BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (H)

Well earned win in the end and about time we had a bit of luck.  Got subs right today i think and that was a vital 3 points it might be the only ones we get for a while.

Overall though nothing has changed but lets pray it is a turning point they tend to come when they look least likely.

So, our keeper wins us 2 points? ?

It's fair to say that if Raya had made that 94th minute save the fan boys would be claiming so.

I didn't realise how decent it was until the replay as at first it looked like the guy had just scuffed it across the goal for their big striker to miss. Even more so as Walton has seemingly had a problem with those really low shots.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

Just now, Husky said:

So, our keeper wins us the 2 points? ?

It's fair to say that if Raya had made that 94th minute save the fan boys would be claiming so.

I didn't realise how decent it was until the replay as at first it looked like the guy had just scuffed it accross the goal for their big striker to miss.

Well I wasn't going to mention it but......?

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Feckin unbelievable.

Well done, Mercer, after your aberration about the England Rugby team your prediction about Rovers doing a S. Africa on Wednesday comes true! No doubt, lashings of red tonight.

Edited by Giant
spelling

Just now, arbitro said:

Almost as pleasing as the win was that (at last) we showed some bollocks, rolled our sleeves up and came from behind to win. I thought the performance was decent and we deserved the win but I don't think any Rovers fan would have predicted a win after going behind so late in the game. 

Ultimately we all want Rovers to win football matches and that really is all that matters. We could nitpick about selection, tactics, player errors or whatever but winning overrides all that and Mowbrays failings are being exempted today by me as I enjoy the moment.

First time since April 2018 I think Sharpe said that we'd come from behind to win

What a brilliant end to a game, first half was yet again incredibly boring, felt like watching paint dry, second half we did create a few more chances, not the best performance by a long way but enjoyed finally getting a late win and a sign of some spirit.

Walton again with another huge error leading to a goal, not up to it sadly, a very poor signing. Made a good save at the end to be fair but still, 3 major errors in 4 games is unacceptable.

Bennett absolute crap yet again, must have naked pictures of Mowbray, its the only explanation for his constant selection when he is so consistently poor wherever he is played. Their threat was basically solely coming down his side.

Adarabioyo with a very good display, great header for the goal (although Westwood was at fault with some terrible positioning) but in general he was far more dominant than he has been previously. Nyambe was decent too although as we know, hes not a centre back, and Williams was fine at left back. When Lenihan returns, our back 4 should be Nyambe, Adarabioyo, Lenihan and Williams. No room for the managers favourite.

Travis was decent again, good at what he does, Downing very composed and picks the right passes more often than not but I do feel he needs to stamp his authority on games more in terms of adding a goal threat or chipping in with more assists. 

The formation didnt work because it means Dack is far too deep to be at his best, and he was rather quiet. Holtby was decent, not as good as v Huddersfield but played the pass of the match to Gallagher and has to play every week. Armstrong again flatters to deceive in the main and should have scored.

Gallagher I thought was better than usual, few bits of good hold up, great ball to Armstrong across the goal, and decent enough header in the first half. Doesnt really offer much goal threat though. (apart from last week of course) 

Subs wise, Graham looked a little rusty, he needs regular games to be at his best, but he knows what he is doing and undoubtedly gives us more of a threat than Gallagher. Rothwell made a big impact and nearly scored with a header, and Buckley didnt do much bar of course get a very lucky winner! So a big contribution.

Very reminiscent of beating Newcastle 2-1 with two late goals from Fenton. 

Some good and not so good performances today. Tosin was fabulous I thought, his forward passing is a delight the likes of which I can’t remember ever seeing from a Rovers defender. Nyambe did well also. Travis put in the kind of performance I’d been led to believe Mowbray had coached out of him, and I’m beginning to prefer Dack actually in midfield rather than further up, he gets a lot more involved.

Holtby was anonymous I thought, Bennett was badly out of position for The cross that led to their goal, while Armstrong is just terrible.

Fair play to Walton, I felt he had to come for the deflected cross for their goal - someone should’ve blocked Fletcher’s run - and the save at the death was terrific.

Sort of game I’d still have been buzzing about eating my mum’s hotpot after the long walk up Heys Lane to Tockholes.

• Like 6