BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley (h) - the Cauldron Of Hate part 2?

1 hour ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

Come On You Rovers!!!

At last a winnable match for our team a lot of people has been very tight and keep moaning about Tony ,well he put us back to this division and and after our first campaig we not just survived and keep on the diviton but we keep far from the danger zone...

Any way not everybody things like me so i really l reallt this match could be the fist one of many showing a better football a football that is not impossible to dowe have shown that before...

I think to press and atack will be thekey if we let they feel comfortable on our ground they can take a point of us...

I say will be a victoryfour or beloved tram 3-0 with two goals from Gallagher ( yes I'm optimistic this weekend) and one more from Armstrong 

#COYBBR 

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#TheMexicanRover

Thanks pal, a ray of sunshine in an otherwise drab sky!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

Come On You Rovers!!!

At last a winnable match for our team a lot of people has been very tight and keep moaning about Tony ,well he put us back to this division and and after our first campaig we not just survived and keep on the diviton but we keep far from the danger zone...

Any way not everybody things like me so i really l reallt this match could be the fist one of many showing a better football a football that is not impossible to dowe have shown that before...

I think to press and atack will be thekey if we let they feel comfortable on our ground they can take a point of us...

I say will be a victoryfour or beloved tram 3-0 with two goals from Gallagher ( yes I'm optimistic this weekend) and one more from Armstrong 

#COYBBR 

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#TheMexicanRover

Unfortunately, for half of last season and most of this, we are showing relegation form. Promotion bounce gave us a decent start and was the only reason we didnt go straight back down. Once teams figured us out, and continuosuly have us sussed this season too, we were always going to struggle. 

TMs comments are bizarre to say the least. He said he keeps Dack playing even when not performing because we need goalscorers on the pitch. Now, while I agree that Dack should start, surely the 15 million he spent on strikers should ensure that we have some goalscorers on the pitch other than him? Lets not even start on 'Defenders are coming'.

I find it amazing that every footballer that we buy has to 'learn how to play football' according to TM. Surely we should be buying some that already know how to play? Many other teams seem to be able to on a fraction of what we spend. German international needs to learn, Reed needed to learn, Rothwell need to learn, Gallagher needs to learn, Brereton needs to learn and the list goes on. Bennett doesnt need to learn though because he talks a lot. 

• Like 2

Respect your point of view but still thinking he is good enough to cgange this and rise the bar again at least enough to finish at the middle of the table again.

Whoaver I'mnot blind either pal and i know of curse part of the problem is him butbonly cause fixtures still passing tru and we haven't a reilable or even a regular 11 selection and changing the natural position of players as well...but come on he's not even the bigest part of the problem let's face it, we have a much more better roster against last seasson and Tony hasn't changed his philosophy of game then? What's going on? Why even with better players we still fragile?

Well pal the answer is easy to me we doesen't have a good enough defense and defently key players are not working good enough (Walton, Gallagher, and even Johnson wich I'm sure will improve again).

To change a gaffer who is happy here os not good not yet at least let's wait andbif it's necesary by the end of the seassonwould be a better option i guess pal.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

To change a gaffer who is happy here os not good not yet at least let's wait andbif it's necesary by the end of the seassonwould be a better option i guess pal.

Maybe the end of the season would be too late, pal. Most of us don't care if TM is happy here - there is little or nothing to be happy about coming out of Ewood Park these days. We have really become a nothing club, with a no-mark manager, instantly forgettable players, and a dwindling connection to the local community that should be the backbone of the club. 

I really appreciate your enthusiasm and chirpy optimism for Blackburn Rovers, but it seems somewhat at odds with the reality on the ground. 

We should crowdfund a visit for you - I'd be more than happy to take you on a pre-match tour of the local pubs so you were suitably anaesthetised before the game ;)

7e7689_0202690f677d4e2cb894d8137fa3baae~

• Like 4

It will be a strange game today, I think we will dominate possession but do nothing with it. All huff and puff for 85 mins and concede from a set piece in injury time and ultimately I think Mowbray will.be sacked. (Wishful thinking)

Struggling to guess his team selection but I can bet there are at least 5 players out of there natural position

I think he will go

Walton GK

Bennett RB (wrong postion) Best BENCH

Lenihan CB (wrong postion) Best CDM

Tosin CB

Downing LB (wrong postion) Best LAM

Travis CM

Johnson CM

Holtby LAM (wrong postion) Best CM/CAM

Dack  CAM

Gallagher RAM (wrong postion) Best ST

Graham ST

Rovers 0 - 1 Barnsley 

Edited by Yonder12
Miss spelling

Nah, I think we will win this one , and thereby flatter to deceive. Anything more than a 2 goal margin and the happy clappers will be talking shite about top 6 potential and going on a run and how Mowbray has turned things around.

Sadly, the delusions will be shown to just that as we bumble around the bottom half of the table for the next 5 months, despite having a squad with so much more potential. 

ROVERS 2 Barrnsley 1 best case

ROVERS 2 Barnsley 1 worst case

ROVERS 2 Barnsley 1 who gives a sh1t

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

Mowbray’s happiness is not relevant if he is not successful.

He has had almost 2 years of Championship football at Rovers...

He failed in the first part-season: he was brought in to keep us up and failed.

He failed to create any momentum last season and we drifted - including the club’s worst ever run of results.

He is failing this season: having assembled his team, which still has players from Lambert’s and Coyle’s time as core players.

He has had more money (net spend) than anyone under Venkys and has wasted it and we are nowhere near where we need to be and are on a trajectory for a relegation battle with a team/squad who have no mental strength, cannot come back when losing and wilt under pressure.

Meanwhile the manager selects players almost at random (although regularly benching our influencers like Holtby and Rothwell until they have their attacking potential drilled out of them by Venus and Lowe) and making substitutions which baffle supporters while under-performers like Armstrong and Bennett are undroppable, even championed!

Questions though:

What do you think will be different at the end of the season? 

What happens if we are heading for relegation?

How close to relegation would we need to be before you might change your mind?

New Barnsley manager. Hoped it would be ours. If we fail to win I hope Mowbray does the decent thing. When you have the luxury of appointing your own boss a sacking isn’t on the cards.

My enthusiasm has totally drained. I’m sick of mogadon Mowbray and his big book of excuses. Sick of terrible football dressed up as some feeble sort of progression. Sick of useless owners. Yes men running the club. Fed up before a ball is kicked. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

The problem with that is people just make excuses. The guy has overseen the worst post war run was it. Over a seasons worth of games it’s been relegation form. Wasted millions we don’t have on donkeys. He shouldn’t be here.

But you’ll hear can’t sack a guy before the Xmas run give him January to fix problems. Nothing happens. Well January is a tough window can’t sack him now at the business end of a season. Then at the end of the season it’ll be let’s see who he can buy in the summer. Then got to give him at least 

2 months with the new players (all of whom need to learn how to play the Tony way).

My personal favourite well who would come here as if we’re some team that’s sprung up  yesterday.

ps. Mowbrays happiness is zero concern. 

• Like 4

Just now, matt83 said:

The problem with that is people just make excuses. The guy has overseen the worst post war run was it. Over a seasons worth of games it’s been relegation form. Wasted millions we don’t have on donkeys. He shouldn’t be here.

But you’ll hear can’t sack a guy before the Xmas run give him January to fix problems. Nothing happens. Well January is a tough window can’t sack him now at the business end of a season. Then at the end of the season it’ll be let’s see who he can buy in the summer. Then got to give him at least 

2 months with the new players (all of whom need to learn how to play the Tony way).

My personal favourite well who would come here as if we’re some team that’s sprung up  yesterday.

ps. Mowbrays happiness is zero concern. 

8615D8C6-3E97-44AA-BB2D-0697D98471E5.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

It has come to something when half the people you speak to about your beloved club want them to lose tomorrow so there can be a change of wastrel at the wheel.

giphy.gif

But let's face it, with the Goons & Loons in charge, it isn't going to change very much at all, until they are gone.

Sadly, I'm amongst those that would prefer Rovers to get a good hiding tomorrow, so that at least there will be some logic and momentum for a new man at the helm. Unfortunately I'm also amongst those that believe the people in charge at Ewood couldn't pick a winner if they had a bloody time machine....

10 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Seconded.

In your first post you want Rovers to get a "good hiding"

In the second post one hour later you "Seconded" Stuart's post "I want Rovers to win tomorrow. And every other game"

I can't help feeling your posts are contradictory.

Edited by Paul

Just now, Paul said:

In your first post you want Rovers to get a "good hiding"

In the second post one hour later you "Seconded" Stuart's post "I want Rovers to win tomorrow. And every other game"

I can't help feeling your posts are contradictory.

It's called the "Mowbray effect".

"Defenders are coming".... "We don't need anymore defenders" 

TM is a virus and it will slowly start spreading around us all.

The symptoms are..

Confusion

Verbal diahorea

Memory loss

Poor decision making

Lack of desire.

If you have any of the symptoms above please dial the number below and ask to speak to a host of similar sufferers.

01254 372000

• Like 2

Rovers are shite, the team consistently changes and it consistently misfires. Not one player can he get any consistency out of, he consistently selects his senior favs despite poor showing - on the pitch not training ground or dressing room -  and consistently digs out others.

He consistently tries to get his signings to play not to their strengths which makes you question why he bothered signing them in the first place. And the worst of the lot he consistently baulks at attacking players terrified of anyone running forwards with the ball in case they lose it. Meanwhile others lose it all over the park trying to play a possession game they aren't comfortable with.

A great bloke but a real oddball manager on the pitch yet fans run around after each nice guy interview saying oh it's ok Tony is happy here, jesus !!!!

I actually thought we were supposed to pay them to try and make US happy for a couple of hours !!!

• Like 4

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

It's called the "Mowbray effect".

"Defenders are coming".... "We don't need anymore defenders" 

TM is a virus and it will slowly start spreading around us all.

The symptoms are..

Confusion

Verbal diahorea

Memory loss

Poor decision making

Lack of desire.

If you have any of the symptoms above please dial the number below and ask to speak to a host of similar sufferers.

01254 372000

A quite brilliant riposte.

Well done.

• Like 2

Wonder if Mowbs will be tempted to play a few squad players for this one?

All eyes on the Rovers twitter feed from 13:55 for this one. We simply cannot set up today to counter a perceived Barnsley threat. Let’s play to our strengths and go for the jugular. If not today then when?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

It has come to something when half the people you speak to about your beloved club want them to lose tomorrow so there can be a change of wastrel at the wheel.

giphy.gif

But let's face it, with the Goons & Loons in charge, it isn't going to change very much at all, until they are gone.

Sadly, I'm amongst those that would prefer Rovers to get a good hiding tomorrow, so that at least there will be some logic and momentum for a new man at the helm. Unfortunately I'm also amongst those that believe the people in charge at Ewood couldn't pick a winner if they had a bloody time machine....

I know it's a difficult one. We want our club to succeed and have a manager with enough tactical knowhow and play players in the correct position. However the club with only appoint mediocre managers while Venkys remain in charge. So it could be a case of better the devil you know with Mowbray as frustrating as this is for us all us. As it's likely to get a lot bloody worse for Rovers before it gets better

WE can't live off project fear forever there is a better structure in place than at anytime under Venkys since before Kean. A lot of that is down to Mowbray of course and some is just down to time and the complete dumbing down of everything.

A handshake at the end of the season would be my preference but if things get worse it'll have to be a pay off i'm afraid.

• Like 1