BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds (A) - Same as last year lads... kind of.

On 05/11/2019 at 14:16, Roverinbelfast said:

Buzzing for this as its my first game I can't attend in almost 6 weeks. 

Have a sneaky feeling we will claim a point or 3. 

Can anyone recommend a bar for away supporters pre game? 

Same 11 as last game please Tony. 

No designated away fans pub but most visitors use the Drysalters on the ring road. 10 min walk to the ground. Visitors are welcome in there and you don't get any trouble if you don't want it. 

Other pubs near the ground (White Hart and Whistlestop) in Beeston are rammed and you don't really get away fans up there although Rovers fans won't have any issues in Leeds. Very low risk game. 

In the City Ctr you can't go wrong. Boozers paradise. 

Fully expect Rovers to put up a decent effort. Leeds aren't hitting the heights of last season yet but are points wise better off. 

Leeds 3-0 Rovers although if they find their shooting boots it could be a cricket score. 

22 hours ago, tomphil said:

Bizarre when you think that place would be almost full every week at more affordable prices.

Are you talking home fans ?? 

Apart from 3 games it's been sold out every game since Bielsa took charge for home fans and is again on Saturday. Its only when visitors come on a tandom and couple of skateboards that the attendance drops slightly. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

‘Fully expect a decent Rovers effort’, ‘Leeds not hitting the heights’... but we’ll lose at least 3-0? Possible cricket score?

Got to do better than this Nobber...

I do expect a decent effort. Boxing Day was a fantastic effort but Rovers succumbed to a very strong team who were flying back then. 

If Rovers aren't at it at the back and Leeds have more composure/luck in front of goal it could be a nightmare. 

Just now, Brigger68 said:

Are you talking home fans ?? 

Apart from 3 games it's been sold out every game since Bielsa took charge for home fans and is again on Saturday. Its only when visitors come on a tandom and couple of skateboards that the attendance drops slightly. 

They've been getting 38 k ???????

Just now, tomphil said:

They've been getting 38 k ???????

37,000 is the approx capacity or just under. The away section holds 2,500 so anything over 34,500 is a sell out for home fans. They have even started giving away fans only the top tier only to free up more space. Every game is a sell out for home fans. 

2 hours ago, Brigger68 said:

I do expect a decent effort. Boxing Day was a fantastic effort but Rovers succumbed to a very strong team who were flying back then. 

If Rovers aren't at it at the back and Leeds have more composure/luck in front of goal it could be a nightmare. 

That was a last ditch reversal to give you a 3-2 win, and by your own admission you were flying then and aren't now. You have one of the worst home scoring records in the league. We have one of the worst away conceding records, yes, but that was true last season too. Fail to see why, if we do play to our potential, you're convinced it will still be 3-0.

I think you'll win, but I see it being tighter than that. If our lads have anything about them, the late win against Wednesday should give them some belief.

If we aren't at it, that's when you'll win by the kind of margin you suggest.

Not like a Leeds fan to come on waving his dick about regarding crowds ?

Hell fire given the size of the place it's hardly a massive achievement, even though the average attendance was like 21k a few seasons ago, till they started doing half decent ?

• Like 2

Just now, Ossydave said:

Not like a Leeds fan to come on waving his dick about regarding crowds ?

Hell fire given the size of the place it's hardly a massive achievement, even though the average attendance was like 21k a few seasons ago, till they started doing half decent ?

All they can do is fill their ground every week and sell out every away game. Not many do that. 

Grudging respect from me. Their away support is as good as you will get anywhere. 

If both teams play to their full potential would you expect to come away with something ? 

Dunno, luck on the day, but I absolutely wouldn't expect to come away with a 3-0 defeat if that happened.

You're not all that much better than us, you're just a lot more consistent. That makes all the difference in the table, but makes little difference when both teams are hitting their heights.

Edit - in fact, are you a Leeds fan? You keep saying they rather than us or we, but you seem to have a hardon for them at least.

Edited by bluebruce

All they can do is fill their ground every week and sell out every away game. Not many do that. 

Grudging respect from me. Their away support is as good as you will get anywhere. 

As said above not long ago they had whole tiers shut like us and at the end of the day it's a one club City of some 700k so it really is no big deal.

Agree on the away support though.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Brigger68 said:

If both teams play to their full potential would you expect to come away with something ? 

If both teams play to their full potential we could easily grab a draw. We've a top side on paper, but often get let down by managerial cock ups. Leeds aren't Man City.

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

If both teams play to their full potential we could easily grab a draw. We've a top side on paper, but often get let down by managerial cock ups. Leeds aren't Man City.

Do we really? Dack, the injured Cunningham and maybe Holtby aside, I am not sure weve got any top 6 quality players or anywhere near. 

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do we really? Dack, the injured Cunningham and maybe Holtby aside, I am not sure weve got any top 6 quality players or anywhere near. 

For me we do, Alex Neil would have this side on the Top 6. Easily.

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

We really aren’t. The defence is shocking, where have you been for the last few years?

The defence is terrible like its been the whole time Tony's been in charge we have a inconsistent on loan goalkeeper. Several aging players that cant cut it every game now. Dack and Holtby are the stand out players with emerging talent that's yet to blossom. Its gonna be a while until we are challenging at tbe top of this division

Beat Huddersfield and don't fuck up the lead vs Preston and all of a sudden we're sat 10th. This side is capable of WAY more than its achieving. And I personally believe a lot of the decisions at management level are what is holding them back.

Holtby and Dack are stand-out, they get into pretty much every team in the League, and even PL teams at the bottom end would snap our hands off for them. But others are impressive in my opinion. Not because of the goal, but because of his passing against Sheffield Wednesday, I truly believe Tosin is our best defender, better than Lenihan, and I like him immensely. I think Lewis Travis is a great player, I think Adam Armstrong probably has more homework done on him by opposition than most players in this division. Bradley Johnson is a proven midfielder at the top end of this table, and Stewart Downing has been mightily impressive.

I agree right now we're not pushing for promotion, but under a different manager, handling things differently and picking a consistent side, we'd be towards the play-offs easily.

I do think some people tend to over egg how good our squad is.

I do think we have some good players, and as said before I think we're definitely hampered by some poor management, but you only have to look at the defensive options in this squad to know that even the mighty Alex Neil wouldn't have this side in the top 6. 

As for Saturday, maybe we have a spring in our step after finally scoring an injury time winner last weekend, be delighted if we come away with a 1-1.

£40 though is crazy, last time I went to Leeds was on New Years day 2014, think we won 2-1, think the ticket was £36 and only went as it was a chance for a bit of a session with some lads who I hadn't seen for a while.

I can't get my head around anyone paying £40 for a nothing second division match, but each to there own.

• Like 2

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

£40 though is crazy, last time I went to Leeds was on New Years day 2014, think we won 2-1, think the ticket was £36 and only went as it was a chance for a bit of a session with some lads who I hadn't seen for a while.

What a game!

31 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I do think some people tend to over egg how good our squad is.

I do think we have some good players, and as said before I think we're definitely hampered by some poor management, but you only have to look at the defensive options in this squad to know that even the mighty Alex Neil wouldn't have this side in the top 6. 

As for Saturday, maybe we have a spring in our step after finally scoring an injury time winner last weekend, be delighted if we come away with a 1-1.

I can't get my head around anyone paying £40 for a nothing second division match, but each to there own.

Alex Neil is undoubtedly a top Championship manager and a vast improvement on Mowbray but as you say I think people overstate our squad. Goalkeeper is as bad as youll find in the league, defence is bottom half quality, including Tosin who before Saturday hadnt convinced at all regarding his ability to do the bread and butter. Travis is good but not a patch on, if you are doing a direct comparison, Ben Pearson, Johnson has been a liability, Downing is tidy but hardly the threat he was a few years ago, we are struggling for a goalscorer too, we have a few good players but its imbalanced and particularly weak in certain areas.

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Goalkeeper is as bad as you'll find in the league.

Walton isn't the worst goalkeeper in this division, far from. He's made two major mistakes, Raya made that many per week! Let's not be hasty with him, great save at the death vs Sheffield Wednesday.

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Alex Neil is undoubtedly a top Championship manager and a vast improvement on Mowbray but as you say I think people overstate our squad. Goalkeeper is as bad as youll find in the league, defence is bottom half quality, including Tosin who before Saturday hadnt convinced at all regarding his ability to do the bread and butter. Travis is good but not a patch on, if you are doing a direct comparison, Ben Pearson, Johnson has been a liability, Downing is tidy but hardly the threat he was a few years ago, we are struggling for a goalscorer too, we have a few good players but its imbalanced and particularly weak in certain areas.

Or as good as you'll find in the league. It is what is known as average for the league.

• Like 1

Some over egging how bad it is as well i think as it is far from a bad squad it's just bang on average overall, A few bright points, a few low points but most are bog standard.  The key is getting the right blend, weeding of the real weaknesses, playing to the strengths and adding to it because all that can be done to this squad to get it capable of competing in the top 9.

Mid table squad, mid table manager, middle of the road championship club costing minus c10 million overspend every season and a 7 miliion pound substitute at best when he's fit.  That's what they've collectively created so far, problem is we aren't even midtable are we.......

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3