BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The reputation of the club

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It costs too much to hire someone with a pressure washer ?  ?

When you are paying footballers 5 to 25 grand a week then no Steve it fooking doesn't. 

Inept !

The old Venky paradox. Enough cash to splash 7 million on project signings and contracts to players who don't contribute yet the Ewood operation is starved of investment and can't even manage basic upkeep.

Investment in the facilities and pitch has been pitiful for a club of this size. It's now starting to show.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

ARGGHHH ...this obsession with everything PNE on this board this last f ooking three week  ..PNE do this ... PNE do that ..PNE charge this ..PNE charge that .. f ooking roll on Bahhhhnsley . 

Sorry? 

Did you read the post? No obsession, it’s the example I have, I imagine there will be a plethora of owners/management with pride in their football clubs that don’t let their ground fall into disrepair.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, JHRover said:

The old Venky paradox. Enough cash to splash 7 million on project signings and contracts to players who don't contribute yet the Ewood operation is starved of investment and can't even manage basic upkeep.

Investment in the facilities and pitch has been pitiful for a club of this size. It's now starting to show.

Seems like the club has to pay its own way on the ground in Blackburn whilst everything else upstairs football related is funded from the main sources.

Another odd setup.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

At the last consultation meeting the issue of maintenance came up. Waggott basically said it cost too much to do it too often, and mentioned a multi year plan.

Looks like Waggott is fluent in corporate bollocks speak. What does multi year plan even mean when it comes to ignoring basic maintenance? What a prick.

• Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Seems like you’re the one with a chip on your shoulder about them...

Really Matt ....as every thread I seem to have read in the last  three weeks has a PNE mention  ..I think not...so why have I got a chip on my shoulder .. its the likes of you that keep quoting them ..not me ?   But hey its PNE !

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I’m not quoting anything, I gave an example of a well kept ground.

Fair enough if the shit tip that is Ewood doesn’t bother you.

Never bothered me and a few thousand more  in the early eighties ..? when your getting pi55 splash back from the weeds in the urinals .. but yes ..it would be lovely to see a spick and span ground ..maybe the odd well appointed flowerbed outside as well  ..(only joking Matty )

Edited by HowieFive0

2 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Never bothered me and a few thousand more  in the early eighties ..? when your getting pi55 splash back from the weeds in the urinals .. but yes ..it would be lovely to see a spick and span ground ..maybe the odd well appointed flowerbed outside as well  ..(only joking Matty )

You dont get pi55 splash back at PNE

• Like 2

I work abroad a lot. Got chatting to a guy from Pune in a bar the other night. A very well educated guy. He could only talk about the venkys in glowing terms, how they were an example for Indian business and actually had a surprising knowledge around their various interests.

He had never heard of Rovers. Says a lot

• Like 8

18 hours ago, broadsword said:

Went to the ground today for the first time in ages. And I mean ages. 

When the hell did it get so dirty? It's bloody disgusting

Mentioned many times,piles of shyte outside the gates of the JW stand its appalling.

Will someone please show some concern at the fans forum?

Went to the friendly at Ibrox and that Stadium was spotless with regular 50k crowds in attendance.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

8 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I work abroad a lot. Got chatting to a guy from Pune in a bar the other night. A very well educated guy. He could only talk about the venkys in glowing terms, how they were an example for Indian business and actually had a surprising knowledge around their various interests.

He had never heard of Rovers. Says a lot

It says everything!

Football clubs, like most businesses, need hard work and lots of care and attention on a daily basis.  Chucking money at the club from afar will never work. They obviously have no interest whatsoever. Bring on Vexit.

8 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Ironically, because they followed their dad's blueprint and let the business take care of itself.

Shame they didn't follow that philosophy when it came to Rovers.

On 18/11/2019 at 14:22, Amo said:

Ironically, because they followed their dad's blueprint and let the business take care of itself.

Shame they didn't follow that philosophy when it came to Rovers.

Well at least they followed his blueprint to some extent. Unlike someone else's kids who's motto is "take care of myself and only myself".

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 2