BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley (h) - the Cauldron Of Hate part 2?

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

Lose to Barnsley and this may kill off my lad’s passion for Rovers completely.

We must win but if we lose then Mowbray should be gone by 5pm.

So it’ll be a draw. :rolleyes: 

Oh come on Stuart you know as well as I do he will still be here even if we get hammered.  Sorry for your lad though.  Keep his chin up, remind him it is a lifetime of suffering being a Rover, it is character building for him.  If he can make it being a Rovers fan anything else in life is a piece of cake.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Wow.

So it seems we are not confident of beating, at home, the managerless team rooted to the bottom of the Championship with just 9 points (just 1 win and that was on the opening day of the season) from 16 games.

Forgive me but this HAS to be a home banker. 

To go into this match with any doubt about anything other than a victory is an indictment on Mowbray and all the coaching staff.

Fail to win this then Blackburn Rovers might as well shut up shop.

Sorry Stuart but it looks like you will have some consoling to do.  Kiss of death.

• Like 1

Well that's an odd appointment for their manager but regardless you'd expect a bit of a new manager bounce for them so its not a great time to play them, although should on paper be pasting them.

No idea what to expect, as is always the case these days.    

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

and they should be!!!!

For goodness sake, we are talking about the likes of newly promoted Charlton, Luton and Barnsley and struggling Championship teams that roll up at Ewood.  

Strikes me we can't be confident of winning ANY game under the Mowbray regime.  IMO, it's time Mowbray and his motley team of staff got out of town.

How far we have fallen since the halcyon days of Kenny, Souey, Hughes and Big Sam.

There are simply no excuses.

I think our club is a mess from top to bottom and I am just p1ssed off about it.

And you should be.

3 hours ago, Silas said:

Just been chatting to a West Ham supporter, and we noticed our similarities for this weekend:

• Both clubs 5 points off the relegation places
  • Both clubs playing at home
  • Both opponents appointed new managers today
  • Both opponents haven't won a single away league match all season
  • Both home teams have only won 1 of previous 4 H2H

Me and him agreed, there's only one way this is heading.......... and it ain't with us enjoying a celebratory beer teatime Saturday!! 

Barnsley haven't won away?  Well there it is then.  Rovers'll fix it for ya.  Get your money on Barnsley.  There's your licence to print money.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Oh come on Stuart you know as well as I do he will still be here even if we get hammered.  Sorry for your lad though.  Keep his chin up, remind him it is a lifetime of suffering being a Rover, it is character building for him.  If he can make it being a Rovers fan anything else in life is a piece of cake.

Character building for your children?

My eldest saw Rovers win the title in his second season.

Another long-suffering supporter advised me to inform my lad that we had missed out at the death...... and keep the truth from him for 20 years!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

and they should be!!!!

For goodness sake, we are talking about the likes of newly promoted Charlton, Luton and Barnsley and struggling Championship teams that roll up at Ewood.  

Strikes me we can't be confident of winning ANY game under the Mowbray regime.  IMO, it's time Mowbray and his motley team of staff got out of town.

How far we have fallen since the halcyon days of Kenny, Souey, Hughes and Big Sam.

I think our club is a mess from top to bottom and I am just p1ssed off about it.

I haven't woken up on a Saturday morning feeling confident for about 18 months now. It's an absolute joke! Barnsley should be an easy 3 points for any team stating we will be pushing for the play offs. 

Mowbray is certainly living up to the Tombola annology he's lost the plot completely. Doesn't know what tactics, formation or team to play. 

Maybe this will be his final Saturday at Ewood, maybe I might get shit out of a rocking horse!!!

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Well that's an odd appointment for their manager but regardless you'd expect a bit of a new manager bounce for them so its not a great time to play them, although should on paper be pasting them.

No idea what to expect, as is always the case these days.    

It's certainly left field, but every credit for showing a bit of imagination.

No doubt when Mowbray finally does get potted, we will go hunting in Jurassic Park again.

16 hours ago, Mercer said:

Wow.

So it seems we are not confident of beating, at home, the managerless team rooted to the bottom of the Championship with just 9 points (just 1 win and that was on the opening day of the season) from 16 games.

To go into this match with any doubt about anything other than a victory is an indictment on Mowbray and all the coaching staff.

Have you been under a rock for the last few years? There is no such thing as a home banker in this league! Not for us against any other team anyway. This won’t be an easy game. 

17 hours ago, Mercer said:

Wow.

I enjoy the odd tease but these constant wind-ups are getting tiresome.

This Rovers side are entirely capable of losing to Barnsley - and you know it. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Tom said:

Gerhard Struber

Not convinced he’s not a baddy from Die Hard though 

Expect him to come out with something like this at his pre match presser

"I will count (games since a win) to 15, There will not be a 16"

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I enjoy the odd tease but these constant wind-ups are getting tiresome.

This Rovers side are entirely capable of losing to Barnsley - and you know it. 

Mercer is being a wee bit mischievous. 

He's conscious of the problems at the club, and vocal about the manager's failings but still predicts us to spank it most weeks.

It's borderline trolling at this point.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
On 20/11/2019 at 10:05, Mercer said:

and they should be!!!!

Of course they should be, but then how can something be a home banker if you say the bit in bold as well?....

Will Barnsley’s new manager give the club a much needed bounce this weekend?  Or can we give the new coach a rude awakening to life in the Championship?

Hoping to see the like of Lenihan and William back in defense and an attack we have been waiting to see all season. Season starts now, plenty of points on offer.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Read the Barnsley piece

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11865478/championship-fans-rate-their-clubs-2019-20-season-so-far 

No wins in 15 games. If we don't win this, Mowbray has to go. it will just show that we have nothing in us as a team 

Would you rather lose and Mowbray go or win and him stay? 

4 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Would you rather lose and Mowbray go or win and him stay? 

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. He won't get sacked if we lose. This will drag I feel, so hopefully he starts winning. 

If a loss guaranteed him leaving, I would consider it, but the thing is, you just don't know who would replace him.....

2 hours ago, Amo said:

Mercer is being a wee bit mischievous. 

He's conscious of the problems at the club, and vocal about the manager's failings but still predicts us to spank it most weeks.

It's borderline trolling at this point.

He finally gave the game away (if we didn't know already), when he said Fulham was the 'best possible first away game we could ask for'. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Read the Barnsley piece

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11865478/championship-fans-rate-their-clubs-2019-20-season-so-far 

No wins in 15 games. If we don't win this, Mowbray has to go. it will just show that we have nothing in us as a team 

The Brentford one is worth a look.

• Like 1

Barnsley for me recently has been something of a watershed game when i think about it.  What pops in the mind is us winning there in the chaotic 5 manager season with Bowyer in charge and thinking we'll be ok now the players are up for it under this guy.

Then the Coyle game and it dawning we really are doomed but the fans won't let up on this useless twerp now.

Then the home game early on in Mowbrays reign where again alarm bells went because we were awful and i have to say it the tactics were crap that day. Remember thinking its confirmed my fears he isn't the man but still got behind him because he's a decent guy and he didn't chose to have to pick Wes Brown in defence who was stinking.

Now tomorrow, i wonder what i'll remember that for ?   5 - 0 would be nice !

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Read the Barnsley piece

The "heights" of last season? To describe Downing as being "brilliant" is massively overstating what has been a decent season for him, not sure you could say any more. And Gallagher and the phrase "great player" do not belong in the same sentence.

• Like 2