BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Will defeat to North End see the end of Mowbray?

Will Mowbray be gone if we lose?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mowbray be gone if we lose?

• Yes
    • No

There's more chance of me being the next Rovers manager than there is Venkys sacking Mowbray before Xmas. I don't even think that's an exaggeration.

Just think for a moment of the implications on the ground at Ewood if Venkys rang up on Monday morning and gave him his marching orders. First off they'd lose the glue that has held it all together - the man they trust - the man who has recruited all the coaching staff, scouts, CEO, signed most of the players - gone in an instant. Nobody else around to pick up that slack. This is why I've been vocal about needing a Director of Football to do all this so the manager can be potted quickly with minimal fallout. Here the entire footballing operation comes crashing down if Mowbray goes.

Nobody at Ewood is going to rock that particular boat. Far to comfy as it is.

Coyle was secure until late February despite atrocious results, permanent occupation of the bottom 3 and rebelling supporters. Even then it took the arrival of Paul Senior to force it through. I don't even believe Pasha has the ability to do anything other than perhaps make the Indians aware there is a bit of a problem.

He's going nowhere unless he decides he doesn't want to do it anymore but not many managers do that.

On the subject of contract extensions @chaddyrovers do you still think Mowbray should be given a new long term deal as you were pushing for throughout last season?

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

There's more chance of me being the next Rovers manager than there is Venkys sacking Mowbray before Xmas. I don't even think that's an exaggeration.

Just think for a moment of the implications on the ground at Ewood if Venkys rang up on Monday morning and gave him his marching orders. First off they'd lose the glue that has held it all together - the man they trust - the man who has recruited all the coaching staff, scouts, CEO, signed most of the players - gone in an instant. Nobody else around to pick up that slack. This is why I've been vocal about needing a Director of Football to do all this so the manager can be potted quickly with minimal fallout. Here the entire footballing operation comes crashing down if Mowbray goes.

Nobody at Ewood is going to rock that particular boat. Far to comfy as it is.

Coyle was secure until late February despite atrocious results, permanent occupation of the bottom 3 and rebelling supporters. Even then it took the arrival of Paul Senior to force it through. I don't even believe Pasha has the ability to do anything other than perhaps make the Indians aware there is a bit of a problem.

He's going nowhere unless he decides he doesn't want to do it anymore but not many managers do that.

On the subject of contract extensions @chaddyrovers do you still think Mowbray should be given a new long term deal as you were pushing for throughout last season?

All true. A sad state of affairs that has demoralised me. We are in effect controlled by a manager who happens to be not very good.

Mowbray sized the owners up quickly and knows how to work them to his own end. They don't care so hes left to his own devices. It will end in disaster.

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Coyle was secure until late February despite atrocious results, permanent occupation of the bottom 3 and rebelling supporters. Even then it took the arrival of Paul Senior to force it through. 

Me and you both agree on the sporting director/head coach structure. 

No I dont. His summer recruitment was poor and not the type of signings we need this season. We didnt need to spend 5 mil on another striker when we needed a top class centre defender and experience keeper. Plus 2 full backs. Only 1 of those 4 signings were signed. Massive mistake by Mowbray

I'd take a real hammering with the fans turning on Mowbray if that's what it takes.

A defeat by the odd goal or two wont make a difference.

Slight change in tone in today's LT (think someone had a word with him following yesterday's nonsense) but still, IMO, full of bullsh1t:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers//

• Like 1

I believe the truth is that Mowbray will be the master of his own destiny primarily down to the lack of structure and weakness above him. And the real worry is that he knows that and is working under no pressure. I still think he is a decent person and that might be the one thing that convinces him that he has taken us as far as he can and and he walks. 

I don't think that is likely to happen for some time get though.

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17994290.rovers-need-result-mowbray-contemplates-team-selection/

“I’ll pick the team, as I always do, that I think can do justice. Sometimes that’s a technical team, sometimes it’s an athletic team, or other times a team I feel can do what’s tactically required.”

Why can’t we just play to our own strengths? Football is a simple game, and footballers are simple creatures: put the bladder in their onion bag and keep it out of yours.

I wouldn’t mind if this opposition-specific approach worked but it isn’t!

Just now, arbitro said:

I believe the truth is that Mowbray will be the master of his own destiny primarily down to the lack of structure and weakness above him. And the real worry is that he knows that and is working under no pressure. I still think he is a decent person and that might be the one thing that convinces him that he has taken us as far as he can and and he walks. 

I don't think that is likely to happen for some time get though.

As Lord Acton put it: power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Anyone tell the difference between our ‘technical’, ‘athletic’ or ‘tactical’ team?

?‍♂️

Technical: Armstrong in centre forward

Athletic: Armstrong on the left

Tactical: Armstrong on the right

• Like 7

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Anyone tell the difference between our ‘technical’, ‘athletic’ or ‘tactical’ team?

?‍♂️

He should strive to pick a team that encompasses all three but his signings have curtailed that.

Once again he is digging himself a big hole with his 'I know best' interviews.

• Like 1

I'm not for chasing him up LBR with a pitchfork i said a few weeks ago we'd probably have to bite the bullet this season but changes SHOULD be made in summer, whatever happens this season.

However after seeing how it's going even after the improved first half of the Hudds game the same old things from him and his team surfaced in the 2nd. So the Brum match was the start of 3 game territory for me although i expected the bounce back of some sorts there but it was worse. Second of the 3 today but even a draw or win won't alter my view changes need making in summer, a whooping and well he's one left before his desk is cleared for me.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17994290.rovers-need-result-mowbray-contemplates-team-selection/

“I’ll pick the team, as I always do, that I think can do justice. Sometimes that’s a technical team, sometimes it’s an athletic team, or other times a team I feel can do what’s tactically required.”

Why can’t we just play to our own strengths? Football is a simple game, and footballers are simple creatures: put the bladder in their onion bag and keep it out of yours.

I wouldn’t mind if this opposition-specific approach worked but it isn’t!

I notice the PNE manager saying similar about tactics rather than team according to opposition. His alterations seemed to be counter attack or front foot pressing, nice and straight forward. Meanwhile 10 miles up the road.........

15 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I salute the 4,000+ fans who are going, I suspect a lot of younguns are going to have beers. The nearest I will get is Preston Crown Court for a lovely remand court in the morning. I never want us to lose. I have no faith in Mowbray.

Cheer up, you might get Judge in Chambers and get to the game ?