Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray Poll

Mowbray Poll  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Mowbray should...

• Stay
    • Go

Keyboard warriors. 

Nothing will happen until there is a vocal demonstration of the discontent felt towards the Mediocre One. 

I've not heard a squeak at any game (home & away) that i've been to this season. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I believe in "We'll support you evermore" and don't shop around like a consumer which is not the attitude I associate with true supporters. I am old enough to remember when second level mediocrity was an upgrade on what we were presented with but I didn't desert the club then and won't now.

I don't like the present level of performances and believe that there are other managers who could get better results than the present incumbent - but I don't trust the owners to make that appointment and will stick with Mowbray at least until the end of the season

I remember a turning point away at Tranmere, but even then at our lowest point I had belief in the manager. Now I don’t. If your idea of a true supporter is someone who never questions the club, so be it. It is not mine.

• Like 1

Why does anyone think any sort of vocal protest will make a difference right now ?

It won't be loud enough to be heard where it matters as usual and they won't be made aware of it unless certain people want them made aware of it.  That's highly unlikely unless the middleman has another of his mates mates he'd like to flag up with the promise of great things on no budget.

The one thing it might do though is fire a rocket up Mowbray and half the team but people are expecting to lose on Sat so it'll mostly be another shoulder shrug.

• Like 1

I have met Tony on a number of occasions.  He is a lovely man, knowledgable and he has more integrity that our national politicians combined.

i have many Boro supporting mates that say the same.  However they all agree with me when they say he is not good enough to progress the team and they would not want him back to a man.

He is loyal and that is a positive but it can also stand in the way of progress.  It is time for an amicable parting and hopefully Mr Waggott is lining up a replacement now so the change is seamless.

Do the right thing please SW and be decisive.

• Like 1

Just now, Bad Boy said:

I have met Tony on a number of occasions.  He is a lovely man, knowledgable and he has more integrity that our national politicians combined.

i have many Boro supporting mates that say the same.  However they all agree with me when they say he is not good enough to progress the team and they would not want him back to a man.

He is loyal and that is a positive but it can also stand in the way of progress.  It is time for an amicable parting and hopefully Mr Waggott is lining up a replacement now so the change is seamless.

The side effect of this is that there is no faith whatsoever in Waggott to do what normal chief execs would do. His history with Mowbray; the contemptuous way the club treats fans while he has been here; does he even have the authority?

Edited by Stuart

Just now, Stuart said:

The side effect of this is that there is no faith whatsoever in Waggott to do what normal chief execs would do. His history with Mowbray; the contemptuous way the club treats fans while he has been here; does he even have the authority?

I don't think anyone has ever had any real power at Ewood since Venkys arrived.

• Like 1

You could take a megaphone to Pune, stand at the pearly chicken gates, and shout Mowbray Out like the pro-EU guy outside of parliament has for the last three-years, and the Venkys still wouldn't hear you.

Shouting Mowbray out at Preston will help people, including me, vent their anger, but let's be honest - it's not going to be heard. I'm sure they'll get the result from some underling at some point on Monday maybe, but that'll be it.

Just now, Stuart said:

SW is passionate about Rovers, he is desperate for Rovers to succeed.  The appointment of TM worked to a point, it is now time to move on and build after a number of poor / dubious signings and bizarre formations and substitutions from Tony.  I have no doubt if SW said to Pune we need to change the Manager they will listen - clearly you have a different, and your opinion valid, point-of-view.

Just now, Bad Boy said:

SW is passionate about Rovers, he is desperate for Rovers to succeed.  The appointment of TM worked to a point, it is now time to move on and build after a number of poor / dubious signings and bizarre formations and substitutions from Tony.  I have no doubt if SW said to Pune we need to change the Manager they will listen - clearly you have a different, and your opinion valid, point-of-view.

Do you think Mowbray helped get Waggott his job? If so do you really think Waggott is ever going to push for Mowbray's sacking? 

Even if he did push for it why would Venkys listen to him? Mowbray has been here longer, appointed all the staff and has his feet under the owners table.

Remember Paul Hunt and Steve Kean? Only one winner with the owners.

The only prospect of a change being made is if Pasha emerges to do something but he would be taking a risk there. Remember Mowbray is the only decision he has made that worked.out. sacking Bowyer, bringing Lambert in and appointing Coyle were all poor decisions that ultimately caused relegation.

Just now, JHRover said:

Do you think Mowbray helped get Waggott his job? If so do you really think Waggott is ever going to push for Mowbray's sacking? 

Even if he did push for it why would Venkys listen to him? Mowbray has been here longer, appointed all the staff and has his feet under the owners table.

Remember Paul Hunt and Steve Kean? Only one winner with the owners.

The only prospect of a change being made is if Pasha emerges to do something but he would be taking a risk there. Remember Mowbray is the only decision he has made that worked.out. sacking Bowyer, bringing Lambert in and appointing Coyle were all poor decisions that ultimately caused relegation.

Is this guy still on the scene?

Just now, Bad Boy said:

JHR: I disagree that sacking was a poor decision, imo it should have been much earlier.  As for the rest it is conspiracy theory, I leave that stuff for the politicians.

It's not a conspiracy theory that Kean and Bowyer had more power than anyone else including board members because they were well in with the owners in India. That's a fact and the reason board members have come and gone with regularity.

Now maybe Waggott is different but given he's Mowbray's mate from Coventry I'm not confident of that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

Nice one Steve. Yes, of course my opinion is valid in my opinion.

Another big IF. Actions speak louder than words.

1 hour ago, Bad Boy said:

I agree he seems very pleasant and we were all desperate for him to succeed. But he hasn't and times up.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yet nowhere to be seen on here, still a very shadowy character...

https://www.rovers.co.uk/club/whos-who/

I was writing an article couple of years back, and after research, gathered his contact details. I sent him emails and left messages. After about a week got an email from the club asking why i was contacting him and demanded i stopped doing so. I explained why and said i wanted questions answering, got further communication asking me to direct them at some other chap. Did so and got zero replies.

Topic has travelled over to Steve Waggott, and personally haven't been too keen on him. I've met him twice now and each time he's been a little evasive. I've heard him speak a few times too at these QnA events also. For me his issue is that he's overly optimistic. He sets projections and expectations that are way above whats achievable and I worry that he, along with others at the club, will remain "positive" about TM til way past his expiry date.

Well like Venkys themselves 'middleman' has been one constant throughout all the nonsense, odd signings and sales, managers etc etc.

If ANYONE can truly answer questions for fans it's him but for some reason he continues to get a free pass while being fobbed off as merely a go between here and India.

Bollocks he is.

Edited by tomphil

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I'm prepared to question the club but not to walk away from it

It would seem you are prepared to follow blindly, people who have no interest, bar money, in our club. I am not. If we are in the same position at the end of the season, I doubt if I will renew my season ticket. This does not mean I have walked away from the club I have supported every season for fifty years, but from the uncommitted people at all levels that now run the club.

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

It would seem you are prepared to follow blindly, people who have no interest, bar money, in our club. I am not. If we are in the same position at the end of the season, I doubt if I will renew my season ticket. This does not mean I have walked away from the club I have supported every season for fifty years, but from the uncommitted people at all levels that now run the club.

I am not following the owners blindly - a large number of my posts provide critical comment on them - but I see no reason to allow their incompetence to drive me away from the club  although of course you have the choice to do what you want. Ultimately I believe we are supporters of the club and not customers and I conduct myself accordingly.

I will say this; even though I voted to keep him now (& reassess at season’s end), even if Blackburn wins the next three, he still needs to be evaluated at the end of the season. The only thing that could change my mind is if he clearly loses the team. Who knows, after the next three, things could change, horribly for the worse; I sincerely doubt they will change appreciably for the better. 

Besides, our best chance of getting the manager we need will be then, not now. It might be Johnson, but let him start fresh. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

I am not following the owners blindly - a large number of my posts provide critical comment on them - but I see no reason to allow their incompetence to drive me away from the club  although of course you have the choice to do what you want. Ultimately I believe we are supporters of the club and not customers and I conduct myself accordingly.

I believe I am both and expect to be treated accordingly