BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (H)

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You really think players would play like that if they werent behind Mowbray. 

Who was Evans coming on for? 

But at the end of the Day, Buckley came on and scored. Just enjoyed the winning goal

So you are now back defending Mowbray’s set up.

Only took one win. Or maybe just one winning goal.

• Like 3

Not for me. Defence should have reacted better. 

Really? The ball is waist high and Walton is low down with his hands at face height. It's not a reaction movement either as the ball has travelled a fair distance. The other defenders may be to blame as well but that is just poor goalkeeping technique.

image1.JPG

Regardless, we turned it round and it ended up a great day.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

Weird one thought with our second half performance a defeat would’ve been harsh but in the end the win was very fortunous but I’ll take it even if I doubt it leads to a revival. 

I was highly critical of Mowbray after they took the lead as I felt he hadn’t really read the game right we tired and stretched in midfield especially down our right so I suppose I have to give credit for him bringing Buckley on.

Tosin had a very good game and got the club man of the match but the stand out for me was Travis, thought his energy and drive was incredible. Can’t believe he was dropped for the PNE, it really baffles me

• Like 2

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Weird one thought with our second half performance a defeat would’ve been harsh but in the end the win was very fortunous but I’ll take it even if I doubt it leads to a revival. 

I was highly critical of Mowbray after they took the lead as I felt he hadn’t really read the game right we tired and stretched in midfield especially down our right so I suppose I have to give credit for him bringing Buckley on.

Tosin had a very good game and got the club man of the match but the stand out for me was Travis, thought his energy and drive was incredible. Can’t believe he was dropped for the PNE, it really baffles me

Nope. Don’t fall for it.

It was an absolute fluke on Mowbray’s part. You can thank Sheffield Wednesday’s goal for that one.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

Cheers. OK so I take it from that that Evans was warming up until the goal, then was told to sit back down for Buckley? Suggests he rates Buckley as being able to carve out goals for us, whereas Evan's he rates for limiting the opposition. I agree it's unambitious to go for the draw at home, but he obviously rates him in some capacity.

Tbh when they announced the Buckley sub, my dad and I both looked at each other as if to say 'how is that going to change the game?' Thankfully it did.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good enjoyable win. 

1st half was boring from both teams. Discussion at Half time was about we need a change of manager and who could we get realistically. We started formation 4-1-4-1 with Travis in front of the back 4 with Dack and Holtby in centre mid then on 33 mins Mowbray changed it and went 4-2-3-1 with Armstrong and Holtby wide, Dack in 10 role and Travis and Downing in centre midfield. . 

Second half we played well and deserve to win tbf. Hutchinson in centre midfield marked Dack out of the game second half and stop Dack playing. Tosin header was a good goal by him and Buckley shot wasn't going in but don't shoot don't score. Tosin was excellent today and show how good he really is. 

Players are right behind the manager and show their fighting spirit now. Lets hope we can go on unbeaten run now. 

Walton not fault for the Sheffield Wednesday's goal. Totally and utter unfair to blame him. Our defenders don't react to the deflected cross. Back 4 played well today. Nyambe impressed at centre back. 

very enjoyable night now

I agree about the Buckley goal. We've been shot shy from around the box for a long while now. When you have a bang into a crowded goalmouth you can always get lucky.

Maybe Walton could have come out a bit quicker but the rest of the defence was slow to react also.

A win always makes my weekend, especially when the dingles get turned over as well.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

Nope. Don’t fall for it.

It was an absolute fluke on Mowbray’s part. You can thank Sheffield Wednesday’s goal for that one.

Whether it was lucky or not, and whether the goal changed the decision or not, you cant refuse to give him credit for decisions that worked out. It is the same as when he started playing Travis and it was put down by some as if Mowbray had no choice after Smallwoods suspension, but he did and he chose to continue with Travis.

There are things even about today that you can question the manager about, Bennetts continued selection, Mowbrays inability to sign a competent keeper leading to another mistake, and Armstrongs repeated selection being 3 things. But even if it was prompted by the Sheffield Wednesday goal, he then obviously changed his sub to try and force the issue and it paid off. I dont even think Mowbray is the correct man to take us forward either, but if you cant credit him for decisions that have been proved right, then you arent being fair.

You also said that Buckley (and Adarabioyo) will soon be dropped, but Buckley didnt even start so how can he be? I still wouldnt start him, he still looks a bit off, and his goal had an element of fortune, as happy as I was for him.

• Like 4

Just now, bluebruce said:

Cheers. OK so I take it from that that Evans was warming up until the goal, then was told to sit back down for Buckley? Suggests he rates Buckley as being able to carve out goals for us, whereas Evan's he rates for limiting the opposition. I agree it's unambitious to go for the draw at home, but he obviously rates him in some capacity.

Tbh when they announced the Buckley sub, my dad and I both looked at each other as if to say 'how is that going to change the game?' Thankfully it did.

Nope, he was stood next to Mowbray with his training gear gone being given instructions. Wednesday scored and he could not bring on his anchorman.

Buckley was about the only attacking option left on the bench and Tony reached into the tombola for the last ticket in there.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Obviously disappointing that at 0-0 Mowbray was planning to bring on Evans. Suggests he would have been happy with a home draw despite our horrific recent run of form. Unacceptable.

With that said his decision to bring on Buckley instead paid off, so yes, credit to him for that. He's at his best when forced into making decisions either through injury, suspension or other circumstances beyond his control. His achilles heel as a manager has always been his tendency to overthink and it's rare that his forward-thinking planning comes off. He has a better success rate with decisions made at short notice, but obviously that will never get us anywhere long-term. 

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Whether it was lucky or not, and whether the goal changed the decision or not, you cant refuse to give him credit for decisions that worked out. It is the same as when he started playing Travis and it was put down by some as if Mowbray had no choice after Smallwoods suspension, but he did and he chose to continue with Travis.

There are things even about today that you can question the manager about, Bennetts continued selection, Mowbrays inability to sign a competent keeper leading to another mistake, and Armstrongs repeated selection being 3 things. But even if it was prompted by the Sheffield Wednesday goal, he then obviously changed his sub to try and force the issue and it paid off. I dont even think Mowbray is the correct man to take us forward either, but if you cant credit him for decisions that have been proved right, then you arent being fair.

You also said that Buckley (and Adarabioyo) will soon be dropped, but Buckley didnt even start so how can he be? I still wouldnt start him, he still looks a bit off, and his goal had an element of fortune, as happy as I was for him.

If it was a decision he made (to change the game positively) then he should be given credit but it wasn’t. He knew, despite how utterly untouchable he is, he couldn’t bring on Evans at 1-0 down at home.

Just now, DE. said:

Obviously disappointing that at 0-0 Mowbray was planning to bring on Evans. Suggests he would have been happy with a home draw despite our horrific recent run of form. Unacceptable.

With that said his decision to bring on Buckley instead paid off, so yes, credit to him for that. He's at his best when forced into making decisions either through injury, suspension or other circumstances beyond his control. His achilles heel as a manager has always been his tendency to overthink and it's rare that his forward-thinking planning comes off. He has a better success rate with decisions made at short notice, but obviously that will never get us anywhere long-term. 

Brilliant! ? If you are forced it’s no longer your decision.

We really are fucked if that’s Mowbray at his best. Which sadly it is.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray in or out as it stands tonight? Still out for me, as much as I enjoyed tonight.

Would you agree that Dack deeper doesnt work?

Have I post anything that go back what I said last week on Mowbray future? have I? I j just enjoying the win tonight

Sometimes Dack is going to have to do what is best the team and not himself in certain games. 

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So you are now back defending Mowbray’s set up.

Only took one win. Or maybe just one winning goal.

its a great shame that you cant enjoy the win tonight instead of this type of post

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Really? The ball is waist high and Walton is low down with his hands at face height. It's not a reaction movement either as the ball has travelled a fair distance. The other defenders may be to blame as well but that is just poor goalkeeping technique.

image1.JPG

Regardless, we turned it round and it ended up a great day.

Like I said we were slow to react to deflection to the cross. But we won. 

Just now, Stuart said:

If it was a decision he made (to change the game positively) then he should be given credit but it wasn’t. He knew, despite how utterly untouchable he is, he couldn’t bring on Evans at 1-0 down at home.

who was Evans coming on for? 

Just now, Stuart said:

Obviously a goal has an impact on what subs a manager will make though.

Subs that the manager would have hypothetically made in alternative scenarios are irrelevant, he didnt bring on Evans, he changed to Buckley and he got the winner. It was done to change the game positively following the goal.

• Like 1

An incredible win to say the least. A much needed win too with a tough away game next and us getting too close to the bottom three for my liking. We’re now back in mid table territory.

In terms of individual performances, Gallagher is looking much better than he did a couple of games ago; he actually looked a threat when the ball went into the box and he linked play much better than he has done. Tosin was outstanding and deservedly man of the match. Travis and Nyambe also very good.

I’m so pleased we only have Walton on loan, he’s horrendous. Not the answer at all. Holtby and Dack had quiet games but showed glimpses of their quality. 

We desperately need Lenihan back, he’s such an important player for us. 

Have I post anything that go back what I said last week on Mowbray future? have I? I j just enjoying the win tonight

Sometimes Dack is going to have to do what is best the team and not himself in certain games. 

its a great shame that you cant enjoy the win tonight instead of this type of post

Like I said we were slow to react to deflection to the cross. But we won. 

who was Evans coming on for? 

Was a general question, I am enjoying the win too. So you are still of the opinion that Mowbray needs to go?

I dont think Dack playing further back is good for the team either, he doesnt affect games from there.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Was a general question, I am enjoying the win too. So you are still of the opinion that Mowbray needs to go?

I dont think Dack playing further back is good for the team either, he doesnt affect games from there.

Yet again Have I said anything about Mowbray's future or he should stay? Have I? so if I haven't it is fairly simple to think that person hasn't change his mind. Blimey you are very obsess with this. 

I did post before that half time we were discussing potential replacements for Mowbray and where we go next and who wouldn't come? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

17 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Nope. Don’t fall for it.

But surely that's what managers get paid to do! Wednesday scored so he changed his subs. Also Buckley is someone that Tony brought into the team, so credit where its due. 

However on a broader point, I agree with most of what you have said on other threads and he needs to go. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good enjoyable win. 

1st half was boring from both teams. Discussion at Half time was about we need a change of manager and who could we get realistically. We started formation 4-1-4-1 with Travis in front of the back 4 with Dack and Holtby in centre mid then on 33 mins Mowbray changed it and went 4-2-3-1 with Armstrong and Holtby wide, Dack in 10 role and Travis and Downing in centre midfield. . 

Second half we played well and deserve to win tbf. Hutchinson in centre midfield marked Dack out of the game second half and stop Dack playing. Tosin header was a good goal by him and Buckley shot wasn't going in but don't shoot don't score. Tosin was excellent today and show how good he really is. 

Players are right behind the manager and show their fighting spirit now. Lets hope we can go on unbeaten run now. 

Walton not fault for the Sheffield Wednesday's goal. Totally and utter unfair to blame him. Our defenders don't react to the deflected cross. Back 4 played well today. Nyambe impressed at centre back. 

very enjoyable night now

How many times have we tried a new tactic only for it to fail and then revert to 4-2-3-1? It's the formation the squad is made up for, I have no idea why Mowbray insists otherwise. This needs to be a true turning point for the season, Mowbray still very close to the sack for me.

Just now, Commondore said:

How many times have we tried a new tactic only for it to fail and then revert to 4-2-3-1? It's the formation the squad is made up for, I have no idea why Mowbray insists otherwise. This needs to be a true turning point for the season, Mowbray still very close to the sack for me.

To be fair we used 4141 last week and absolutely battered Preston in the first half, I can see why we gave it another go.

Mowbrays bought himself a bit more time with the win but he's gonna have to put a run together.

• Like 2

Been in alligator/crocodile country all day saw the notifications that Wednesday had scored, expected nothing more! Just the chicken was being offered to the highest leaping croc my phone buzzed twice, didnt bother looking as I thought we would have conceded another such is our poor form. Pleasantly surprised when I saw the score a short time ago! Have to be glad with 3 points no matter what.

• Like 2

A very good win given the opposition are a good team. I still don't rate TM, but wins like this mean that I can sleep easier at night thinking that there's the potential to avoid relegation as long as we keep picking up the odd win. Great to see another of our youngsters get the goal too. 

Apparently Walton at fault for the goal - the man is a liability and alongside other core issues has to be one of the first addressed in January. We're getting back to Steele levels of incompetence. Or do we have to play him as part of the loan agreement? 

All in all a pleasing 3 points which shows that whilst we are down we are not out (metaphorically speaking - obviously we aren't relegated!) 

Think you have to enjoy the win. You can criticise Tony when he's wrong which he has been a lot recently. But you've got to give him some credit when he makes changes that lead to a win. First half was poor. Second half was a lot better. Thought he got the defence spot on. Nyambe and Tosin played well and Bennett and Williams were solid enough at fullback. Would have Graham on every week from the start and Holtby is class even if he wasn't quite on it today. Looked a bit disappointed to go off. Anyway, a much needed win.