SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray Poll

Mowbray Poll  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Mowbray should...

• Stay
    • Go

I await the avalanche of contrary views (nothing wrong with that btw) but I expect that the V’s will be on the case of Tony very quickly.

There was decisive action when it was clear that Gary Bowyer was not taking the Club in the required direction and we are in a similar if not worse situation now.

The body language of Tony gives away the pressure he is under, I suspect that comes from the owners who expect him to deliver on his promises.

I realise all the mistakes they have made, at the end of the day they appear to want the Club to move upwards, they would be daft if they did not.

I really want Tony to do well.  He is a decent and principled man.  However the time has come for change.  The time to move is the international break following the S Weds and Leeds games.

• Like 2

Just now, Bad Boy said:

I await the avalanche of contrary views (nothing wrong with that btw) but I expect that the V’s will be on the case of Tony very quickly.

There was decisive action when it was clear that Gary Bowyer was not taking the Club in the required direction and we are in a similar if not worse situation now.

The body language of Tony gives away the pressure he is under, I suspect that comes from the owners who expect him to deliver on his promises.

I realise all the mistakes they have made, at the end of the day they appear to want the Club to move upwards, they would be daft if they did not.

I really want Tony to do well.  He is a decent and principled man.  However the time has come for change.  The time to move is the international break following the S Weds and Leeds games.

They can’t be happy with Tony saying that we’ll be in the top 6 if they give him x amount of money to spend, and we end up in a relegation battle - that can’t last long, so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

They'd already started selling players from under GB and i suspect he wasn't happy about it and voiced his concerns so i think that signed his own P45. The poor results just gave them the excuse and what happened with Lambert who sussed them out quickly kind of backs that up.

Trouble is here they've given TM a nice juicy contract and the keys to the club which he has filled with his pals no doubt on similar. Look at what they are doing with Venus he's doing 2 or 3 jobs now but i doubt it's for the price of one.

They aren't daft this lot it looked like they got their fingers in all sorts of pies at Coventry under a similar set up.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

Devil's advocate - there wasn't decisive action when Coyle was at the helm.

The time to move is now, before the next six points are chucked away.

A bit of new manager / caretaker manager bounce is needed.

Some stats:

Since the turn of the year we've played 35 league games and gained 43 points = 56 points if averaged out over a season.

Remove January when we won 4 in a row and it's 31 points in 31 games.

Not quite relegation but still 19th/20th position and a million miles away from where this squad should be finishing.

Since the start of 2018/2019 - 60 games - 75 points - 1.25 a game = 15th/16th place.

Total Championship games (inc 2016/2017) 75 games - 97 points = 1.29 points = approx 59 points over a season.

Thank you for promotion from League 1 but I think he's had long enough now to show that the current league position is as best as can be expected in the Championship.

I notice there are mentions of Gary Bowyer throughout the thread - for comparison, in 2.5 seasons under GB and then Lambert we finished 8th, 19th and then matched last seasons finish of 15h.

I'm hoping for Middlesborough to give up on Woodgate and come calling - I think that would be the ideal situation for all parties. I just can't see him being pushed - it's far too comfortable for him at Rovers.

14 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

Some stats:

Since the turn of the year we've played 35 league games and gained 43 points = 56 points if averaged out over a season.

Not quite relegation but still 19th/20th position and a million miles away from where this squad should be finishing.

Since the start of 2018/2019 - 60 games - 75 points - 1.25 a game = 15th/16th place.

Total Championship games (inc 2016/2017) 75 games - 97 points = 1.29 points = approx 59 points over a season.

Thank you for promotion from League 1 but I think he's had long enough now to show that the current league position is as best as can be expected in the Championship.

I notice there are mentions of Gary Bowyer throughout the thread - for comparison, in 2.5 seasons under GB and then Lambert we finished 8th, 19th and then matched last seasons finish of 15h.

I'm hoping for Middlesborough to give up on Woodgate and come calling - I think that would be the ideal situation for all parties. I just can't see him being pushed - it's far too comfortable for him at Rovers.

Would folk stop spouting the boro would come calling nonsense, never going to happen, mowbray isn’t well respected in footballing circles, there would be uproar in boro I’d they potted wood gate and brought struggling mowbray in. Never in a million years is that scenario going to happen so we can just can that one now 

• Like 1

Steve Gibson isnt daft. He's given Woodgate an opportunity after serving time on the coaching staff. It isnt really working for them at the moment although at least they've kept a few clean sheets in tough games recently v Huddersfield and Fulham. 

Woodgate will be given some time but Gibson will sack him before risking relegation and will appoint a good manager in his place.

Mowbray was and is a legend up there but that didn't stop the axe coming down when it was clear he'd lost his way. 

Nothing wrong with being patient and giving.managers a chance but you have to be able to recognise when it has gone too far to salvage. We are reaching that stage with our manager. It happens everywhere but the people who run Rovers will not face up to reality. They will bury their heads in the sand and hope everything works out ok. 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Would folk stop spouting the boro would come calling nonsense, never going to happen, mowbray isn’t well respected in footballing circles, there would be uproar in boro I’d they potted wood gate and brought struggling mowbray in. Never in a million years is that scenario going to happen so we can just can that one now 

“Mowbray isn’t respected in footballing circles”?

i think his time at rovers is coming to an end, but quotes like this are utter drivel. 

Managers are paid Millions to get results,motivate the team to win etc.Bottom line.

It's a results game,it really is as simple as that and let's get real...TM is failing miserably even when backed with hard cash.

Nice guy,honest guy I care not....results nowhere near good enough.His interviews and touchline body language this last month has been nothing short of appalling.

The writing is on the wall..do we wait until he takes us back to the dead man's league?

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

3 hours ago, Andrewd2805 said:

“Mowbray isn’t respected in footballing circles”?

i think his time at rovers is coming to an end, but quotes like this are utter drivel. 

Busted flush, dinosaur, can’t turn around poor spells. Honestly his reputation in Scotland is dug meat after a horrendous spell at Celtic- an easy job. Where are you getting this image he is respected because it’s laughable. When at West Brom he was but since, no 

21 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Busted flush, dinosaur, can’t turn around poor spells. Honestly his reputation in Scotland is dug meat after a horrendous spell at Celtic- an easy job. Where are you getting this image he is respected because it’s laughable. When at West Brom he was but since, no 

I can back this up. When people up here in Glasgow found out that Mowbray was Rovers' new manager, they were astonished that he had got another job with a 'big club' (their words, not mine) as he totally lost the plot during his time in Scotland. And it wasn't just Sellick fans saying it either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamieUK said:

Some stats:

Wikipedia have him at 137 games for Rovers . Lasted 140 at wba and 153 at boro. Seems to have reached a similar stage as in the past when the wheels fall off 

31 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

When asked at the end of the PNE game "Have you got a big decision to make now" Steve Waggot replied "Would you have asked that at half time"........ TM is safe as houses at the moment

The person who asked the question should have said yes.

Patronising fans as though all judgements are made on one game. Or on this case one half.

In days gone buy we’d be chanting “sack the board” by now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pk1875 said:

When asked at the end of the PNE game "Have you got a big decision to make now" Steve Waggot replied "Would you have asked that at half time"........ TM is safe as houses at the moment

The obvious answer to that inane question from Waggott should have been

Obviously yes because we've been terrible for 12 months and one good half doesn't change that."

2 hours ago, pk1875 said:

To which the reporter should have said : "That's irrelevant because we've lost yet again."

• Like 1

Only way to get him out of club is to save your brass for Christmas  .And not go back untill he's  gone he's  not going too turn this round and his blind faith in players and the way we are set up is rubbish . Its going too be long winter  with TM and co in charge

• Like 3