BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (H)

1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Very reminiscent of beating Newcastle 2-1 with two late goals from Fenton. 

Some good and not so good performances today. Tosin was fabulous I thought, his forward passing is a delight the likes of which I can’t remember ever seeing from a Rovers defender. Nyambe did well also. Travis put in the kind of performance I’d been led to believe Mowbray had coached out of him, and I’m beginning to prefer Dack actually in midfield rather than further up, he gets a lot more involved.

Holtby was anonymous I thought, Bennett was badly out of position for The cross that led to their goal, while Armstrong is just terrible.

Fair play to Walton, I felt he had to come for the deflected cross for their goal - someone should’ve blocked Fletcher’s run - and the save at the death was terrific.

Sort of game I’d still have been buzzing about eating my mum’s hotpot after the long walk up Heys Lane to Tockholes.

Interesting you thought Holtby was anonymous. He remains one of our most forward thinking players. I’d have said Armstrong was the anonymous one but Mowbray’s favourite player still got another 90 minutes under his belt.

The worst thing about today is that it will change nothing about Mowbray’s approach to our next games. Certainly when Barnsley rock up to Ewood we should actually take the game to them - will we?

Even next weekend, we really should have nothing to fear going to Leeds. No pressure on us, league leaders Leeds expected to win so we should go looking to score rather than not to concede and see what happens.

• Like 2

Just now, davulsukur said:

Looks like Buckley celebrated by giving Graham a back hander.

IMG_20191102_193028.jpg

Absolutely made up for Buckley. He and Adarabioyo are both buzzing on Twitter tonight. Part of a potential youthful side but both will be dropped as soon as is possible.

Too young. Impact subs. Lack of fitness. Not ready. Don’t get the Mowbray way.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Buckley didnt do much bar of course get a very lucky winner!

That's a bit harsh. When you watch it his first touch to get it on his right foot and in space to get a shot away is sublime.

Not felt a goal celebrated like that at Ewood for a while.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 5

Mowbray has a habit of pulling out these unexpected wins when unrest is growing among fans and his job might be under threat.

I don't see this as a turning point and although Saturday night with a win under the belt feels good, normal service will probably return next week

• Like 4

Very good enjoyable win. 

1st half was boring from both teams. Discussion at Half time was about we need a change of manager and who could we get realistically. We started formation 4-1-4-1 with Travis in front of the back 4 with Dack and Holtby in centre mid then on 33 mins Mowbray changed it and went 4-2-3-1 with Armstrong and Holtby wide, Dack in 10 role and Travis and Downing in centre midfield. . 

Second half we played well and deserve to win tbf. Hutchinson in centre midfield marked Dack out of the game second half and stop Dack playing. Tosin header was a good goal by him and Buckley shot wasn't going in but don't shoot don't score. Tosin was excellent today and show how good he really is. 

Players are right behind the manager and show their fighting spirit now. Lets hope we can go on unbeaten run now. 

Walton not fault for the Sheffield Wednesday's goal. Totally and utter unfair to blame him. Our defenders don't react to the deflected cross. Back 4 played well today. Nyambe impressed at centre back. 

very enjoyable night now

• Like 2

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Mowbray has a habit of pulling out these unexpected wins when unrest is growing among fans and his job might be under threat.

I don't see this as a turning point and although Saturday night with a win under the belt feels good, normal service will probably return next week

Yep, I think we all hope this will be a genuine turning point and we can go on the Villa type run that Mowbray has been on about but will it merely prove to be an aberration that keeps him limping along a bit longer?

We'll soon see I guess.

Just now, Stuart said:

Absolutely made up for Buckley. He and Adarabioyo are both buzzing on Twitter tonight. Part of a potential youthful side but both will be dropped as soon as is possible.

Too young. Impact subs. Lack of fitness. Not ready. Don’t get the Mowbray way.

To be fair, whilst that is his general style, I think you're wrong about those two. He clearly rates Buckley, who has come off the bench quite a bit this season (and truthfully hasn't done enough to merit being a regular starter yet). We supposedly paid City about a million as a loan fee for Tosin. He is gonna play when fit, except for when returning from injury with two centre halves in form, like earlier this season. We are also without Lenihan for a while so he is definitely getting a run.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Very good enjoyable win. 

1st half was boring from both teams. Discussion at Half time was about we need a change of manager and who could we get realistically. We started formation 4-1-4-1 with Travis in front of the back 4 with Dack and Holtby in centre mid then on 33 mins Mowbray changed it and went 4-2-3-1 with Armstrong and Holtby wide, Dack in 10 role and Travis and Downing in centre midfield. . 

Second half we played well and deserve to win tbf. Hutchinson in centre midfield marked Dack out of the game second half and stop Dack playing. Tosin header was a good goal by him and Buckley shot wasn't going in but don't shoot don't score. Tosin was excellent today and show how good he really is. 

Players are right behind the manager and show their fighting spirit now. Lets hope we can go on unbeaten run now. 

Walton not fault for the Sheffield Wednesday's goal. Totally and utter unfair to blame him. Our defenders don't react to the deflected cross. Back 4 played well today. Nyambe impressed at centre back. 

very enjoyable night now

I saw players who were right behind each other.

Just now, bluebruce said:

To be fair, whilst that is his general style, I think you're wrong about those two. He clearly rates Buckley, who has come off the bench quite a bit this season (and truthfully hasn't done enough to merit being a regular starter yet). We supposedly paid City about a million as a loan fee for Tosin. He is gonna play when fit, except for when returning from injury with two centre halves in form, like earlier this season. We are also without Lenihan for a while so he is definitely getting a run.

We will see.

Mowbray didn’t want to bring Buckley on today...

41 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Very reminiscent of beating Newcastle 2-1 with two late goals from Fenton. 

Some good and not so good performances today. Tosin was fabulous I thought, his forward passing is a delight the likes of which I can’t remember ever seeing from a Rovers defender. Nyambe did well also. Travis put in the kind of performance I’d been led to believe Mowbray had coached out of him, and I’m beginning to prefer Dack actually in midfield rather than further up, he gets a lot more involved.

Holtby was anonymous I thought, Bennett was badly out of position for The cross that led to their goal, while Armstrong is just terrible.

Fair play to Walton, I felt he had to come for the deflected cross for their goal - someone should’ve blocked Fletcher’s run - and the save at the death was terrific.

Sort of game I’d still have been buzzing about eating my mum’s hotpot after the long walk up Heys Lane to Tockholes.

Said a while back that Dack can play in a midfield 2.  He gets much more involved. He played there for gillingham and used to carry the ball from deep.  He's also a niggly git who can put a tackle in. 

• Like 3

Walton not fault for the Sheffield Wednesday's goal. Totally and utter unfair to blame him. Our defenders don't react to the deflected cross

Come on Chaddy. Of course he's at fault to some degree.

Its not a howler like last week, but when the cross is deflected and he decides to come out of his goal space to go for it he simply has to get it. Otherwise just go near post and cover the goal. t's a bad decision.

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Said a while back that Dack can play in a midfield 2.  He gets much more involved. He played there for gillingham and used to carry the ball from deep.  He's also a niggly git who can put a tackle in. 

I've also thought for a while he could have more input in the game at large from there. He could potentially be our best CM. Problem is it diminishes his goal threat a bit if he's too deep to be making those late runs and linking up off the frontman.

He can definitely get isolated in games as it is though. Easier to keep tabs on via man marking without another player by his side, and if we don't break past the midfield we can't get to him anyway.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

I saw players who were right behind each other.

You really think players would play like that if they werent behind Mowbray. 

Just now, Stuart said:

We will see.

Mowbray didn’t want to bring Buckley on today...

Who was Evans coming on for? 

But at the end of the Day, Buckley came on and scored. Just enjoyed the winning goal

• Like 1

Just now, Hasta said:

Come on Chaddy. Of course he's at fault to some degree.

Its not a howler like last week, but when the cross is deflected and he decides to come out of his goal space to go for it he simply has to get it. Otherwise just go near post and cover the goal. t's a bad decision.

Not for me. Defence should have reacted better. 

• Like 1

You really think players would play like that if they werent behind Mowbray. 

We dug in and won at Old Trafford during Kean's relegation season. Do you think they were all behind the manager?

• Like 5