BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley (h) - the Cauldron Of Hate part 2?

59 minutes ago, Blackpool_Rover said:

I haven't been able to get to a game for quite a long time but i'm flying over for this game and PNE. After reading posts on here I'm anticipating wanting to top myself at half time.

It's also the first time in 15 years I'm going to Ewood by train and not car. Where's good for a pre-match pint these days? I feel like I'm gonna need a few before going in.

Brown cow on livesey branch road. Get off the train at Mill Hill.

1 hour ago, MCMC1875 said:

Free tickets for the Barnsley game being dished out in schools apparently.

Great idea. 

We should be targeting schools and kids under 11. 

When I was at primary school(Peel Park Accrington) our Deputy headteacher Mr Henderson used to arrange/organised at least 1 game a season plus tea there and few matches in the indoor centre before. It was some great memories

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Great idea. 

When I was at primary school(Peel Park Accrington) our Deputy headteacher Mr Henderson used to arrange/organised at least 1 game a season plus tea there and few matches in the indoor centre before. It was some great memories

Peel Park - you could have been a Stanley fan!

• Like 1

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Peel Park - you could have been a Stanley fan!

No chance. Blackburn Rovers. Same team as my Dad supported. And I remember the 1st game Dad took me to. I was hook on Rovers from 6/7 years old. I love looking back to the early PL years and some of those great performances. Will never forget

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No chance. Blackburn Rovers. Same team as my Dad supported. And I remember the 1st game Dad took me to. I was hook on Rovers from 6/7 years old. I love looking back to the early PL years and some of those great performances. Will never forget

Peel Park was my mum's old school. Stanley played behind the school.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Great idea. 

What..instead of detention?

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 5

We are playing managerless Barnsley at Ewood.  Even if Barnsley do make an appointment before weekend, let's be honest, there is no time for a new manager to change much.

Barnsley have drawn 4 and lost 2 of their last 6.

At almost evens, this is one helluva chance for Rovers' fans to fill their Christmas stockings.

This is a banker home, the nearest thing you can get to a betting certainty.  Make the most of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Mercer said:

We are playing managerless Barnsley at Ewood.  Even if Barnsley do make an appointment before weekend, let's be honest, there is no time for a new manager to change much.

At almost evens, this is one helluva chance for Rovers' fans to fill their Christmas stockings.

This is a banker home, the nearest thing you can get to a betting certainty.  Make the most of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've lost 4, won 1 and drawn 1 of the last 6.

Points total might be the same but at least Barnsley have managed to get something from 4 of their games, where as we got nothing in 4 of ours.

This is anything but a home banker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I followed my dad's team too. We were living in Bromley, Kent at the time.

My first game was away at Millwall back in '85. I was 7 at the time. Talk about baptism of fire. We won 1-0 and the train ride home was one of the scariest things I can remember as a child.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Just like games at home to Charlton Luton and Huddersfield were all home bankers yeah? No thanks. Can see us losing this one if I’m honest. Think they’ll come and frustrate us and hit us on the counter, when teams do that to us at Ewood that’s when we struggle most. When teams come and attack we tend to come out with a better result. 2-1 Barnsley and nothing much more than a few murmurings from the 8,000 rovers fans in attendance. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Im sure Barnsley fans thought the same when O'Neill was appointed at Stoke. 1 45 mins training session and they win 4-2. 

• Like 2

Well this is a real relegation 6 pointer, no doubts about it. 

Despite losses at home to the other promoted teams I see this being a Rovers win. And heaven help us if it is anything else! 

Barnsley's form is dire, and given we aren't that good ourselves Barnsley won't sit back as they need the 3 points even more than we do, and this is their best chance to get it. Add in that Barnsley's squad is poor, whilst ours has flashes of brilliance in it and it really points to a home win. 

The Graham Dack combo still works, especially against weaker lower league teams of which Barnsley kind of fall into that category. Whether we start with this or not will be pivotal to how comfortable the win is, but i'm pretty sure at some point TM will turn to this. 

IF we don't win - and there is absolutely no excuses why we shouldn't- then TM slips from being a limited/ok manager to a pretty awful one as there is no way we should be losing this whatsoever. 

However TM is just about mediocre, and whilst our squad is about as unbalanced as it can get (that's a reoccurring nightmare under the Vs) it still has more than enough quality to see off Barnsley, with our without the manager's guidance.