BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tickets for Rovers vs Swansea Feb 29th

For my 40th birthday present my poor fiancée has agreed to “treat” me to a stay in Manchester and tickets for the home game against Swansea. Can any of the good people of this forum advise me on how much matchday tickets will cost and when they will become available on the website? Where’s the best place to sit in Ewood for a good experience? No sarcastic comments please ? There’s not much information on the official site. We’re planning to stay in Manchester the night before the match and get the train to Blackburn on Saturday. Any advice on what time to get the train so we can get some pints in before the match? And which pubs would have a good atmosphere? All advice gratefully accepted and all being well the attendance figures will get a mighty boost of two from Northern Ireland ? 

I think it's a category B game, so tickets will set you back somewhere between £22/£29 depending where you want to sit.

Think there are two trains an hour to Blackburn from Manchester, one is slightly long winded though that goes through Accrington etc.

Pubs, a few down Livesey branch road, Lord Raglan, White Bull, Brown Cow, Moorgate, Fox and Hounds should see you right for a few pre match pints, Only about a 10/15 minute walk from the Lord Raglan past all the other pubs to Ewood.

14 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

For my 40th birthday present my poor fiancée has agreed to “treat” me to a stay in Manchester and tickets for the home game against Swansea. Can any of the good people of this forum advise me on how much matchday tickets will cost and when they will become available on the website? Where’s the best place to sit in Ewood for a good experience? No sarcastic comments please ? There’s not much information on the official site. We’re planning to stay in Manchester the night before the match and get the train to Blackburn on Saturday. Any advice on what time to get the train so we can get some pints in before the match? And which pubs would have a good atmosphere? All advice gratefully accepted and all being well the attendance figures will get a mighty boost of two from Northern Ireland ? 

First ever home game?

You'll want to sit in the Blackburn End for the best 'atmosphere', not that there's much these days anyway. Shame, it used to be bouncing. Lower tier (can't remember if we even open the upper anymore). Jack Walker end will arguably give you a better view, depending on your preference on that count, as it's side on, but it's like a bloody morgue there. Especially the upper bit where I sometimes sit with my dad, can't speak as much to the lower.

Avoid the Riverside despite the cheapness. Unless you want to time travel. Long time since I sat there so can't speak too much to atmosphere, but there's a good chance a girder will occasionally block your view, and if it doesn't, there's a good chance you'll get pissed on if it rains!

Everyone should experience the Riverside!

Seriously though, 40th birthday present? Splash out and get JW upper tickets as centrally as possible. Your fiancée will definitely appreciate it more than the BBE. Unless she uses the C word a lot and “hates Burnley” with a passion.

• Like 1

Thanks so much guys. It’s my second home game, I was at the FA Cup game against Utd a couple of years ago. We sat behind the goals, is that the Blackburn end? It was a good atmosphere but this time I’d like a better view. We’ll probably go for the JW then.

Stuart, my fiancée does use the c word  (mostly in reference to me ?) but doesn’t understand why I hate Burnley ? 

Renrag I hope you haven’t mercered us already ? 

Just now, The Hypnotic said:

Sounds like the livesey branch road it is then for our pub crawl. Thanks for all the suggestions folks, it’s times like this that you see this message board at its best

?

Easiest way: change at Blackburn for Mill Hill and it's a short walk to the Navigation and then to Livesey Branch Road. Just follow the fans.

1 hour ago, The Hypnotic said:

Thanks so much guys. It’s my second home game, I was at the FA Cup game against Utd a couple of years ago. We sat behind the goals, is that the Blackburn end? It was a good atmosphere but this time I’d like a better view. We’ll probably go for the JW then.

I'd do the Riverside if I was you. Sat in Jack Walker for years, and done a few seasons in the BBE, but my current season ticket in the Riverside is the best I've had. Your view is of all three main stands, and under the lights it can't be beaten for me! Enjoy the game.

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Everyone should experience the Riverside!

Seriously though, 40th birthday present? Splash out and get JW upper tickets as centrally as possible. Your fiancée will definitely appreciate it more than the BBE. Unless she uses the C word a lot and “hates Burnley” with a passion.

If she isn't into football I'd expect her to be more appreciative of at least a modicum of atmosphere than a better view of a game she doesn't care for.

JW is painfully sterile. I wouldn't choose to sit there even if it was cheaper than the BBE. But to each their own.

Eh the whole place is embarrassingly quiet these days anyway.

Edited by bluebruce

46 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

If she isn't into football I'd expect her to be more appreciative of at least a modicum of atmosphere than a better view of a game she doesn't care for.

JW is painfully sterile. I wouldn't choose to sit there even if it was cheaper than the BBE. But to each their own.

Eh the whole place is embarrassingly quiet these days anyway.

It’s not about the stands though really, it’s the clientele who use each.

On a cup match when ticket prices are flatlined there can be a very different atmosphere in the JW with the peasants (like me) choosing to upgrade the view.

I agree with your last sentence though. At least the JW upper would live up to its billing. Imagine going into the BBE and trying to convince someone how lively it is!

Here’s hoping for a bad referee and some poor behaviour from opposition players to liven things up!

• 3 months later...
On 05/11/2019 at 13:47, Mattyblue said:

Blackburn taxis are the cheapest in the western world.

So if it was me, I'd get a taxi from the station straight to the Lord Raglan and work my way down the hill (Livesey Branch Road).

We’ve gone with your suggestion, pub crawl starts at 12 ? Hoping that we get a win this weekend to set us up for more the following Saturday. I can’t wait, I’ve got a good feeling about this game ?

On 06/11/2019 at 05:32, JoeH said:

I'd do the Riverside if I was you. Sat in Jack Walker for years, and done a few seasons in the BBE, but my current season ticket in the Riverside is the best I've had. Your view is of all three main stands, and under the lights it can't be beaten for me! Enjoy the game.

After my pubescense I moved.from.the BBE to the Riverside, the old Riverside.  Effin loved it,  Darwen side of the steps at halfway just below the walkway with a bunch of other Accy nuts.  Fond fond if not somewhat fuzzy memories.  Classic halftime teddy bear toss.  Would love to relive it just once, cept.perhaps the bogs.