BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (H)

Just now, martonrover said:

Hard to see him gaining confidence playing behind our defence!

He's been very poor, unfortunately.

Something a new manager would want to address, but probably won't be able to as the window will have long shut when he arrives.

Wait til Benson upgrades the goalkeeping software in his laptop. He’ll be downloading YouTube videos faster than a Derby player from a breathalyser.

Walton 2.0: Total Reboot

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

And if you can only make the Wednesday game due to work commitments?

That's why I said if he is free.Not defending the club but if Wednesday and Leeds are charging us ridiculous prices can see why the club are doing it to them.The 3 game deal is good offer.

It wasn't even directed at you

• Like 1

7 hours ago, matt83 said:

We had every intention of watching rugby World Cup final then heading off to rovers to make a day of it £39-£48 walk on they can fuck right off. For this fixture I wouldn’t pay that out of principle. Can’t argue with the pricing at ewood. Shit team, playing shit. In a ground that’s 60% empty most weeks.

Hillsborough is always a rip off so might be pay back to their fans but they’ve shafted their home fans in the process.  

4D2DD762-26D2-48C9-8E1F-0BC4B7648B98.png

Well Rovers in all fairness did announce prices for every home game before the season started. Very open and honest with fans

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well Rovers in all fairness did announce prices for every home game before the season started. Very open and honest with fans

That's not the point. They could have said it's £60 or £80 at the start of the season. Open and honest but not right whichever way you dress it up.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

That's why I said if he is free.Not defending the club but if Wednesday and Leeds are charging us ridiculous prices can see why the club are doing it to them.The 3 game deal is good offer.

It wasn't even directed at you

30 minutes ago, Owlsonlineadmin said:

We didn't charge you that though Ian, I'd accept reciprocal pricing but banging 7 quid on top is a bit daft. 

A point which many of us have to keep pointing out on here because it's just become an accepted rumour that Wednesday charged us £40+ last year.

Mr Waggot has gambled you would be top 6 and bring 4000+ and he can squeeze every last coin out of you that he can. He's also doubling the price of under 11 tickets tomorrow in case any little kiddies are wanting to watch the firework display behind the riverside after the match.  

I'm hoping the ghost of Christmas past and co. visit him this year.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nice of them to admit that they are going to rip off our fans and focus purely on punishing away fans in advance, I must say.

As @MCMC1875 suggests, say Rovers state in pre-season that they will charge £100 or £200 for certain games, would that still be commendable in your eyes due to it being honest and announced early? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who gives a shit about honesty and being open. Charging your own fans £40 for a home game is an absolute disgrace. 

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, Hasta said:

A point which many of us have to keep pointing out on here because it's just become an accepted rumour that Wednesday charged us £40+ last year.

Mr Waggot has gambled you would be top 6 and bring 4000+ and he can squeeze every last coin out of you that he can. He's also doubling the price of under 11 tickets tomorrow in case any little kiddies are wanting to watch the firework display behind the riverside after the match.  

I'm hoping the ghost of Christmas past and co. visit him this year.

Sad isn't it. 

Ideally we'd have brought about 1k but cos we've accepted the home prices now we've sold 2.7k, at 25 quid would we have sold many more, doubtful so Waggott will feel justified. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nice of them to admit that they are going to rip off our fans and focus purely on punishing away fans in advance, I must say.

As @MCMC1875 suggests, say Rovers state in pre-season that they will charge £100 or £200 for certain games, would that still be commendable in your eyes due to it being honest and announced early? 

The prices were announced in Late July/early August. Given fans time to save up or plan their games to attend. 

Me and you already had this discussion before off this site

Who is going to save up from Aug for a Sheff Wed game in early November ????

Most likely match by match pick and choosers would straight away earmark that as one they'll swerve.  However i expect the few hundred who will swerve it might be balanced out by those taking up the 3 match offer.  It's all about justification to Waggot whilst maintaining similar takings in regards to home fans and pining the hopes on the extra wedge from the visitors.

He ain't really bothered how the takings come as long as they come and be warned if this works for this one and Leeds there'll be more earmarked for it next season.

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

Who is going to save up from Aug for a Sheff Wed game in early November ????

Most likely match by match pick and choosers would straight away earmark that as one they'll swerve.  However i expect the few hundred who will swerve it might be balanced out by those taking up the 3 match offer.  It's all about justification to Waggot whilst maintaining similar takings in regards to home fans and pining the hopes on the extra wedge from the visitors.

He ain't really bothered how the takings come as long as they come and be warned if this works for this one and Leeds there'll be more earmarked for it next season.

If these two go up there will be no games  next season where this method might work...

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The prices were announced in Late July/early August. Given fans time to save up or plan their games to attend. 

My god man, everybody already told you - we couldn't give a flying fuck up Balaji's asshole how early we were told about being ripped off!!

Sorry but if you're going to reply to a post like that, which asks you a specific question, please don't just swerve the question and the point and repeat something you said earlier which has already been countered! If you don't have an answer, it's best to just not reply (or better yet, consider whether the other person might have a point, and reconsider your position).

I'm not trying to have a go, and I'm aware I can't make you do anything, but please understand that's an infuriating way to have a discussion. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Out of interest, if Rovers decided to make tickets for any games next season £100 but announced as such early in the summer, would this be acceptable?

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Open and honest ok. But totally out of touch with what I suspect the average fan can afford. I don’t want to sound arrogant but £40 is naff all to me and the guys I go to games with but there is a principle here. I wouldn’t pay £5 for a penny chew nor £40+ to watch Rovers in a division 2 game. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tom said:

Struggling to get enthused for this one, you always want a win but I feel a win could end up being detrimental long term as it will set back any potential change by months 

I know what you mean. It's getting to the stage where we need things to get worse before they get better but the owners are so unpredictable I'd rather have points on the board.

Edited by Amo