BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds (A) - Same as last year lads... kind of.

Still got to be built on rock solid foundations though so that would mean tossing aside Mowbrays make do and mend keeper / defender philosphy for something a bit better.

The players are out there though it just takes a bit of nous.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Still got to be built on rock solid foundations though so that would mean tossing aside Mowbrays make do and mend keeper / defender philosphy for something a bit better. 

True but I think the poor organisation and concentration levels are as much the manager's fault as the players, if not more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Some over egging how bad it is as well i think as it is far from a bad squad it's just bang on average overall, A few bright points, a few low points but most are bog standard.  The key is getting the right blend, weeding of the real weaknesses, playing to the strengths and adding to it because all that can be done to this squad to get it capable of competing in the top 9.

Mid table squad, mid table manager, middle of the road championship club costing minus c10 million overspend every season and a 7 miliion pound substitute at best when he's fit.  That's what they've collectively created so far, problem is we aren't even midtable are we.......

I do think we have some good players, but with some of our weaknesses and imbalances, most obviously our defence and goalkeeper mean that even a manager like Alex Neil would struggle to get us into the top 6 IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

The players are out there though it just takes a bit of nous.

I read a post of yours earlier that claimed Rovers regularly took 5-8k to Leeds ? 

You sure mate ? 

Also do/did you know Billy B, Tosh L, Andy and Soz from Whittle/Chorley ? 

50 minutes ago, Brigger68 said:

I read a post of yours earlier that claimed Rovers regularly took 5-8k to Leeds ? 

You sure mate ? 

Also do/did you know Billy B, Tosh L, Andy and Soz from Whittle/Chorley ? 

I doubt very much i posted that but i've been there in the dim distant past with 4 or 5k.  

Not sure on the names unless you can put some more meat on the bones ?

Nice to see Darragh Lenihan back in fitness training.
|Here's a quick one though, just based on THIS season alone, their respective performances and the games you've seen of each of them...

Who has been more impressive - Tosin Adarabioyo or Darragh Lenihan?

I think it's tight but personally Tosin's passing has been a joy to watch recently. What do you think? 

Just now, JoeH said:

|Here's a quick one though, just based on THIS season alone, their respective performances and the games you've seen of each of them...

I think it's tight but personally Tosin's passing has been a joy to watch recently. What do you think? 

I dont particularly think that either are that good to be honest, Adarabioyo up until on Saturday to me has appeared rather flimsy, Rodwell was good on the ball but its no good if you cant defend. Thankfully he was far better at actually defending on Saturday, especially aerially. I think we have only kept one clean sheet with him starting and he came off after an hour on that day.

Lenihan is somewhat overrated because hes actually willing to put his head on the line which has made him unique, but we did keep a few clean sheets consecutively with him at the heart of it, and thus I would have to say him. He has always been very rash and theres always a mistake in there though, and although secondary he is crap on the ball bringing it out, although his assist v Millwall was superb.

I definitely think that with Cunningham injured, when Lenihan back our back 4 should be Nyambe, Lenihan, Adarabioyo and Williams, which is still pretty poor, but the best we have until January.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeH said:

Tosin for me.

He brings something different to the team that we've not seen for a while and I now like him complaining to our defense - someone needed to shout at them. Sometimes he does play a risky square ball but that shows his confidence. Can't see him reaching City's first team and in all probability a good season with us will see him signing for a lower premier team. Be good if we could have him for keeps but we aren't at that level (yet?). Looks like a leader to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Have thought that Darragh ‘hoof’ Lenihan is overrated for a while. He’s not a bad player he’s willing to put his head on it and is fairly mobile but he’s not got the potential to play in the premier league as the management have claimed.

personally I really like Tosin, he’ll end up in the prem in a year or two. Tall, mobile, good technically and composed in possession 

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Unpopular opinion maybe but I'd stick with Tosin for now. Let's see what he can do

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Hardly shocking stats are they?

Screenshot_20191107-210233_Twitter.jpg

I keep saying this but I will reiterate, for Walton (and even Raya) it's so hard to judge them at Rovers as "good" or "bad" keepers because neither have ever had anything other than a dreadful makeshift defence in front of them. 

For years we've spent our time either being pinned back or scoring and then sitting back and letting opposition take their time getting as many shots at our goal as possible. Not only does that make the keepers job harder in general but it also can't help their nerves either. 

At the end of the day, until we stop splurging our money on league one standard forwards and instead focus some money on making us concede less then we'll only be going one way in the long term, and that isn't upwards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Hardly shocking stats are they?

Screenshot_20191107-210233_Twitter.jpg

Befits with our league position though tbh. The amount of shots we concede compared to top teams will surely mean he saves some of them.

Find shots to saves ratio's such as the one posted on here last season that had Raya third best in the league and then we can talk.

Stats can be twisted in all ways. I prefer facts in that Walton was dropped for Wigan last season and they decided against bringing him back for this one. They are one of few teams worse than us.

Edited by JacknOry

Lenihan has to play as he can dominate aerial duels. No one else we have can. Maybe Tosin but I'm yet to be convinced. Everyone else is weak in the air.

As others have said I'd move Williams to left back and pair Tosin and Lenihan. To be honest it's hardly like we've got many options!

On Nyambe Vs Bennett at right back - I think both have significant weaknesses. I wouldn't say there is much between them.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Lenihan has to play as he can dominate aerial duels. No one else we have can. Maybe Tosin but I'm yet to be convinced. Everyone else is weak in the air.

As others have said I'd move Williams to left back and pair Tosin and Lenihan. To be honest it's hardly like we've got many options!

On Nyambe Vs Bennett at right back - I think both have significant weaknesses. I wouldn't say there is much between them.

Bennett has given away two penalties in as many games and is heavily targetted when playing RB or LB. Shouldnt be starting for a while at least. If he did have to start, CM possibly or on the RW/Defensvie winger position.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Bennett has given away two penalties in as many games and is heavily targetted when playing RB or LB. Shouldnt be starting for a while at least. If he did have to start, CM possibly or on the RW/Defensvie winger position.

He shouldnt HAVE to start but I dont think hes any better in midfield. In the centre he should be right down the pecking order, hes not good enough on the ball, and even during a sustained run in League 1 he proved that he cannot offer anything like the attacking threat required to play out wide and justify a place there.

17 hours ago, Brigger68 said:

You sure mate ? 

Never as many as 8k.

From the mid 80s to the mid 90s though we always took somewhere between 3 and 5k.

Remember going in 2002 after we had come back up and hardly anyone went, away followings at Leeds seemed to drop dramatically at that time, and never recovered. (Although nowadays its down to pricing I'd say)

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

It's been like musical chairs at Leeds down the years.  The old end behind the goal which if i recall right was terrace at the front and seats at the back though maybe wrong.  Remember it being rammed in there a couple of times when Mackay was our manager then we went one year rammed in a small enclosure at the side with some home nutters periodically trying to climb in ?

Then it was the corner i think or poss back behind the goal all seated, then the corner again for years before last time i went it was the opposite side section.  Police and stewards were clowns that day as well crammed in underneath and they would only let fans use one set of stairs whilst the far end had nobody in it. I think that was £34 bought before the day so since then they can shove it, shame because it's one of the better places to visit in terms of that traditional big match feel.

Edited by tomphil

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He shouldnt HAVE to start but I dont think hes any better in midfield. In the centre he should be right down the pecking order, hes not good enough on the ball, and even during a sustained run in League 1 he proved that he cannot offer anything like the attacking threat required to play out wide and justify a place there.

I agree, just saying that if TM has to play him (which many of us would argue he shouldn't), that i would prefer it to be in one of those two positions.