JoeH

Leeds (A) - Same as last year lads... kind of.

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

If we are playing long balls get DG on.

Also, if we are trying to play it into the striker and play off him then get DG on.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Adkins on.radio Lancs says Bennett done really well against Harrison..

He has. The problem is our midfield that seems to leave gaping holes for their midfielders and even defenders to run into.

Just now, Mercer said:

After last week, anything can happen.

Just stuck £5 on Rovers' win at 30/1.

Off to the local, can't stand any more of this.

Ive just won 70 pounds on horse racing. Winner at Wincation. Give me a copper..

Adkins on.radio Lancs says Bennett done really well against Harrison..

Beer must have been strong in the Leeds hospitality before the game.

Edited by Hasta

Somehow we are still in this. Major surgery required at half time though....

Armstrong off for Rothwell is a given, he looks totally out of it. I also think we could use Bennett's energy in central midfield as they have so much room currently. Not sure what to about right back though.

Stats for the first half make for grim reading. Dominated in every area. Only positives are that they only scored two and we scored with our only shot on goal. 

Just now, OnePhilT said:

He has. The problem is our midfield that seems to leave gaping holes for their midfielders and even defenders to run into.

Adkins has mention several times on Radio Lancs

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

one big worry about venkys giving tony the order of the boot is the fact they are more than capable of appointing someone worse😨

Which is what people said about Coyle in November. That ended well.

Never a pen in a month of Sundays. 

Refs are shocking poor in this league

Did you actually see it or just listen on the radio?

I thought it probably was, either way, Adarabioyo totally bottled it, incredibly flimsy, cowardly, passive defending which sums up our defending as a whole, both today and in general.

We have been absolutely horrendous. On the ball, we have been nothing short of a joke, it has shown the stats on screen at half time and our passing accuracy is 49%. We have had 26.1% possession. No one has had any composure throughout the team.

Literally nobody comes out of that half with any credit, but Armstrong deserves a special mention because he has been particularly terrible. Not only does he do nothing going forward, he quite clearly cant be arsed and never does anything going back, regardless of what Mowbray says about him.

The manager is again to blame, partially for building such a poor squad, no matter what people say this squad is never a top 6 challenging one regardless of manager, although the current manager is doing a great job of making them look worse than they are.

Lets hope these comments look a little premature at full time but dont let the 2-1 scoreline fool you, we have been embarrassing.

Shocking defending for the pen by our left side. Seemed soft but probably a pen as Tosin has to win the ball, didn't, and made contact with Ayling.

2nd goal looked offside by Bamford for me, but a nice goal tbh.

Williams made amends for being wrong side for pen with his goal.

4-5-------------1  formation is not working, we are poor in possession but definding well for the most part (which doesnt ultimately matter if you switch off now and again). Leeds look slow at the back so why not give Rothwell a try and throw Arma up top for 15 mins before bringing Graham on.

My super six prediction was 4-1. And I stand by it.

Could this be Mowbrays last game? 🤞

Sponsor
Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Somehow we are still in this. Major surgery required at half time though....

Armstrong off for Rothwell is a given, he looks totally out of it. I also think we could use Bennett's energy in central midfield as they have so much room currently. Not sure what to about right back though.

One option is Bell for Bennett (!, I know). Del goes into his favoured CB position and Nyambe into his natural position at RB

It’s high time Armstrong was given an extended period on the bench. Rothwell, Butterworth and JRC all better options for Right Wing.

He has been nothing short of woeful 

Never ever a penalty 

Edited by Fraserkirky

Just now, DE. said:

It's a rare 100% conversation rate, as we've only had one shot so far. 

Yeah I saw that as was going to comment before Williams’ goal that a shot would be nice. We don’t exactly pepper opponents goals do we. Still, Mowbray’s teams play beautiful football. Apparently. 

A shocking 49 percent passing accuracy today. More than half of our passes are failing. No wonder our possession is so dismal.

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

One option is Bell for Bennett (!, I know).

Bennett isn't perfect, but he's a damn sight better at defending than Bell. I certainly would be worried if bringing Bell on is in the manger's thinking.

Just now, Gordon Gekko said:

Who’s the co-commentator on the Rovers I-Follow? cracks me up with his comments!

Rovers media guy Warren Lucy

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Bennett isn't perfect, but he's a damn sight better at defending than Bell. I certainly would be worried if bringing Bell on is in the manger's thinking.

Bell's Christmas coming early?