BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (H)

Thoughts everyone:

Line-up expectations/predictions/what would you personally go with?

If we lose is TM gone?

Two 4-2's home an away last season, another high scoring game?

I reckon Nyambe will be made the scapegoat for what happened at deepdale and Bennett will be back in at right back, Evans & Travis in midfield. Who knows with the rest of the side.

A 1-1 draw to keep the fans at bay until the Barnsley game.

• Like 1

• K-Hod pinned this topic

Loose this and mid table mediocracy / play offs are completely of the table and welcome to a relegation dog fight.

So many thoughts about our current plight, we are definitely a better team than our current form / league position suggests. Does this mean with constant tinkering, square pegs round holes means that TM has lost the dressing room ? Surely Benno, Armstrong, Gallacher, Brereton, Graham, Rothwell etc etc, must be getting p*ssed of with being played out of position or not playing at all.   I cant help but feel now might be a good chance to bring in a Houghton or the like, someone who would really galvanise this squad and get the best out of them. 

I said at the start of the season TM would live or die by the calls he made this summer, the biggest being shipping Raya out with no replacement. That to me was a cardinal sin and is really biting us in the ass at present. 

Back to the game, if we turn up for 90 mins we can win this one. Will we ? I don't know.....:)

Canadian / Hilton / Smallwood :)

Nyambe

Bell

Del (c)

Tosin

Travis

Evans

Rothwell

Dack

Downing

Gallacher. 

I was going to say i think the real Rovers will show up in this but actually i think we saw them last week ! So hopefully the more dogged bland version we saw briefly for a few games early season might have a rare outing.

We just need a result i know the pitchforks are out for the manager and rightly so but we need a point or three. Personally i really don't want to hear anymore of his nonsense if we lose again just some plain honesty or nothing at all will suffice.

Rovers  1   Owls   1

13,879      and Waggot applying for his Christmas bonus early courtesy of Wednesday fans hard earned.

Two massive games for the Gaffa, pick up 4 points (or more here) and the fans will be back singing his name.  Lose the next two, and the daggers will be sharpened and back out again.  Sheff Wed is a winnable game, scored 6 goals past them last year with 4 at Ewood Park.  We have been good in 45 minute spurts, but the team needs a performance we have been crying out for all season. Hoping it will happen on Saturday.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Walton

Nyambe Tosin Williams Bell

Evans Travis

Armstrong  Dack  Downing

Gallagher

subs:- Leutwiler, Bennett, Johnson, Graham, Rothwell, Rankin-Costello, Buckley

Why have you dropped Bennett after you was full of praise for him after he hadin your words "marked Gallagher out of the game" last week?

Id go

Walton/Leutwiler

Nyambe Adarabioyo Williams Downing

Travis Johnson

Holtby Dack Rothwell

Gallagher

Subs: Walton/Leutwiler, Bell, Chapman, Rankin Costello, Armstrong, Graham, Evans

Unsure on some. 2 dreadful keepers tp choose who is the least terrible. Makes sense to play Gallagher again. Not keen on Johnson playing but did it to allow Holtby to play further forward. Tempted to include Chapman and play Holtby with Travis.

Owls talk says Wednesday have 220 left in upper tier so waggott may have to open the bottom tier why he didn't he put them in their in the first place. Two lots of stewarding costs etc eating into his Profits from the ridiculous pricing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Owls talk says Wednesday have 220 left in upper tier so waggott may have to open the bottom tier why he didn't he put them in their in the first place. Two lots of stewarding costs etc eating into his Profits from the ridiculous pricing.

It is just classic Venky era Rovers and the dingbats they pay big money to to come up with these dumb ideas.  Scrimp and penny pinch with one hand whilst wasting it with the other.  The end result is usually just pissing more people off, spoiling the atmosphere and showing themselves clueless.

Still get paid the same though.

Edited by tomphil

i expect a dull affair for 60 minutes,we score then concede within 5 minutes,the game peters out and ends in a draw,mowbray states his satisfaction and praises the lads,saying "wednesday are a top side with more experience than us" bennet replaces nyambe but is responsible for the wednesday goal,rothwell does`nt start,he`s got a mysterious knock,holtby is still apparently injured meaning evans starts,travis on bench??smallwood on bench comes on and gets booked,harry chapman also makes a fleeting appearance as he`s looking after mowbrays mercedes

• Like 3

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why have you dropped Bennett after you was full of praise for him after he hadin your words "marked Gallagher out of the game" last week?

Well if you was there at the game it was clear to see plus we played 4-1-4-1 last week with Dack deeper. Bennett was very good as was Evans. I want Travis in my team. Dont know how you can pick Johnson and Rothwell ahead of Downing or Armstrong and Evans(after last week performance) is just bizarre. 

Plus dont understand how you can pick Chapman ahead of Buckley is another favourtism of yours. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Plus dont understand how you can pick Chapman ahead of Buckley is another favourtism of yours. 

Bit unnecessary..  If i posted "I dont understand" every time you showed favouritism i would be on 20k posts by now.

For what its worth, i agree with him.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well if you was there at the game it was clear to see plus we played 4-1-4-1 last week with Dack deeper. Bennett was very good as was Evans. I want Travis in my team. Dont know how you can pick Johnson and Rothwell ahead of Downing or Armstrong and Evans(after last week performance) is just bizarre. 

I dont think Bennett was particularly good, I thought Gallagher was poor as were the other 10 Preston players and he was just easiest to sacrifice early to bring on another forward. Ultimately he lost all control of the midfield anyway and gave away yet another penalty. It doesnt make any sense if you was so full of praise for him last week to then suggest dropping him. Opinions aside, we know that the teachers pet will 100% start and it is just where that is in question.

Downing is in my team but at left back, if we had a competent left back in the absence of Cunningham then I possibly would have put him in midfield ahead of Johnson, as it is, I feel like we need him at left back over calamity Bell. Armstrong is usually ineffective, Rothwell has been given 3 starts in the League, all away from home, all in isolation before immediately being dropped. Why he is given such limited chances after his performances last year is beyond me. Johnson has been poor since he joined, but its a much of a muchness in central midfield, thats the only reason I gave him another chance, not because of anything positive that he has done.

Buckley has looked out of his depth IMO each time that he has featured for the first team. Chapman is a player that along with Rankin-Costello should be closer to the first team. Neither has been given a chance.