BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds (A) - Same as last year lads... kind of.

Just now, Pedro said:

No, Tosin missed the ball and was stood there with his leg out. Really dopey and a daft foul anywhere on the pitch.

Raw kid in a key position, these things are going to happen sadly. The dopey thing is allegedly shelling out a million quid loan fee on someone like that.

I'll say it again the money shelled out on him and Downings contracts etc would've gone a long way to signing Bauer. A proper centre half with sell on potential.

The thinking behind some of the stuff like this is bordering on clueless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

.                           Raya

Nyambe  Bauer  Adarabioyo Cunningham

Rothwell      Travis    Holtby    Downing

Dack

Graham

That’s a top 6 team for me.

Bauer Surprising me by looking a real signing for North End. The loss of Cunningham is unfortunate, the lack of a better centre back and replacing Raya with Walton is negligent. Constantly picking underperformers over good players is infuriating. Playing players out of position is stupid.

Raya isnt better than Walton at all. Raya still making the same mistakes as before at Brentford. 

Holtby isnt a centre mid in the Championship. Adkins on bbc Radio Lancs said the same today. 

If we had a back 4 of 

Byram Adarabioyo Jansson Cunningham

Then that a top 6 back 4. 

Ive mentioned the keeper Ive wanted for ages so wont again. 

I thought the scoreline flattered us and Mowbray is trying to spin a 2-1 loss into some kind of moral victory. Leeds were streets ahead of us all over the pitch. They had pace, purpose and intensity, all of which Mowbrays team massively lack. He is clutching at straws by blaming the referee (who was weak but not the reason we lost) and he should be looking closer to home. Armstrong and Gallagher were our two worst players but the former seems to be a favourite and the latter a waste of space. I couldn't underground his tactics today as we would press and then stand off which happened randomly and time and time again. We allowed Leeds players to travel long distances with the ball too often and their goals came from that type of situation.I

With the international break coming up Mowbray has a big of respite but a huge game against Barnsley up next. I bet when he was spouting his to six bollocks he didn't think Barnsley at home would be a massive, must win game.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I feel the same. I’ve got to a point where I no longer get excited for matches. I’ve tried not to let Rovers losing affect my weekend, since it feels like it’s a forgone conclusion at the moment. I last felt like this under that bellend Coyle, I just kind of switched off from the passion I used to have. 

In League One I started to get that passion back, but it took most of the season for me to actually celebrate a goal like I used to, before the dark times, before the Venky’s. Though I never fully regained that passion, once upon a time, no matter where I were, a Rovers goal would have me jumping up and down and shouting like an idiot. These days I manage a smile and a subdued “yay”, I just feel indifferent again and all the good vibes I have from that excellent league one season have gone. 

My Rovers are ruined, back in the day we’d know that the powers that be would make changes, usually for the better of the club. Now I feel we are damned if we do, damned if we don’t.  They’ll either keep Mowbray in charge or they’ll replace him with some other clown like Coyle. 

I wouldn’t mind if were just rubbish, if we showed some passion. We’ve got half decent players, that just play rubbish.  I just want some blood and thunder, not this. It’s awful to watch and depressing. 

10/10.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Raya isnt better than Walton at all. Raya still making the same mistakes as before at Brentford. 

Holtby isnt a centre mid in the Championship. Adkins on bbc Radio Lancs said the same today. 

If we had a back 4 of 

Byram Adarabioyo Jansson Cunningham

Then that a top 6 back 4. 

Ive mentioned the keeper Ive wanted for ages so wont again. 

Which keeper do you want?

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I feel the same. I’ve got to a point where I no longer get excited for matches. I’ve tried not to let Rovers losing affect my weekend, since it feels like it’s a forgone conclusion at the moment. I last felt like this under that bellend Coyle, I just kind of switched off from the passion I used to have. 

In League One I started to get that passion back, but it took most of the season for me to actually celebrate a goal like I used to, before the dark times, before the Venky’s. Though I never fully regained that passion, once upon a time, no matter where I were, a Rovers goal would have me jumping up and down and shouting like an idiot. These days I manage a smile and a subdued “yay”, I just feel indifferent again and all the good vibes I have from that excellent league one season have gone. 

My Rovers are ruined, back in the day we’d know that the powers that be would make changes, usually for the better of the club. Now I feel we are damned if we do, damned if we don’t.  They’ll either keep Mowbray in charge or they’ll replace him with some other clown like Coyle. 

I wouldn’t mind if were just rubbish, if we showed some passion. We’ve got half decent players, that just play rubbish.  I just want some blood and thunder, not this. It’s awful to watch and depressing. 

I guess around 10,000 Rovers fans feel the same. There you have it in a nutshell.

#FOV150

Edited by MCMC1875

Just now, arbitro said:

I thought the scoreline flattered us and Mowbray is trying to spin a 2-1 loss into some kind of moral victory. Leeds were streets ahead of us all over the pitch. They had pace, purpose and intensity, all of which Mowbrays team massively lack. He is clutching at straws by blaming the referee (who was weak but not the reason we lost) and he should be looking closer to home. Armstrong and Gallagher were our two worst players but the former seems to be a favourite and the latter a waste of space. I couldn't underground his tactics today as we would press and then stand off which happened randomly and time and time again. We allowed Leeds players to travel long distances with the ball too often and their goals came from that type of situation.I

With the international break coming up Mowbray has a big of respite but a huge game against Barnsley up next. I bet when he was spouting his to six bollocks he didn't think Barnsley at home would be a massive, must win game.

The timing of the Barnsley game, right after the international break is exactly why we should bring in a new manager now.

It’s also exactly why we shouldn’t be keeping Mowbray.

It could be a great opportunity for a new man but could also be a great opportunity for Mowbray to claim he has turned things around.

At the same time, Barnsley will be targeting the game against us, under Mowbray, as one of their best chances this season for three points on the road.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

The timing of the Barnsley game, right after the international break is exactly why we should bring in a new manager now.

It’s also exactly why we shouldn’t be keeping Mowbray.

It could be a great opportunity for a new man but could also be a great opportunity for Mowbray to claim he has turned things around.

At the same time, Barnsley will be targeting the game against us, under Mowbray, as one of their best chances this season for three points on the road.

It's called the Stoke effect.

• Like 1

Sounds like we got a battering with the result flattering us and protecting TM. Not good. 

Nor is bringing on Evans (a terrible move) and persisting with Bennett and Armstrong. The latter in particular has 1 in 10 good games but is immune to dropping. 

As for TMs comments - honest man he is not. "Leeds didn't have many shots" is a steaming pile.of BS that statisrically is proved to be a lie. Firstly 15 shots is a fair amount in a game and secondly it is almost 4 times, yes 4 times, more than we had. 

Now I am resigned to having poor managers whilst the clowns are.in charge but I do want an honest one. And BS Tony telling blatant lies to Pune is not it. It's Coyle and Bowyer (towards the end) esque and adds another layer of immorality, corruption and shame to a great club that has had far too much of that dumped on it since the shysters rocked up. Do one Tony, you're a crap manager and showing yourself to be a poor human being too. 

• Like 2

From what I remember of Pantilimon in the Premier League(admittedly a while ago & a higher level)I think Id rather stick with Walton.

If Dack does leave in the January transfer window Im seriously struggling to think of 3 worse teams than us on current form. Defender Del is nearly the only other goal scorer this season(other than Armstrong)-forget about the £11 million combo of Brereton & Gallagher. Add to that we always seem to concede too many goals and it really doesnt look good.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Nail, head. And what a shame that so many of us are in the same boat.

Edited by frosty

I like Tony Mowbray as a decent human being who gave us rovers supporters our pride back during our promotion run from division one but its beginning to look like he has reached the limit of his ability and to take the club further requires a change of management.

• Like 1

One shot on target is embarrassing. Tony needs to go. But he won't sadly. Said it on another thread but Radio Lancs need to do their job and ask some tough questions to Mowbray. Graham Liver and co don't hold back on MPs but the sports team never ever do the same to managers. Sad and smacks of protecting themselves.

IF I thought the money would be sensibly invested in a couple of solid defenders, I'd be prepared to sacrifice Dack. When you need to score 3-4 goals to win a game you're putting tremendous pressure on him to carry the team. Let's face it, he won't be here much longer if he has any ambition.

We haven't scored 3 or 4 all season in the league which is in itself a disgrace and a sackable offence. Can someone also ask that moron of a manager why would you bring on a defensive midfielder who never ever scores when you're one goal down and leave arguably our second best midfield player Rothwell on the bench? That is also a sackable offence. Can Andy Bayes or Scott Reed or Ian Chisnell or Dan Jewell ,or whoever at Radio Lancs, do the job they are paid for and ask our dinosaur of a boss this question because it is baffling and moronic in the extreme?

• Like 1

• Backroom

Just saw Leeds goals again. The penalty was just clumsy from Tosin, but that second goal... absolutely wretched defending. Actually, that's wrong, because it suggests we were trying to defend and just doing it badly. As far as I could tell we actively weren't attempting to defend at all. How can any competent team make it that easy for the opposition inside the box? It's the type of defending you associate with doomed teams and if we're still defending like that nearly three years into Mowbray's reign then alarm bells should be ringing all around Ewood.

Of course, we know they aren't. Just bantz about sunshine holidays. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1