BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sheffield Wednesday (H)

Just now, 47er said:

Chaddy repositioning himself after a win! Shock!

After that staggeringly bad start to the season against Charlton, people were criticised for wanting the manager out after one game!

It wasn't true of course, the first game was just a repeat of so many before it but its funny how one game we win can immediately change perceptions.

I take the longer view myself. Whatever happened on Saturday, the manager's time is up!

To be fair, I dont think anyone has "repositioned" themselves, indeed people including chaddy have said that they are still of the opinion that we need a change of manager.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, I dont think anyone has "repositioned" themselves, indeed people including chaddy have said that they are still of the opinion that we need a change of manager.

Ha! I think he's drifting! He's got plenty of form, not going to commit yet!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ossydave said:

It's like I've said earlier in the thread. Walton isn't amazing no, but a flawless keeper is a multi million pound one. Even the top clubs in the world have to scour around for one. He's about the level we're at and no worse than Raya. He pulled off a few cracking saves yesterday and ultimately won us the game late on, did you also see his reaction after that save? He clearly cares and is trying his damn best.

Their goal was more the fault of Nyambe I think it was, whoever's at the near post. They should be banging that out for a corner not ball watching. 

Yes he has more less the same level than Raya but right now I see and I think he's very unsure. Hope he can increase whoaver I spect by next campaign we can buy a good enoguh goalkeeper with more experience on league.

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

Ah, I’ve missed this. You foaming at the mouth so much that you are incoherent.

Only took one win for you to get back to doing what you do best.

Nice to see you making friends with roverfan99 though.

Mowbray out!

More bollocks Stuart from you. Its a great shame you cant enjoy a last minute winner. 

Maybe that says more about yourself than the fanbase. 

Always respect and enjoying debating Roversfan99. Never get personal or dig on people. Great credit to the messageboard

6 hours ago, 47er said:

Chaddy repositioning himself after a win! Shock!

Wrong again but just keep posting BS!!!

Where Have I respositioned myself on here? Where the posts? 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Exactly! You cant enjoy a win and praise the manager who got it right subs wise if you want a change of manager.

Clearly you must keep posting.and banging on about it every single day even after a last minute winner. 

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

Ah, I’ve missed this. You foaming at the mouth so much that you are incoherent.

Only took one win for you to get back to doing what you do best.

Nice to see you making friends with roverfan99 though.

Mowbray out!

I'd call repeatedly claiming he "he wanted a draw" despite you having 0 knowledge of what was said on the sideline, whilst refusing to give a jot of credit to a manager who you're the first to discredit, is more "foaming at the mouth" than Chaddy telling you otherwise.

Then again when both sides of the "Mowbray Out" debate are telling you that you are wrong, you are very often wrong.

• Like 2

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'd call repeatedly claiming he "he wanted a draw" despite you having 0 knowledge of what was said on the sideline, whilst refusing to give a jot of credit to a manager who you're the first to discredit, is more "foaming at the mouth" than Chaddy telling you otherwise.

Then again when both sides of the "Mowbray Out" debate are telling you that you are wrong, you are very often wrong.

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

:rolleyes:

Don't worry mate if things follow the normal path a losing streak will not be far away then they'll all be agreeing with you again.  We've seen it all before ..... ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I love how narratives become fact on here. Personally, I saw no evidence whatsoever that Mowbray’s job was on the line any more prior to this game than any other game while he’s been here. So the notions that this result “saved” him, that a tonking would’ve seen him gone, and that we are now condemned to more purgatory are completely illusory.

True enough. Trying to second-guess these people is the root of all madness. Nobody knows the final straw or even what targets the manager is working to. He's spoken about reaching the top six but most of that is smoke and mirrors. 

18 minutes ago, Amo said:

Personally, I saw no evidence whatsoever that Mowbray’s job was on the line any more prior to this game than any other game while he’s been here. 

Yep, no wins in 6 games are nothing unusual for us. Same old narrative really, we're the only club where results don't matter.

28 minutes ago, 47er said:

Yep, no wins in 6 games are nothing unusual for us. Same old narrative really, we're the only club where results don't matter.

It only seems to really matter after a relegation that's the only time there is a real sense of urgency.  I still think they only potted GB because someone had stuck the knife in and wanted to get their own man in place knowing there was sales pending.

Coyle, well god knows what was going on there with the recruitment of him never mind the getting rid, that one stunk.

Something tells me though that they seem happy to plod in the championship.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

It only seems to really matter after a relegation that's the only time there is a real sense of urgency.  I still think they only potted GB because someone had stuck the knife in and wanted to get their own man in place knowing there was sales pending.

Coyle, well god knows what was going on there with the recruitment of him never mind the getting rid, that one stunk.

Something tells me though that they seem happy to plod in the championship.

If they wanted to bob along in mediocrity, they should've kept Bowyer. What was the point making an appointment like Lambert if there were no plans to back him?

One arm saying go for it after friendly advisers saying they have just the man. Then the other arm, the one with the keys to the safe saying no the only way this toy is going is going bust !

Verdict = no backing, continuing sales, Owen Coyle, Wes Brown and Gordon Greer to plug the gaps cheap as chips.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Amo said:

If they wanted to bob along in mediocrity, they should've kept Bowyer. What was the point making an appointment like Lambert if there were no plans to back him?

Since you're asking about what the point of something Venkys did was, I assume this question is rhetorical.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought the manager's time was up 8 months ago but unfortunately our views count for nothing matey. As that's the case I'll just enjoy a relatively rare home win.

Amen to this. I understand one win won’t change anyone’s mind.

At least, wait until after Boxing Day to sack him.  Nobody can work miracles on our defending sans Cunningham & Lenihan; give TM a bit of credit for having the right bodies earlier in the season when we had four clean-sheets out of five. Rovers had only allowed seven goals in the previous eight games when they both went out vs QPR. 

As far as the attack, it’s not great, but we’ve had two goals now in four of our last five. 

The time is not now. Mid-season managerial changes take time, even if you find the right guy, but generally, it’s just a caretaker until “Mr. Right” comes along, anyway.

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Who cares!!! He scored and we won. 

Food from Nandos is class. 

But why cant it be serious? 

Because it was meant to be down to Mowbray’s genius.

And enough with the “we scored and we won” so nothing else matters line. If you’d seen me in the 91st minute you would be under no confusion about how much I enjoyed the goals and result. :) 

P.S. Nando’s is where KFC customers go when they feel like going gourmet.