our players are playing the way they are, they are sick of it too.  They know they are being held back.  Why did Holtby not get a kick?  Was he injured?

4 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I caught a bit of Mowbray's interview on Radio Lancs tonight.

Did he really say "I don't mind losing football matches but you have to lose the right way" ?

Please no!

Mowbray has lost the plot. :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Exactly, that's why Mowbary has to go.  An exciting young forward thinking player and Mowbary drops him for it, cis he wants Evans and Smallwood iut if him.  This us why our players are playing the way they are, they are sick of it too.  They know they are being held back.  Why did Holtby not get a kick?  Was he injured?

He's set to do the same with Holtby by the sounds of it. He has them all playing within themselves now.

After watching this game Rovers were so poor in both defence and attack if we lose badly at Preston I think that a large section of the support will turn against Mowbray as I have thought all this season that the manager is not up to taking the club any further and its time for him to be releaved of his position. 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm tired of repeating myself on this, but the only surprise to me is that anyone is actually surprised at how crap we are.

We've been absolutely abysmal for twelve months or so since (funnily enough) Preston away at a similar stage last year. To me it was blindingly obvious that that TM needed potting in February or March so it's no surprise whatsoever that we've been simply been served up with more of the same old s***e this season and that things appear to be deteriorating rapidly.

Im sure there are other things to criticise him for but just off the top of my head:

Since promotion, 3 abysmal transfer windows.

Spending 7m on a young striker then never giving him a chance in his natural position.

Bringing in Chapman on loan and rarely playing him, then bringing him in permanently and never giving him a chance at all.

Stifling other players with any flair such as Rothwell, Palmer, Holtby.

Seemingly trying to turn Travis into Lowe/Evans Mark 3.

Wasting a further 5m on a guy who we'd already seen was (at the very best) a 5-10 goal a season journeyman.

Shocking treatment of Nyambe whereas Bennett is a liability virtually every week yet seems unstoppable and somehow seems to have to be show horned into the side one way or another every week.

Contracts handed out like sweeties almost as a reward for past service to players who should clearly have been moved on.

Neglecting to strengthen at centre half then exacerbating  the situation by loaning out Magloire and Wharton and Mulgrew without direct replacements when we were already desperately short of quality and numbers at centre back.

Other than a dearth of centre halves we don't even have a first choice keeper to call our own as we replaced a slightly erratic but hugely talented  young keeper with a big useless lump on loan who makes a sideboard look agile.

Team never plays for 90 mins and rarely turns up in the first half.

Needs to be replaced immediately for me, but then again  I thought that in February. Can only see the situation deteriorating further the longer he stays in charge. Would anyone trust him to spend any more money were it to be made available?

The litany of transgressions is substantial, and yet TM carries on blithely and regardless of the obvious truths that everyone else can see.

Difficult to fathom - but then again, this is the world where individuals can apparently justify wage demands of £450K per week (Sterling). Perhaps we just have to accept that football is a crazy world, inhabited by crazy people, and followed by (relatively) sane fans who are seen as irrelevant by anyone on the 'inside'.

For me, if we get tubbed by the Nobbenders, TM needs to walk, let alone be potted.

Are you listening Tony? Grow a big swinging pair of cohones, one way or the other, and allow the club to lurch to its next intriguing (but likely to be just as frustrating) chapter...

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm tired of repeating myself on this, but the only surprise to me is that anyone is actually surprised at how crap we are.

We've been absolutely abysmal for twelve months or so since (funnily enough) Preston away at a similar stage last year. To me it was blindingly obvious that that TM needed potting in February or March so it's no surprise whatsoever that we've been simply been served up with more of the same old s***e this season and that things appear to be deteriorating rapidly.

Im sure there are other things to criticise him for but just off the top of my head:

Spending 7m on a young striker then never giving him a chance in his natural position.

Bringing in Chapman on loan and rarely playing him, then bringing him in permanently and never giving him a chance at all.

Wasting a further 5m on a guy who we'd already seen was (at the very best) a 5-10 goal a season journeyman.

Shocking treatment of Nyambe whereas Bennett is a liability virtually every week yet seems unstoppable and somehow seems to have to be show horned into the side one way or another every week.

Contracts handed out like sweeties almost as a reward for past service to players who should clearly have been moved on.

Neglecting to strengthen at centre half then exacerbating  the situation by loaning out Magloire and Wharton and Mulgrew without direct replacements when we were already desperately short of quality and numbers at centre back.

Other than a dearth of centre halves we don't even have a first choice keeper to call our own as we replaced a slightly erratic but hugely talented  young keeper with a big useless lump on loan who makes a sideboard look agile.

Needs to be replaced immediately for me, but then again  I thought that in February. Can only see the situation deteriorating further the longer he stays in charge. Would anyone trust him to spend any more money were it to be made available?

I agree with every single line of this and you are right there are more things that could be added but it's surely not necessary as the picture is already crystal clear. Last year just after Christmas when we were nudging the playoffs we went on a long losing streak but managed to stay in this league. My worry is that if we do that again from 14th place we are gone completely. He has to go before that happens , walk or sack either will do.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Spot on Simon.  Nothing I can add to that.  Except perhaps, Brereton had by all accounts a good pre season and he does not play him, leaves him on the bench and brings on a young midfielder when we are needing a goal.  What a plank he has become.  I swear he could bring in Messi and Ronaldo and Messi would stop scoring and Ronaldo would start passing backwards or get dropped.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

For me, if we get tubbed by the Nobbenders, TM needs to walk, let alone be potted.

Are you listening Tony? Grow a big swinging pair of cohones, one way or the other, and allow the club to lurch to its next intriguing (but likely to be just as frustrating) chapter...

I think we need to forget any notion that he might walk, thereby forgoing any compensation. No-one does that these days unless they've already  been guilty of some sort of gross misconduct entitling their employers to terminate their contracts forthwith.

If we're to get rid of him, Waggot or the owners are going to have to sack him. The former seems highly unlikely so imo the owners are going to have to give Waggot an edict from above and while they're at it I'd be telling him and Venus to pack their bags as well.

39 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think we need to forget any notion that he might walk, thereby forgoing any compensation. No-one does that these days unless they've already  been guilty of some sort of gross misconduct entitling their employers to terminate their contracts forthwith.

If we're to get rid of him, Waggot or the owners are going to have to sack him. The former seems highly unlikely so imo the owners are going to have to give Waggot an edict from above and while they're at it I'd be telling him and Venus to pack their bags as well.

Hopefully a sourness situation where he gets a job. Hopefully boro pot woodgate, Mowbray saves face and fecks off....although I can’t see it as he will want a maximum pay off so might get his mate to sack him anyway...