SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray Poll

Mowbray Poll  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Mowbray should...

• Stay
    • Go

Yes well the main problem is getting into a relegation dog-fight.

I have no confidence Mowbray can inspire the team to "fight its way out" and voted accordingly.

His money signings have been awful(Dack,Rothwell & possibly Armstrong apart). Im not being over critical...anyone who plays so many players in wrong positions is trying to do what exactly???

On a more positive note,I have never criticised Bennett. Playing a right-sided midfielder at LEFT-back-probably better than Gallagher,Brereton,Holtby or Bell in this position? I would say so.

Just now, harryhealless1928 said:

Yes well the main problem is getting into a relegation dog-fight.

I have no confidence Mowbray can inspire the team to "fight its way out" and voted accordingly.

His money signings have been awful(Dack,Rothwell & possibly Armstrong apart). Im not being over critical...anyone who plays so many players in wrong positions is trying to do what exactly???

On a more positive note,I have never criticised Bennett. Playing a right-sided midfielder at LEFT-back-probably better than Gallagher,Brereton,Holtby or Bell in this position? I would say so.

I'd agree but who's to say which square peg Mowbray will try to hammer into which round hole next?

175 people in total have voted so far.

How many active users are there on this site?

It's been said fairly consistently over the years that supposedly the overall opinion on this message-board isn't the same overall opinion of Rovers fans at large. I'd be interested to hear from all those Mowbray supporters out there.

Just now, Husky said:

It's been said fairly consistently over the years that supposedly the overall opinion on this message-board isn't the same overall opinion of Rovers fans at large. I'd be interested to hear from all those Mowbray supporters out there.

There are two on the Telegraph site called Beetlejuce and Tinnery who think the sun shines out of Mowbray's arse and claw at anything to support him - but to be fair they sound like they are just the resident dickheads. Otherwise, the general consensus is for him to go.  When I've been on there in the past, the majority was pro-Mowbray.

Just now, Husky said:

The Mowbray supporters (who seem to support each incumbent manager more than the club itself - until they leave of course) are busy making cases against individual players.

Nothing to do with Tony, just players making “mistakes”.

“Walton at fault for the first” - who bought him and decided to have Leutwiler still as number two. No pressure on the number one.

”Bennett at fault for the penalty” - who decides that he has to play every game. Three different positions in the last four games and the captaincy to boot.

“Nyambe to blame for the third” - our only genuine right back at the club and who has been dropped for a centre midfielder for most of this season. Called on because the manager has no choice. Must be great for a player’s confidence that.

One thing that is pretty consistent is that these people are pretty obnoxious in how they label those who do doubt Mowbray can take us forward.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

The first half against Preston was as good as anything I've seen at the club. The second-half was as bad as anything I've seen at the club. We need consistency - be it on the pitch, or in the transfer window. Somebody like Hughton would bring that. I've actually enjoyed Mowbray's time here, overal - at least as far as that can go! I genuinely believe that he's saved us from embarrassment that we couldn't even begin to imagine. If I step out of the box, then I think since last December was when I truly started to doubt him; the summer transfer window's mediocrity could be forgiven if we were pulling out surprise results, but since then, it has been a one-way street to decline.

It's sad, really, because I do want him as the sort of person leading us to success, but he is not the sharpest tool in the shed if I'm being honest. If we were to swap him for an unemployed manager like Hughton, I would bite off your hand.

I'm not against professionals being given a chance to redeem themselves, and Mowbray certainly has, in my view (remember the apathy we all felt when he was appointed?), but this is where it should end. I think it's time for somebody with REAL capabilities to take us up, and if tonight's result after half-time doesn't confirm that Mowbray isn't the man to do that, I'm not sure what will.

Oh, Rovers... ?

Away at Birmingham was even worse Phil.  I lost 7 hours of my life that I will never get back travelling to watch that shower.

I’ve reluctantly voted “go”.

I’ve always been a supporter of TM and everything he’s done for our club but he’s run out of steam now. The reversal today against local rivals is unforgivable, and it makes me think that he’s lost the players or the plot. Our threadbare defence has never been addressed and indeed we are awful at the back now, probably the worst since he took over. We’ve spent a fortune on strikers that can’t score and he keeps making the same strange squad selections. 

I hoped that TM could help us progress as he restored pride to our club when we were in a very dark place. I gave him a lot of leeway for the performances he coaxed out of a fairly poor squad last season and the promotion from league 1. I thought he’d be able to turn things round and get the best out of the players again. Sadly we look to be regressing now and I worry that we’ll be in danger of relegation if things continue in the same vein. Respect to TM for what he’s done so far, for me he’s the best manager we’ve had since Venkys. Unfortunately that’s still not good enough and we need a change. 

Regarding a potential replacement I just don’t know who we could get that could succeed under the Venkys. Previously I argued against Hughes coming back as he has been unsuccessful of late but he’s probably the best we could attract at this stage (if we could even tempt him and he could work under the Venkys). Hughton would be class but there’s very little chance of that happening. Definitely not Johnson, he’s not ready for the job and I can’t see him being the kind of strong, dynamic personality that we need to stand up to the Venkys and run the club their way. Sadly that means he’ll probably get the job if TM goes. 

Edited by The Hypnotic
  • Like 1

On 22/10/2019 at 12:11, JoeH said:

He has this week. Draw or lose tonight and we then HAVE to beat Preston. Lose both games and we'd be even worse off than last season.

Then for me its time to recover under Damien Johnson. The progress that will be made by the likes of Buckley, JRC, Butterworth, Brereton, Chapman, Rothwell and Nyambe would make under his leadership I think would be astounding.

For what it's worth Mowbray could do himself no harm by trying the younger lads now

It may even buy him a little more time and it could even save him his job,

Louis Vangal (sp) when at united gave many a young player their debuts, he did this not because they were all ready but because he knew it would give him time with the fans, as he knew united were going through a period of transition, Ole is also doing it now as is Lampard at Chelsea (due to transfer ban) 

fans love nothing more than seeing "one of their own" out there, if Mowbray has got any sense left at all he might want to try it

He should look to give extended game time to Buckley, JRC, Butterworth, Rothwell, Travis, Nyambe now, results may or may not improve but I will gaurentee effort and desire to fight for the badge will and it will show there is a plan moving forward

At the minute there looks like no forward thinking it looks like Rovers are stumbling into one game after the other and hoping for the best, that won't win you football matches, if Mowbray has an ounce of being a half decent coach left he will start to disgard the over paid under performing in his squad from now and try the young lads, they may shock a few, or they may come unstuck, but they will give their all for the club and will fight to the end

15 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

For what it's worth Mowbray could do himself no harm by trying the younger lads now

It may even buy him a little more time and it could even save him his job,

Louis Vangal (sp) when at united gave many a young player their debuts, he did this not because they were all ready but because he knew it would give him time with the fans, as he knew united were going through a period of transition, Ole is also doing it now as is Lampard at Chelsea (due to transfer ban) 

fans love nothing more than seeing "one of their own" out there, if Mowbray has got any sense left at all he might want to try it

He should look to give extended game time to Buckley, JRC, Butterworth, Rothwell, Travis, Nyambe now, results may or may not improve but I will gaurentee effort and desire to fight for the badge will and it will show there is a plan moving forward

At the minute there looks like no forward thinking it looks like Rovers are stumbling into one game after the other and hoping for the best, that won't win you football matches, if Mowbray has an ounce of being a half decent coach left he will start to disgard the over paid under performing in his squad from now and try the young lads, they may shock a few, or they may come unstuck, but they will give their all for the club and will fight to the end

What about the young keeper we took from Everton? I've only seen him once but he looked assured and dominant.

First half yesterday and most of the first half v Hudds they did everything right. Second halves they did everything wrong, at Brum they just did nothing.  So not sure it's a question of chucking kids in to me it is still down to lacking key players in key areas who basically run the team, leaders in other words.

Whenever we go on the back foot the team is all over the shop because there are too many changes game by game and they don't cover for each other or gel as a unit.  A well drilled side that doesn't happen but a team of individuals especially the back line it'll happen over and over again.....and it is.

Still no doubt they've a few days off now so they can sulk or more likely plan their next jolly ups for the next Int break holidays !!!!!