BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (H)

On 01/11/2019 at 12:34, Leonard Venkhater said:

But for too long Rovers defenders (and fans) have had to experience frequent unforced howlers that leave them feeling completely undermined.

Compare Walton, Raya, Steele and Kean to the likes of Roger Jones, Jim Arnold, Terry Gennoe etc at the same league level. 

Just like the V's choice of managers, our choice of goalkeepers is yet another stark example of dumbing down, make do and mend.

I am just sick of it.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

According to Sharpe

Lancashire Telegraph:

as far as im`e concerned bennett`s left foot is only any use for standing upright,he`s bad enough on the right side,to put him on the left is completely,mentally deranged,if he picked up the ball,threw it at mowbray and insulted his family he`d still get picked

• Like 1

January will be interesting, young lads will be off, they're will be plenty of interest, they can't afford to hang around any longer and continually be over looked for under performing players who keep their places no matter what type of lack luster performances they churn out

What's the point of having a Cat 1 academy might as well close it down and use the money elsewhere

• Like 5

I was meant to be corporate today. I was going to bite the bullet. The good criminal's of Blackburnium however intervened, and I ended up at court working. So far it has meant that I didn't have to sit through the RWC, and might be a blessing this afternoon. Oh and Josh King has scored the winning goal against Man Ure. It makes me weep!

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

With that starting 11 I would rather see us line up like this.

LINEUP111572704245327.png

That looks to have a bit of balance to it which is completely alien to Mowbray there has to be 2 or three in uncomfortable positions every game.

• Like 2

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

basically the same set as last week,no reaction to the second half calamity,the players who commited the mistakes have kept their place while the ones who did nothing wrong have been dropped,if i was rothwells dad,id`e be telling him to get away from the place,he`s never likely to get a run of games

I like Rothwell but he did nothing last week. Holtby and Downing look much more effective than him.

Travis, Downing and Holtby coming back into the side will improve us a lot (I hope anyway).

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I like Rothwell but he did nothing last week. Holtby and Downing look much more effective than him.

Travis, Downing and Holtby coming back into the side will improve us a lot (I hope anyway).

yes but how is he supposed to get into a rythm of playing regularly if he gets 1 game,then dropped,armstrong never does much for my liking but always gets picked,tony`s selection process appears to be skewed towards certain people,he had a public dig at rothwell last year i think

• Like 3

Really struggling with why armstrong is starting every week, such a poor player.

But oh yes, thats why, we  have zero fucking wingers, have we, Tony! Another fuck up by you just like with the back 4. Pissing millions on brereton, armstrong and gallagher. Then again there is a lovely little winger called chapman, but you dont like him do you, id probably hazard a guess as to why, id say he loves to attack, loves to create, but isnt great at tracking back, becuase you need that due to shoehorning in the woefull bennett every week, joker. 

Oh well we can always play all available strikers on the wings, eh Tony.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 5

Just now, RTM08 said:

Does anyone remember the last time (if ever) we actually played a full starting 11 in positions they are actually familiar in under TM?

Its not happened under mowbray, im 99% confident of that.

16 minutes ago, Amo said:

We have no strength in depth at the back. Walton is pap but Leutwiler isn't any better. Bennett is a liability but so is Bell. However, it sends the wrong message when perennial underachievers are kept in the side.

Course it does.  Kills motivation in those on the fringes too and one of my big reasons he has to go.