BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (H)

Dragging myself to this game.  Missed plenty so far despite having ST. No enthusiasm for it at all.  The 2 I've sat through,  Millwall and Luton, were boring as hell, despite winning one of them.   I've seen no improvement anywhere on the pitch.  Yet we have  returned to the Bowyer side ways and back approach (respect the point bollocks).  

Fully expect to lose  - with that big lad causing all kind of probs for our defence. 

Fully expect Bennett to be responsible  for one of the goals.

Fully expect Mowbray to make pointless subs.

Fully expect the atmosphere to be shite.  

Fully expect that Mowbray will be here next week. 

I wasn't going to bother with ST this year.  Unless something dramatically changes in the next 9 months, I wont be going next year.  Completely fallen out of love with it, having followed  since the early 80s.  

• Like 8

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Dragging myself to this game.  Missed plenty so far despite having ST. No enthusiasm for it at all.  The 2 I've sat through,  Millwall and Luton, were boring as hell, despite winning one of them.   I've seen no improvement anywhere on the pitch.  Yet we have  returned to the Bowyer side ways and back approach (respect the point bollocks).  

Fully expect to lose  - with that big lad causing all kind of probs for our defence. 

I wasn't going to bother with ST this year.  Unless something dramatically changes in the next 9 months, I wont be going next year.  Completely fallen out of love with it, having followed  since the early 80s.  

We had no money in the 80's but we had no debt either and the football was good.

• Like 6

Just now, K-Hod said:

£45, now £48 for a walk up absolutely beggars belief. In one of the poorest areas in the country to boot. A new low for our club as far as I’m concerned.

The lack of empathy from those defending the price is alarming as well.

Another sign that we have lost the club. This never happened before Venkys.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Yonder12 said:

Terrible team, exposed down the flanks and awful keeper, glad your not picking the team.

I wouldn't be too glad, the guy who is picking the team has put out similar teams before.

I doubt he drops Walton today, but the lad has earned a kick up the ass and it wouldn't surprise me even remotely if the rest of the team is exactly how we line up.

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

£45, now £48 for a walk up absolutely beggars belief. In one of the poorest areas in the country to boot. A new low for our club as far as I’m concerned.

The lack of empathy from those defending the price is alarming as well.

What they don't realise is watching a football team is not like going to the theatre or the pictures,  were you go sporadically. Going to home games is a habit,  once people start giving it a miss it's really hard to get them to come back again. Especially on a wet, miserable Saturday afternoon with Xmas around the corner. £45 will buy you a fair bit of booze.

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What they don't realise is watching a football team is not like going to the theatre or the pictures,  were you go sporadically. Going to home games is a habit,  once people start giving it a miss it's really hard to get them to come back again. Especially on a wet, miserable Saturday afternoon with Xmas around the corner. £45 will buy you a fair bit of booze.

Also unlike the cinemas, there's a chance you'll come out of it with your whole weekend ruined.

When 45 quid is a fair chunk of money for you, the thought of it getting you sheer dismay or rage after sitting in the cold for 90 minutes is pretty galling. Football clubs are lucky this is a passion, and we are essentially addicts, or they wouldn't be able to charge anything like what they do. Value for money relative to other entertainment it ain't.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well, watching Rovers is a bit like going to see Picnic at Hanging Rock...only even less happens!

Unless he swallows his pride and goes back to dack and graham then this will be another defeat. Although to be fair if he does they will need a hat trick each to win the game, with the state of the defence. All issues of which he was aware of but decided not to rectify.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well maybe you want too or have to but some people. I save up for some away games and some I just paid out of my bank account. 

well done Ashley

allowed families and people to chose the games they want to attend and allow some people to save up. Not everyone will but every people is different 

Cos people knew the price before the season. And still want to go and support the club. 

you might not want to pay it and if that's the case fair enough but offers to. I bought a couple of tickets for 2 newbies to go to. A friend of the missus wanted to take her daughter to today game. She off of work and the daughter is into Rovers and football. She wasn't bothered the price. I also a couple of people who have bought the 3 game offers as they aren't working those Saturday's when games on. 

haven't they done this by offering 3 games for 45 pounds which in my opinion is good value for money. 

You've missed the point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

This is exactly why Waggott gets accused of milking fans.

No attempt to increase crowds but simply increasing prices.

Between him and Mowbray we are a million miles away from where we need to be. With Venkys millions backing us we should be far more about getting fans back and filling Ewood as much as possible.

If the owners were a struggling fan group or local owners having to cut their cloth it would be a different discussion. However, even they wouldn’t make this a £40 - £48 fixture.

This is a good point about Venkys now.

Whilst they appear to have decided to back the club again rather than just prop it up we need to be making the most of it and giving it a real push on the football side.  That doesn't seem to be the case with these lot now they seem to want to drag it out.  Sign investment types from the usual providers using up nearly all their transfer budget then stick a plaster over the weak areas of the team.

The CEO or whatever he is only seems to want to fleece the hardcore and away fans whilst spending god knows how much on the corporate side etc. Mowbray is more concerned with jobs for the boys and ipads in the building.  The ground still hasn't had a clean and last time i looked the entrance to Brockhall was looking grubby.

Makes you wonder again who's getting a nice drink out of what !

First thing they should have thought about was boosting crowds on the back of promotion by using some money to subsidize STs to a decent tune. Get the place busy again on matchdays and get a solid team started building from the back. Literally everything else stems fro there, use the backing for the football. fan side of it first and foremost.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

£48 if you wanted to turn up today and sit in the Jack Walker, that is utterly, utterly ridiculous for a club like us.

The fact a few folk are trying to justify it because you ‘can just save up’ or ‘it’s fine because Sheff Wed charged us £36 last season’ is just as bonkers (though not when you see who it is).

About 80% of my take home pay when I lived there.  Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Depressing isn't it.

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I started going when I was 6 back in 1984. Used to love the midweek games with my old man. Proper family feel about the place on a cold winter's night. I have witnessed so many changes in fortune, but this at the moment is all too predictable. The worst thing about it is that I cannot see anybody high up at the club that gives a shit about us, and is willing to do anything about it.

I wish to God somebody with Uncle Jack's passion and money is out there willing to do all it takes to bring a smile back to Ewood.

It's really sad that even if we win our next 2 games 9-0, I wouldn't be happy. I'd still want the manager and his goons gone. I'd want the owners to sell.  I'd want somebody to stand up and bring our identity back.

• Like 1