BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gareth Ainsworth

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Pardew ???  Might as well get Steve Coppull his gardening leave has been about as long.

Pardew's a good short-term fix. He would also be the polar opposite of Mowbray in terms of personality and tactics. 

27 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

anyone wanting chris hughton should look to the reason why he was sacked at brighton,he  had them playing containing,boring football which did`nt produce goals and let a lot in,sounds like a certain mr tony mowbray imo

He also won them promotion... 

Holloway is finished in management. His last 2 jobs have been very poor and mediocre spells at QPR and Millwall. 

Would be a typical Venkys appointment. Available, cheap, desperate for a return, successful a long time ago. 

We need to be far more imaginative than that.

Not keen at all on the Ainsworth suggestion either. Done well at Wycombe but realistically that's an entirely different situation to that here. Low pressure, low expectations, lower league players and he's been left to get on with it for 7 years. As others have said if we are scouring the lower divisions for successful managers we should consider Coleman, Ferguson or Flynn.

I think the best we can hope for with these morons is someone like Nigel Adkins. They simply don't have the ability to source an unknown or up and coming manager.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

All depends who decide the next manager. 

Adkins would be decent shout. Still Johnson would be our best bet imo

I don't know how you can have that opinion. What is it based on? His record with the u23s is irrelevant.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would go for Damien Johnson as head coach with a good number 2 and appoint a sporting director like Steve Walsh or Tony Henry. 

You, Chaddy, don't own the club.............unfortunately!!

We have these stay-away owners who know nowt about running a football club.

Who in their right mind would want to come to manage Blackburn Rovers with owners like these?

Most other clubs have owners who know how to run a football club and at least show an interest in what is going on. Look at Wolves, Burnley, Palace, Leicester, oh I could go on and on.

Time for Venkys to show an interest or sell to someone who CARES.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

anyone wanting chris hughton should look to the reason why he was sacked at brighton,he  had them playing containing,boring football which did`nt produce goals and let a lot in,sounds like a certain mr tony mowbray imo

Hughton's football gets results. That's all I want. Couldn't care less if we win games and his Brighton side did that.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

His coaching ability, his under 23's record, he would bring through our good youth players. 

What does his u23s record have to do with managing the senior team in the Championship? 

Mowbray has brought through some.of our good youth players. Buckley the most recent. Not sure why that should be a requirement for the manager. By all means use the academy but it is all about results and using the players needed to achieve that.

I don't know anything about his coaching record but being a manager needs more than a good coaching background.

• Like 1

Just now, bazza said:

You, Chaddy, don't own the club.............unfortunately!!

We have these stay-away owners who know nowt about running a football club.

Who in their right mind would want to come to manage Blackburn Rovers with owners like these?

Most other clubs have owners who know how to run a football club and at least show an interest in what is going on. Look at Wolves, Burnley, Palace, Leicester, oh I could go on and on.

Time for Venkys to show an interest or sell to someone who CARES.

Someone got Kean to go and replaced him with  Eric Black. Then Bowyer stepped in for Berg and Appleton. They have history of employing from within, or at least using them as caretakers.

Just hope they don’t throw out the baby with the bath water!

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What does his u23s record have to do with managing the senior team in the Championship? 

Mowbray has brought through some.of our good youth players. Buckley the most recent. Not sure why that should be a requirement for the manager. By all means use the academy but it is all about results and using the players needed to achieve that.

I don't know anything about his coaching record but being a manager needs more than a good coaching background.

well you could have said that about Farke or Wagner before they got jobs in the championship and both clubs got promoted to the Premier League. 

I believe we some bring through our good youth players like Rankin Costello and Butterworth being the next 2 to bring through. 

I fell out of love with Rovers/football when Coyle was our manager but watching the under 23's under Johnson and Dunn kept me believing and having faith in this club that I have supported all my life and I couldn't support any other team in the world. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Hughton's football gets results. That's all I want. Couldn't care less if we win games and his Brighton side did that.

I'll agree up to a point, we need promotion at some point and if we were lucky enough to achieve that it wouldn't particularly matter what the style of football was.

Once you go up however  you need more than that these days imo.

It would be nice to have such problems to worry about I guess.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

And his Norwich side, and his Newcastle side!! 

Think Hughton comes into the Warnock sort of envelope. Decent manager at Championship level, not really up to it for the Premier League.

Would be an upgrade on Mowbray but would probably believe he could still get a bigger job at the moment.

As for Ainsworth, his obvious enthusiasm for the Club is an asset but is no guarantee of success. Dyche had no affinities with Burnley before they made the decision to sign him, as far as I'm aware.

We're just desperate to get this club back on the up again, understandably so we clutch at straws. We need a trusted and proven manager or we need to pull one out of the hat. Venkys won't pay for the former and there is no-one at the club capable of picking the latter. So we go on, week after week, season after season. We really are cursed.

• Like 3