BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (H)

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest, if Rovers decided to make tickets for any games next season £100 but announced as such early in the summer, would this be acceptable?

My thought as well. Being informed about it early in advance does not make being ripped off any more palatable or acceptable.

I also agree with Matt's point above. £45 might be deemed good value to watch a competitive Rovers side face off against City or Liverpool in the Premier League.

For a humdrum Championship fixture with us struggling in 17th position it's absolutely barking.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest, if Rovers decided to make tickets for any games next season £100 but announced as such early in the summer, would this be acceptable?

Daft question so you aint getting a response to it. 

58 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Open and honest ok. But totally out of touch with what I suspect the average fan can afford. 

Very correct. 

38 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

My thought as well. Being informed about it early in advance does not make being ripped off any more palatable or acceptable.

I also agree with Matt's point above. £45 might be deemed good value to watch a competitive Rovers side face off against City or Liverpool in the Premier League.

For a humdrum Championship fixture with us struggling in 17th position it's absolutely barking.

The pricing of certain games is barking at times. 

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The prices were announced in Late July/early August. Given fans time to save up or plan their games to attend. 

Me and you already had this discussion before off this site

Save up man? Would you save up £1,000 for a weekend in Blackpool next summer?

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It’s a moot point to put to a season ticket holder really.

”It’s acceptable as long as I’m not affected”.

I wonder if Chaddy would be happy for STs to increase to £600 in 2021/22 as long as we are told now so we can start saving?

Waggott has already gone over the sweet spot (sub-£300 STs) and we are now seeing the rotten fruits of that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, matt83 said:

We had every intention of watching rugby World Cup final then heading off to rovers to make a day of it £39-£48 walk on they can fuck right off. For this fixture I wouldn’t pay that out of principle. Can’t argue with the pricing at ewood. Shit team, playing shit. In a ground that’s 60% empty most weeks.

Hillsborough is always a rip off so might be pay back to their fans but they’ve shafted their home fans in the process.  

4D2DD762-26D2-48C9-8E1F-0BC4B7648B98.png

If you book now and collect you won't be charged any extra. 18 75 members get a £15 discount, might be worth joining if you attend frequently. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Nice of them to admit that they are going to rip off our fans and focus purely on punishing away fans in advance, I must say.

As @MCMC1875 suggests, say Rovers state in pre-season that they will charge £100 or £200 for certain games, would that still be commendable in your eyes due to it being honest and announced early? 

As I don't make every game I was unsure on getting a season ticket. The Sheffield Wednesday ticket price announcement made my decision. Today I have still bought tickets for my wife and 2 kids to come along. The price is steep, but was communicated. Incidentally it cost £57 for the 3 extra tickets. Its a one off. The Barnsley would be £36 so a much cheaper option. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

As I don't make every game I was unsure on getting a season ticket. The Sheffield Wednesday ticket price announcement made my decision. Today I have still bought tickets for my wife and 2 kids to come along. The price is steep, but was communicated. Incidentally it cost £57 for the 3 extra tickets. Its a one off. The Barnsley would be £36 so a much cheaper option. 

The price is steep, but it was communicated. What on earth does that mean? It's OK to rip off fans if you tell them beforehand?

Edited by MCMC1875
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

If you want to pay it that's up to you it doesn't justify to anyone else.

For once just hold your hand up and admit it is a daft rip off being sugar coated with something else.  They'd no need to drag regulars into it or try and hold them to ransom to become 1875 members.  All they really needed to do was open up the top tier of the BBE and offer 2 games for 40 quid or something in that area as a one off deal therefore reciprocating what they wanted to charge the visitors in the opposite end and satisfy the rules.

2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Save up man? Would you save up £1,000 for a weekend in Blackpool next summer?

Well maybe you want too or have to but some people. I save up for some away games and some I just paid out of my bank account. 

1 hour ago, AshleyClifford said:

well done Ashley

58 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The price is steep but it was communicated? How does that help?

allowed families and people to chose the games they want to attend and allow some people to save up. Not everyone will but every people is different 

52 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

The price is steep, but it was communicated. What on earth does that mean? It's OK to rip off fans if you tell them beforehand?

Cos people knew the price before the season. And still want to go and support the club. 

you might not want to pay it and if that's the case fair enough but offers to. I bought a couple of tickets for 2 newbies to go to. A friend of the missus wanted to take her daughter to today game. She off of work and the daughter is into Rovers and football. She wasn't bothered the price. I also a couple of people who have bought the 3 game offers as they aren't working those Saturday's when games on. 

Just now, tomphil said:

All they really needed to do was open up the top tier of the BBE and offer 2 games for 40 quid or something in that area as a one off deal therefore reciprocating what they wanted to charge the visitors in the opposite end and satisfy the rules.

haven't they done this by offering 3 games for 45 pounds which in my opinion is good value for money. 

Anyone want to sugarcoat doubling the under 11s prices for the kid-friendly firework display?

I suppose back in July those parents should have guessed they might have a firework display and start saving.

Is there any reason as to why under 11 prices cannot be held regardless of category?

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Seat in the JW for £48 today if you don't have the luxury of deciding days or hours in advance whether to go.

Most expensive away ticket in the Premier League at any time £30. 

A Liverpool fan and you fancy sitting in the Kop to watch the European Champions play Man Utd, City etc? 
£42.

Im afraid this club has taken leave of its senses.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

£48 if you wanted to turn up today and sit in the Jack Walker, that is utterly, utterly ridiculous for a club like us.

The fact a few folk are trying to justify it because you ‘can just save up’ or ‘it’s fine because Sheff Wed charged us £36 last season’ is just as bonkers (though not when you see who it is).

This is exactly why Waggott gets accused of milking fans.

No attempt to increase crowds but simply increasing prices.

Between him and Mowbray we are a million miles away from where we need to be. With Venkys millions backing us we should be far more about getting fans back and filling Ewood as much as possible.

If the owners were a struggling fan group or local owners having to cut their cloth it would be a different discussion. However, even they wouldn’t make this a £40 - £48 fixture.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well maybe you want too or have to but some people. I save up for some away games and some I just paid out of my bank account. 

well done Ashley

allowed families and people to chose the games they want to attend and allow some people to save up. Not everyone will but every people is different 

Cos people knew the price before the season. And still want to go and support the club. 

you might not want to pay it and if that's the case fair enough but offers to. I bought a couple of tickets for 2 newbies to go to. A friend of the missus wanted to take her daughter to today game. She off of work and the daughter is into Rovers and football. She wasn't bothered the price. I also a couple of people who have bought the 3 game offers as they aren't working those Saturday's when games on. 

haven't they done this by offering 3 games for 45 pounds which in my opinion is good value for money. 

The pricing for this game alone is disgraceful. See the posts above about all Prem away games £30. Liverpool at home £42.

This pricing has been a massive own goal from a club whose standing in the community is near rock bottom and has been for nearly a decade. They should be bending over backwards to get bums on seats not playing a petty game of you shafted us so we’ll shaft you with Sheffield bloody Wednesday. 

As usual the only ones who lose are BOTH sets of supporters.

A a side note the pricing is all out of kilter as it is. Apparently the one course jacks kitchen tickets are £50 but to walk on in jw it’s £48. So if anyone prepared to pay that might as well do hospitality for an extra £2 and a meal. 

• Like 2

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

The pricing for this game alone is disgraceful. See the posts above about all Prem away games £30. Liverpool at home £42.

I have already said the price is wrong. 

I remember paying over 40 pounds for an away ticket at Old Trafford back when Hughes and Allardyce was manager here

Edited by chaddyrovers

Download an app where you can watch it for free and then switch it off after 46 minutes when Tony fucks us up again.

Stand in your kitchen with a bottle of your chosen poison shouting "we want Mowbray OUT We want Mowbray OUT"

Switch the TV back on at 4.50 to see us slip down the table even further. Log back on here and rant about Mowbray's inept managerial abilities in the hope that somebody in Pune is reading.

That's how my day is going to go anyway!!!!

• Like 7