BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds (A) - Same as last year lads... kind of.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest, do you stand by the claim that the current group of players and a different manager could compete for the top 6?

We needed a couple of defenders and another Striker in the summer.

We got nothing resembling an upgrade in that area.

With 2 new defenders and a good striker we wouldn't be far away, although we might need another keeper now (Walton was good today to be fair)

• Like 2

Just now, Miller11 said:

I fully expect the narrative of the next couple of weeks to be making out that Lenihan and Brereton returning from injury will be an end to all our problems. Of course it won’t be anything of the sort. We will stumble on until January picking up the odd result along the way, and be told there is money to spend. We’ll all be disappointed when it isn’t. We will do well not to be drawn into a relegation battle with a weaker back line than the one which went on that abysmal run last year and a bunch of misfiring forwards. 

We're already in one.

Stoke with a new gaffer and a good win today.

Boro will sack woodgate before too long.

We've lost to Luton at home already.

• Like 4

Just now, Stuart said:

Funny, he was poised to do the exact same thing last week. I don’t really get the idea of bringing on Graham as an impact sub either, while leaving Rothwell kicking his heels.

Interesting too that it was Armstrong to make way for Graham instead of Rothwell. Presumably it helps Tony make the case that Armstrong needs to play.

His set up, tactics and subs are bereft of reason and seem to serve only to keep giving players a relatively even amount of game time.

I think it was more of a case of we needed to get Graham on as he is the best striker we have got, but we can't keep taking Gally off as we paid 5mill for him.

• Like 1

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

At 2-1 down with 20 mins to go Tony brought on Evans for Holtby and Buckey for Gallagher. 

He made us more cautious when we were chasing the game. We didn’t create anything in that last 20 mins either. 

Completely baffling. 

It’s not baffling as such because we know the issue. Our manager is a clueless negative dinosaur. 

• Like 7

Absolute crap, somewhat misleading score doesnt show quite how bad we were, again. You find out about a teams character away from home, we continuously show that we dont have any. Again im sure the manager will blame the referee, but we cant control that, where we can control we are sadly lacking. 50.6% passing rate is embarrassing, couldn't string 2 passes together, no attacking threat, no passion or commitment, bizarre subs.

Looking more and more unanimous that Mowbray needs to go now, but sadly with disinterested and absent owners and his incompetent mate running things, theres no chance of that and we will continue to have to watch shit week in week out.

Armstrong and Gallagher continue to make a mockery of the money Mowbray has blown on 3 awful attackers if you include the currently absent Brereton. Armstrong quite clearly cannot be arsed, Gallagher offers nothing either, but they both play every week.

Dack again quiet although if anyone was going to do something it is always him. Downing bar one good corner was absolutely hapless throughout, his influence has been overstated, even in his good games hes little more than neat and tidy. Holtby a total passenger in the middle, Travis did some decent things but I think this season he has proven that he is a little overrated, even if he is our best central midfielder. 

How do you know that our owners aren't interested? look at the money they spend each season on the club. 

Travis shouldn't be the main stay of our centre midfield at his age. He needs an experience player next to him which I thought Johnson would be. 

Dack doesn't effect these types of games away from home cos he has no room to work in and far too deeper. 

Mowbray should have gone for a proper centre back like Jansson or an other but he didn't. That is costing here big time just like an experience right back 

Just now, davulsukur said:

Not sure Evan's being on the pitch ever, is a good thing.

He's absolutely gash.

I wonder how he would play under Michael O'Neill his international manager. Ive always been impressed with his performances for them

Out of interest, do you stand by the claim that the current group of players and a different manager could compete for the top 6?

Depends on who the manager was who replace Mowbray if he ever sack? 

Just now, Gary C said:

Walton is to inconsistent. Has the making of a good keeper but has made some costly errors

You need to remember he is young keeper. Brighton think he will be premier league class keeper. 

If O'Neil takes Evans in Jan he's an absolute f#### legend in my book. Knowing our lot they'll give him a pay rise to keep him, i'd be hard pressed if it came to a choice of him out or the manager.

Sick of that waste of space stealing a living here when his wages and squad place could be used so much better. Ruthless Mowbray phasing players out my arse he's a drip. He might be trying to phase them out with one hand but gives them a lifeline with the other, Tony two minds.

• Like 2

Subject: Missing a Shot (no not Mowbray's bullet).

So, I'm keeping a tally of our shots throughout the season (which is normally easier than you'd imagine).

Today's game says we had FOUR. The goal - obviously and these 2 posted here (yeah, appalling)....but what about the 4th. Can anyone remember it? Did it really happen?

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

How do you know that our owners aren't interested? look at the money they spend each season on the club. 

How long have you been posting on here and reading about the Loons? They spend money because they don't know what else to do! Tony will spin his season plan, which patently isn't working, because we're not in the bottom three, and Steve runs a tight (shite) ship. They couldn't give a flying shit about the club ffs. If they did they would sack Tony, appoint a proper manager and fund transfers that matter. Strewth!

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

what's one of these? 

someone you want and not someone you didn't want

A bloody manager who knows how to pick a team to win matches, doesn't piss about playing Bennett every week in whatever position on the pitch he wants to play, is ruthless and drops players who don't perform (Armstrong), and plays young and creative players (take your pick). The owners over the last nine years have ground the club, the town and the fan base into the ground. Get real! (Two different uses of the word ground)

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white

Just now, Husky said:

Subject: Missing a Shot (no not Mowbray's bullet).

So, I'm keeping a tally of our shots throughout the season (which is normally easier than you'd imagine).

Today's game says we had FOUR. The goal - obviously and these 2 posted here (yeah, appalling)....but what about the 4th. Can anyone remember it? Did it really happen?

Williams a shot? FFS its miles off and badly hit. Stats take the piss.

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

A bloody manager who knows how to pick a team to win matches, doesn't piss about playing Bennett every week in whatever position on the pitch he wants to play, is ruthless and drops players who don't perform (Armstrong), and plays young and creative players (take your pick). The owners over the last nine years have ground the club, the town and the fan base into the ground. Get real!

I agree on Armstrong.