BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds (A) - Same as last year lads... kind of.

Talking to a Leeds mate it looks like Rovers will have the Top tier in the West Stand and Leeds the bottom. Happened against Brentford earlier this season and passed off OK. Pretty sure the concourse will be halved with coppers and stewards. Apparently they only sell to members in this scenario. 

In the LT, an insight in the overthinking from Mowbray that happens before every game. He's talking about number of passes Leeds make in the final third, and how we should pass first time to Armstrong/Gallagher etc. 

God forbid we play to our strengths and not just come up with a new game plan every week depending on who we're playing.

• Like 4

What are people expecting this weekend against high flyers Leeds United? Anyone actually think we will get ANYTHING from this match or are we pissing in the wind? We have a performance in us, somewhere, will it surface this weekend? What a tonic it would be to spring a shock before the international break. Who’s with me?

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Never as many as 8k.

From the mid 80s to the mid 90s though we always took somewhere between 3 and 5k.

Remember going in 2002 after we had come back up and hardly anyone went, away followings at Leeds seemed to drop dramatically at that time, and never recovered. (Although nowadays its down to pricing I'd say)

That is exactly as I remember too..strange how interest just seemed to disappear with this fixture.

6 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Bennett has given away two penalties in as many games and is heavily targetted when playing RB or LB. Shouldnt be starting for a while at least. If he did have to start, CM possibly or on the RW/Defensvie winger position.

I don't know. I watch the games and Bennett does get beaten, but I don't think any more or less than our other full backs do. 

Not saying hes great, but I just dont see him being a weak link per se as all the links are weak.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @roverseas said:

What are people expecting this weekend against high flyers Leeds United? Anyone actually think we will get ANYTHING from this match or are we pissing in the wind? We have a performance in us, somewhere, will it surface this weekend? What a tonic it would be to spring a shock before the international break. Who’s with me?

Championship is such a strange league anythings possible.

We tend to struggle more against direct football. I don't think Bielsa is much like that, so we should be able to compete a bit more. 

I saw something suggesting Travis is out injured? If so that's an absolutely massive problem. Without him we are buggered. If he is in we stand a chance, but not a big one.

TM is long enough in the tooth in football terms to know that the basis of a hard to beat side is a core of players who a) work well with each other, b) work hard for each other and c) play regularly together.

Quite why he persists with the tinkerman approach, dire defensive (or should that be defective) tactics, and a penchant for selecting players who are quite visibly inferior to others left languishing on the bench, is beyond me.

So, if Tinkerman Tone turns out tomorrow, I fully expect the rollercoaster of disappointment to leave Elland Rd empty handed. If he finds the balls to select his best and most committed players from those available, perhaps we might pull off a surprise. For me Rothwell and Holtby have to be prominent in the mix, with our other best of breeds, Dack, Graham, Nyambe and Tosin. If that core plays tomorrow then COYB. We shall see.

tenor.gif?itemid=8352665

• Like 4

20 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Befits with our league position though tbh. The amount of shots we concede compared to top teams will surely mean he saves some of them.

Find shots to saves ratio's such as the one posted on here last season that had Raya third best in the league and then we can talk.

Stats can be twisted in all ways. I prefer facts in that Walton was dropped for Wigan last season and they decided against bringing him back for this one. They are one of few teams worse than us.

I bored now of saying it. I don't think Walton is amazing for one minute, he's no worse than Raya though it's that simple.

• Like 1

Just now, Brigger68 said:

Why ?? 

Leeds pay people's wages at away grounds. Get over yourself. 

Bloody he'll CP Company man, how arrogant is that statement. A chunk of the money you pay goes to the extra security needed because some of your 'fans' can't behave themselves.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

They get around 3,000 tickets at most grounds, so do they buggery pay wages at Championship level.

You need to get your head out of  Leeds’ arse, really beginning to grate, it was bad enough when it was Preston you kept going on about.

Sorry Matty ?

Preston lads really take things with a pinch of salt. 

Leeds lads very similar. 

Calm down fella. 

Very calm cheers, however I’d go on a Leeds forum if I wanted to read post after post about how marvellous they are for getting 30k crowds, they are the only club in one of the UK’s biggest cities.

They ain’t owt special however much the media think so.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Very calm cheers, however I’d go on a Leeds forum if I wanted to read post after post about how marvellous they are for getting 30k crowds, they are the only club in one of the UK’s biggest cities.

They ain’t owt special.

You going tomorrow Matthew ?

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No, won’t pay £40 as I said yesterday.

Sure you came on here saying you were a Preston leaning fan from Bamber Bridge, when in reality you are CP Company re-badged

It has got a bit tedious.

Not sure its CP though, he's even more mouthy and can't resist the hooligan angle.