BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds (A) - Same as last year lads... kind of.

Just now, Ossydave said:

Bialkowski is looking best keeper in the league at the moment, outstanding again today, on loan, from Ipswich 

His name popped up a fair bit on the boards this summer, but I seem to remember a few people saying he was inconsistent? Won Ipswich player of the year three seasons in a row though, so...

I will never forgive Mowbray for his actions. 

2 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

We haven't scored 3 or 4 all season in the league which is in itself a disgrace and a sackable offence. Can someone also ask that moron of a manager why would you bring on a defensive midfielder who never ever scores when you're one goal down and leave arguably our second best midfield player Rothwell on the bench? That is also a sackable offence. Can Andy Bayes or Scott Reed or Ian Chisnell or Dan Jewell ,or whoever at Radio Lancs, do the job they are paid for and ask our dinosaur of a boss this question because it is baffling and moronic in the extreme?

Feel your pain brother. My love for the club is fading away little by little with this complete & utter moron in charge. Mowbray is a virus and he needs getting rid of NOW! 

56 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

We haven't scored 3 or 4 all season in the league which is in itself a disgrace and a sackable offence. Can someone also ask that moron of a manager why would you bring on a defensive midfielder who never ever scores when you're one goal down and leave arguably our second best midfield player Rothwell on the bench? That is also a sackable offence. Can Andy Bayes or Scott Reed or Ian Chisnell or Dan Jewell ,or whoever at Radio Lancs, do the job they are paid for and ask our dinosaur of a boss this question because it is baffling and moronic in the extreme?

More than happy to keep TM and lose you.

Just now, Preben said:

More than happy to keep TM and lose you.

Constructive comments. 

On what grounds are you "more than happy." That phrase implies you are very pleased with how TM is doing and he is exceeding expectations.  What's your justification for such a glowing recommendation? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I will never forgive Mowbray for his actions. 

Feel your pain brother. My love for the club is fading away little by little with this complete & utter moron in charge. Mowbray is a virus and he needs getting rid of NOW! 

After the last 8 years, Mowbray is the virus? If this is all it takes for you to start losing your love for the club then I’m not sure where you’ve been since Venky’s arrived.

TM needs to go. We need new ideas. He still doesn’t know his best team and his transfers have not worked out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rossyrover said:

I like Tony Mowbray as a decent human being who gave us rovers supporters our pride back during our promotion run from division one but its beginning to look like he has reached the limit of his ability and to take the club further requires a change of management.

I thought that for a bit but it seems like he's a bit self serviant now

I watched the whole game. Thought we were poor generally, and really Leeds should have absolutely slaughtered us but for poor final passes and shots from them.

Funnily enough one player who did have a decent game, imo, was Bennett.

Leeds have a very competent defence. Managed us very easily except for the goal.

Ultimately gulf between us and Leeds is huge.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya isnt better than Walton at all. Raya still making the same mistakes as before at Brentford. 

Holtby isnt a centre mid in the Championship. Adkins on bbc Radio Lancs said the same today. 

If we had a back 4 of 

Byram Adarabioyo Jansson Cunningham

Then that a top 6 back 4. 

Ive mentioned the keeper Ive wanted for ages so wont again. 

That’s your opinion. In mine Raya is 10 times the keeper Walton is. Raya’s continued mistakes don’t seem to be doing Brentford much harm - I presume he is still making the same top drawer saves he used to as well.

If Holtby isn’t a Championship central midfielder then Bennett and Evans are not North West Counties central midfielders. Personally I think he’d be absolutely fine and more than capable there in a proper 442 instead of this stupid nearly formation Mowbray plays.

Swap Byram and Jansson for any number of players and you’ve got a top 6 back 4, not sure what your point is apart from saying you think they are better than Bennett and Lenihan, which isn’t hard.

Just now, Miller11 said:

That’s your opinion. In mine Raya is 10 times the keeper Walton is. Raya’s continued mistakes don’t seem to be doing Brentford much harm - I presume he is still making the same top drawer saves he used to as well.

If Holtby isn’t a Championship central midfielder then Bennett and Evans are not North West Counties central midfielders. Personally I think he’d be absolutely fine and more than capable there in a proper 442 instead of this stupid nearly formation Mowbray plays.

Swap Byram and Jansson for any number of players and you’ve got a top 6 back 4, not sure what your point is apart from saying you think they are better than Bennett and Lenihan, which isn’t hard.

We have to agree to disagree on Raya. 

Well I'm happy to take Mark Adkins opinion. He waa Rovers great for me. Very underrated player IMO.

On Evans, you watch him play under Michael O'Neill for Northern Ireland he a different player imo.

Stupid nearly formation Mowbray plays? We play 4-2-3-1 mostly. 

How many teams these days play 4-4-2 is very rare..

My point is we should have sign both of them. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We have to agree to disagree on Raya. 

Well I'm happy to take Mark Adkins opinion. He waa Rovers great for me. Very underrated player IMO.

On Evans, you watch him play under Michael O'Neill for Northern Ireland he a different player imo.

Stupid nearly formation Mowbray plays? We play 4-2-3-1 mostly. 

How many teams these days play 4-4-2 is very rare..

My point is we should have sign both of them. 

Yep.

You won’t find a bigger fan of Mark ATKINS than me. Definitely a great player, instrumental in our title win, and under appreciated. So much so I’d always make sure I bother to spell his name correctly. I didn’t hear him claim that a German international wasn’t a Championship level central midfielder on commentary today. What I did hear ATKINS say is that him and Tim Sherwood managed to play in a two in midfield and that it wasn’t rocket science - If one went the other stayed, hinting at the fact he thought the system was needlessly complicated.

On Evans, I see a limited defensive midfielder. Not useless, but not great.

I’ve seen Nyambe play the entire right hand side of the pitch, several false 9s at a time, a back 4 with wing backs “2 and a half strikers”, no strikers, 1 midfielder, a target man on the wing, and all sorts of other over complicated nonsense. You are talking about a man who has named an unchanged lineup once all season.

Burnley play it. Leicester won the league with it. Liverpool don’t, but Adam Armstrong isn’t Mo Salah.

I can name literally hundreds of players I think we should’ve signed. 

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, callumrovers said:

Anyone know a website where you can compare last season to this season after 16 games?

Wikipedia for a particular season is a good place to start. Clock on report for the chosen match.

2018/19

2AA1185B-E056-488D-BD14-EDD20F3F2AE8.thumb.jpeg.b74e1707c4032d87c7f22a6229203d62.jpeg

• Like 1