BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds (A) - Same as last year lads... kind of.

Just now, bluebruce said:

With his failure to invest in defence and the current injuries, there isn't too much choice there. The only option, apart from playing an untested kid there, would be Williams in the middle, so that Nyambe can play RB, then Downing, Bennett or Bell at LB. Which ya know, is what most people would do...all those LB options do suck though.

Or we could change formation but Tony has shown that he doesn’t understand anything other than 442

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Not got much choice though has he, since that's all he buys?

That was my next thought, yeh. Still crazy though to have 3 subs for 2 positions. The only one who could really remotely play another position is Buckley, and not sure I fancy that. One of Evans or Johnson shouldn't be on the bench, in favour of someone like JRC.

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I mean the back 4 really

Fair enough. Although we have tried the 3 at the back with 2 wing backs thing a few times.

Personally I'm a staunch 4 at the back supporter. For me it's the rest of the formation you tinker with.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, interesting team. Nearly everybody in their best position for once. Downing on the left and Armstrong on the right with Gallagher in the middle makes sense. If he's going to score goals he's got to get in the box much more. We'll either football them to death or get over run.

I'll bet you a meat and potato pie that Downing will be in the middle with Trav, Holtby will be on the right and Armstrong will be on the left.

Unchanged side though, nearly fell of my chair when I read that.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Fair enough. Although we have tried the 3 at the back with 2 wing backs thing a few times.

Personally I'm a staunch 4 at the back supporter. For me it's the rest of the formation you tinker with.

But that’s my point really, it’s a good formation if understood. You need 3 defenders who are quick, comfortable on the ball and able to pass..... we’ve had Charlie, Darragh, Del etc and they cannot do this role. That’s why it failed, not because it’s a shit formation. Tony doesn’t understand it

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, interesting team. Nearly everybody in their best position for once. Downing on the left and Armstrong on the right with Gallagher in the middle makes sense. If he's going to score goals he's got to get in the box much more. We'll either football them to death or get over run.

Looking at our pair of full backs the thought crossed my mind that when we once played at this level before we had Keith Newton and Billy Wilson there. How times have changed.

Who has confirmed that it’s Armstrong on the right and Gallagher up top? Normally the other way around.