Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray Poll

Mowbray Poll  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Mowbray should...

• Stay
    • Go

4 hours ago, pk1875 said:

When asked at the end of the PNE game "Have you got a big decision to make now" Steve Waggot replied "Would you have asked that at half time"........ TM is safe as houses at the moment

That answer doesn't even make sense.

At least we've figured out why we only ever play well for 45mins. Someone tell them that a game lasts for 90mins.

FFS this guy is actually in a senior position at the club?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bad Boy said:

I await the avalanche of contrary views (nothing wrong with that btw) but I expect that the V’s will be on the case of Tony very quickly.

There was decisive action when it was clear that Gary Bowyer was not taking the Club in the required direction and we are in a similar if not worse situation now.

The body language of Tony gives away the pressure he is under, I suspect that comes from the owners who expect him to deliver on his promises.

I realise all the mistakes they have made, at the end of the day they appear to want the Club to move upwards, they would be daft if they did not.

I really want Tony to do well.  He is a decent and principled man.  However the time has come for change.  The time to move is the international break following the S Weds and Leeds games.

Yep---give it to Johnson on a trial basis to the end of the season would be my guess at what Venkys will do. Quick and cheap and might come off.

His ramblings never cease to amaze ...

its as if he is talking to India and not the local fans/ reporters .... Now he thinks we going to go on a run like Villa did with Dean Smith ( think they did 10 on the bounce) .. it’s even crazy just mentioning that ... when a Manager starts playing with words just to buy some time you know it’s bad and downhill from there ... we get a nose bleed after 2 games never mind double figures and these kind of runs happen very rarely and you have to have an outstanding players not just one or 2 ..... He Knows that we know that but maybe IndiA doesn’t he thinks ...

9 hours ago, unleaded said:

His ramblings never cease to amaze ...

its as if he is talking to India and not the local fans/ reporters .... Now he thinks we going to go on a run like Villa did with Dean Smith ( think they did 10 on the bounce) .. it’s even crazy just mentioning that ... when a Manager starts playing with words just to buy some time you know it’s bad and downhill from there ... we get a nose bleed after 2 games never mind double figures and these kind of runs happen very rarely and you have to have an outstanding players not just one or 2 ..... He Knows that we know that but maybe IndiA doesn’t he thinks ...

Where is he saying this? (Not sure if I really want to read it)

If he reckons we're going to win 10 on the bounce, he's absolutely deluded.

Has he seen our next 2 fixtures?

11 hours ago, 47er said:

Yep---give it to Johnson on a trial basis to the end of the season would be my guess at what Venkys will do. Quick and cheap and might come off.

Mark Venus has a history of becoming caretaker when Mowbray departs a Club. Mowbray finds a new job and Venus joins him, keeps Venus in wages. Contractual?

Now that Venus is Director of a Made Up Job maybe things are different.

Team talk at halftime  TM to players  , What you lot doing  we didn't  do plan A at training  and we've scored two goals  Gallagher  yes you in the corner  score  again  and you out, now get back on wing, ok boss . Bennett when we kick off  for the second  half get Preston back in it  how Boss do what you did last week . Ok boss will do,  can i still be captain OK but don't  let me down ok boss. Travis shut up your not coming on  right boss . Bell i told you before keep making mistakes  sorry boss . Walton yes you stop thinking your a keeper  right boss  Can somebody  tie his hands together  will do boss . Now get out and make sure we go back to plan B alright boss  go and gift them will do boss

• Like 1

Just now, Roverthechimp said:

I wouldn't say that - more like 10% are acutely afraid of who his replacement would be...

I think a lot more than 10 percent are afraid of that, despite voting Go

The only real chance of Rovers ever prospering in the future is for the crap of Pune to be flushed down the toilet. 

Until then a manager is just a man on a high salary

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

The Rao's luck has to change some time with an appointment. The law of averages suggests they will...look at the inbred lot down the road!

Law of averages took them 35 years!

We could be in for a long wait.

7 hours ago, BigUts said:

The Rao's luck has to change some time with an appointment. The law of averages suggests they will...look at the inbred lot down the road!

You never know. We could stumble upon a cracking appointment. Unlikely but possible. The dice has to be rolled though. As we know exactly what direction we are heading under Mowbray

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

Would anyone take a punt on Tim Flowers? Seems to be doing a great job at Solihull Moors.

Absolutely not, and the only reason you suggest it is because he played here.

I can't imagine you would take a punt on any other of the managers in the top 10 of the national league.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2019 at 19:35, BigUts said:

If we had the right infrastructure in place? Sure. Maybe. What I don't get, is that they're obviously no more hands-on than the Walker Trust were. If they hired a competent, objective board (and not the manager's mates) to run the club, gave them a budget and targets, we might get somewhere. Instead, the board are glorified bureaucrats and everything still has to be signed off from Pune.