BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds (A) - Same as last year lads... kind of.

Traveling up from Norfolk for this one. Had a bit of a lucky win thanks to Parma U19s on an accumulator a couple of weeks ago, so treated myself to this. Before anybody says anything, yes I'd had a couple of large jars of Stella Artois when I booked the tickets.

Hoping for a win, heart says draw, head says defeat.

3-2 Rovers

Dack, Gallagher, Adarabayio (injury time winner)

COYB

Ps Mowbray OUT

• Like 1

LT favour Mowbray going athletic today.

''Mowbray is yet to name an unchanged starting XI this season is again expected to shuffle his pack''

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18024882.rovers-boss-take-athletic-approach-leeds-united-trip/

Bennett the force behind the huddle. Showing his leadership values and obviously totally spontaneous, ok right I'll try for that.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18024893.huddle-felt-like-right-moment-says-rovers-captain/

Prediction: Leeds 2 Rovers 1

Rovers team imo

Walton

Bennett Nyambe Tosin Williams

Evans

Armstrong Travis Holtby Rothwell

Gallagher

Subs:- Luetwiler Buckley Johnson Downing Graham Dack Bell

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 hours ago, matt83 said:

Bookies have us at 7/1 in a 2 horse race. To be fair could be longer. Another interestingly priced game. If there’s someone who went on Saturday as a jw walk on and is going today they’ll be £87 lighter on 2 tickets. Anything more than £20 in the championship is a rip off. 

In a Mercer inspired moment, I backed Rovers.

So you can all blame me when It goes wrong.

For the record, I think we will lose.

Edited by davulsukur

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers team imo

Walton

Bennett Nyambe Tosin Williams

Evans

Armstrong Travis Holtby Rothwell

Gallagher

Subs:- Luetwiler Buckley Johnson Downing Graham Dack BellInsert other media

Bloody hope not! Dack dropped?

Can't see us getting much today but 13/2 are decent odds so a few quid on us!

We need quick players with a decent first touch on the pitch so an experimental (I'm not TM by the way) starting eleven.

Walton

Nyambe         Tosin       Williams     Downing

Johnson       Travis

Holtby          Dack          Rothwell

Gallagher

Mm, interesting team. Nearly everybody in their best position for once. Downing on the left and Armstrong on the right with Gallagher in the middle makes sense. If he's going to score goals he's got to get in the box much more. We'll either football them to death or get over run.

Looking at our pair of full backs the thought crossed my mind that when we once played at this level before we had Keith Newton and Billy Wilson there. How times have changed.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

You cannot play at this level or any professional level with 2 full backs who are not up to the standard required.  Why does he do this ?  I just can’t fathom his cack arsed thinking 

I agree but who else is there ? He got unlucky with Cunningham, who was a capable player.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

You cannot play at this level or any professional level with 2 full backs who are not up to the standard required.  Why does he do this ?  I just can’t fathom his cack arsed thinking 

With his failure to invest in defence and the current injuries, there isn't too much choice there. The only option, apart from playing an untested kid there, would be Williams in the middle, so that Nyambe can play RB, then Downing, Bennett or Bell at LB. Which ya know, is what most people would do...all those LB options do suck though.