BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds (A) - Same as last year lads... kind of.

Another narrow defeat which by the sounds of it could have been way worse in the second half but which will no doubt be painted as another hard luck story due to the controversial penalty etc.

Hate to say it but I'm almost at the stage where I think we need a couple of 5-0 gubbings to concentrate the owners' minds. Horrible to have to think that way but it's as plain as day we're only going one way under Mowbray.

Can anyone explain why you would possibly bring Evan's on for Holtby at 2-1 down? It's almost like Mowbray is deliberately thumbing his nose up at the supporters.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i can`t believe nobody in the dressing room has`nt  gone beserk and told him " f**k off tony you`re tactics are s**t"

Perhaps the likes of Johnson and Rothwell have. The former has suddenly fallen way down the pecking order (apparently behind Evans and Buckley nowadays) and the other is lucky to get twenty minutes. Then there's Mulgrew who was very suddenly tossed down the road to Wigan in the final few hours of the transfer window. 

Edited by DE.

Score flatters us and el surprise he's rambling on about officials again as his get out of jail card.

I don't think it was a penalty but Tosin should know better than to put a put anywhere near that prick in the box.

Even stoke slammed Baaaaarnsley today, if we don't hammer a few in against them Tony must surely be potted

• Like 2

Just now, Ossydave said:

Score flatters us and el surprise he's rambling on about officials again as his get out of jail card.

I don't think it was a penalty but Tosin should know better than to put a put anywhere near that prick in the box.

Even stoke slammed Baaaaarnsley today, if we don't hammer a few in against them Tony must surely be potted

Good lad Dave

Didnt bother going, watching or listening to the game, went to work instead. Lost much interest in it, also pisses me off a lot less. Coming home and just looking at the score and thinking "yep all very predictable" and then turning over is far easier than watching it and being constantly pissed off for 105 minutes and then spoiling the rest of the weekend. Wont even bother with highlights. Will keep it that way until hes left.

Some Leeds fan tweeted their keeper had more successful passes than any BRFC player.

A whole new approach needed from summer if not right now.  So much for this passing side, man and his coaches haven't got one clue what suits their players.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hasta said:

We needed a couple of defenders and another Striker in the summer.

We got nothing resembling an upgrade in that area.

With 2 new defenders and a good striker we wouldn't be far away, although we might need another keeper now (Walton was good today to be fair)

Even if you inserted a capable pair of defenders and striker in terms of top 6 standard I still dont think we would have a top 6 standard team. Walton had very little to do in fairness today, Leeds were pretty wasteful I would suggest considering their dominance, but in general he is not up to it IMO. Defensively, you say 2, but none of our defenders are top 6 standard so youd still be short. Midfield, weve made some fairly high profile signings but still treat the ball like a hot potato, our pass rate today was embarassing. Definitely not a top 6 standard midfield.

Basically the summary is I would say Dack perhaps is our only potential player who you could say is top 6 quality. 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do you know that our owners aren't interested? look at the money they spend each season on the club. 

Travis shouldn't be the main stay of our centre midfield at his age. He needs an experience player next to him which I thought Johnson would be. 

Dack doesn't effect these types of games away from home cos he has no room to work in and far too deeper. 

Mowbray should have gone for a proper centre back like Jansson or an other but he didn't. That is costing here big time just like an experience right back 

I wonder how he would play under Michael O'Neill his international manager. Ive always been impressed with his performances for them

Depends on who the manager was who replace Mowbray if he ever sack? 

You need to remember he is young keeper. Brighton think he will be premier league class keeper. 

I dont think theres any chance of Mowbray being sacked sadly for the reasons I gave. They are allowing Mowbrays mate to keep things "ticking over" and he wont sack his mate. Jobs for the boys. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

But also Leeds' penalty - how many of these non-penalties are we going to get punished with before it stops being a 'coincidence' and 'bad luck?' They seem every game now.

Like all of the others, I thought it was a stupid error and a definite penalty.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I dont think theres any chance of Mowbray being sacked sadly for the reasons I gave. They are allowing Mowbrays mate to keep things "ticking over" and he wont sack his mate. Jobs for the boys. 

As it has always been under the Loons, as long as you kowtow to the Indian model you're a rich man. It's appalling. So many have lined their pockets whilst the interests of our club have been ignored.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if you inserted a capable pair of defenders and striker in terms of top 6 standard I still dont think we would have a top 6 standard team. Walton had very little to do in fairness today, Leeds were pretty wasteful I would suggest considering their dominance, but in general he is not up to it IMO. Defensively, you say 2, but none of our defenders are top 6 standard so youd still be short. Midfield, weve made some fairly high profile signings but still treat the ball like a hot potato, our pass rate today was embarassing. Definitely not a top 6 standard midfield.

Basically the summary is I would say Dack perhaps is our only potential player who you could say is top 6 quality. 

I disagree in the fact that I think we would be challenging seriously for top 6.  That is simply based on the number of times we have had 'good halves' against teams who are promotion contenders and the amount of goals we scored last year. To win the league we would need a whole new back four and keeper, but top 6 would have been wide open this year. If we replaced half the back 4, we would hopefully have cut out half the mistakes and that would make a big difference. Sheffield Wednesday are 7th and they were mediocre. You don't need to be great this year, just good.

I think we have a number of Josh Kings in this squad, who under other management and in other teams would look far superior to how they currently appear. Travis and Rothwell to name but two. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

.                           Raya

Nyambe  Bauer  Adarabioyo Cunningham

Rothwell      Travis    Holtby    Downing

Dack

Graham

That’s a top 6 team for me.

Bauer Surprising me by looking a real signing for North End. The loss of Cunningham is unfortunate, the lack of a better centre back and replacing Raya with Walton is negligent. Constantly picking underperformers over good players is infuriating. Playing players out of position is stupid.

• Like 5