BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Manchester Originals - Cricket... Kind of?

Any cricket fans in the house? Struggling to get TOO excited about The Hundred. Think its a silly idea, not too different from T20, and isn't helping English Cricket in the slightest. Manchester's team is a bit meh, no big stars (nobody picked Chris Gayle!!!).

What's people's thoughts on The Hundred, Manchester Originals and the draft selections?

Not a chance I’ll watch it and I’m not the only one thinking the same going off social media.

Record crowds for the T20 blast this year, all they needed to do to build further was to get some matches on free to air TV and ride the World Cup momentum.

Instead they’ve ripped up 150 years of history and regional identities, for what? 20 less balls? Do me a favour!

#boycottthe100

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. If you're a fan of ANY of the current forms of cricket, this Hundred thing isn't aimed at you so they don't care what you think. ?

There's supposedly a whole new market out there to fill the stadiums and buy the kits (because they like the colour or because their favourite player will play for them in 1 or 2 games).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Outside London I forsee empty grounds.

That could kill it off more than anything as it won't be a good look for free to air TV...

I really hope so. The fact this sideshow McCricket has been given prime summer slots is an outrage in itself.

From my friendship group and family I know probably 10-15 people who regularly watch Lancs and or England only 1 would consider going to this.

The ECB seem to think there are swathes of untapped cricket fans. I just don’t see it. If you’re not going to cricket now why would a bizarre format of mostly the same county players with 40 balls less suddenly get the punters in

Edited by matt83