BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley (h) - the Cauldron Of Hate part 2?

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They're still waiting for the Mowbray interview on Radio Lancs. Either he's giving them a real bollocking or he's saying his goodbyes.

sat in car for twenty minutes waiting then missed it.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just came on now. He spent most of the interview telling us what a good team Barnsley are.

Very very disappointing. We'll go nowhere with TM.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The problem is we will probably play well next game and lose. We cant seem to do anything in a straight forward way. Lack of cohesion. Always find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Mowbrays time is up,but I cant help but feel the end is going to drag. 

He's a man under pressure but I didn't like the way he stormed down the tunnel. Players fell to the ground after a hard game but it was another hard game for supporters so he could at least show his appreciation to the faithful fans ?. Go Tony please.

Well done Dack for giving his shirt to a fan in BBE. 

• Like 1

Positives.

A win is a win, 3 points always needed.

Negatives.

We were dire and deserved nothing.

They gave us at least 2 goals and we still nearly blew it.

They outplayed us for large parts of the game and did not deserve to lose.

Mowbray’s taxi put on hold due to the points.

Anybody who is not feeling sheepish after that performance is foolish.

• Like 4

• Backroom
Just now, Tom said:

Tony said the performance and anything else is irrelevant, we won and nothing else matters.

Full on self preservation mode, he’s never walking away 

True enough if the performance is a one-off, not applicable if we make the same mistakes week in and week out. I'm sure what he says in public is different to what he actually thinks and possibly what he's said to the players, but it doesn't send a good message out to the fans. 

Very poor performance today but 3 points is all that matters at the end of the day. 

We were poor. Gallagher wide right is just wrong and its doesnt work. Felt Holtby in centre mid didnt work today as he left Travis exposed too many times for me. Rothwell was our best player today and my MOTM. 

Dack saved Mowbray job tonight. 

At times in the second half it felt like It was Mowbray last game in charge and he would walk away tonight. He didnt look the same Mowbray from last season and feel like he is under massive pressure. 

• Like 1

I made a point of looking at the players’ reactions at full time.

No celebrations at all and certainly no huddle at a la Sheff Wed.

Graham just stood alone on the half way line for about two minutes with his hands on his hips. About 3 players on their haunches and Downing and Bennett seemed to be having a row.

You’d think we’d just lost and something certainly didn’t look right in the camp to me...

• Like 3

Just now, Mr. E said:

Just seen Barnsley's second goal. That has to be the most shambolic excuse of defending you can possibly see. You cannot even imagine we practice defending in training.

Thank god Lenihan was back hey!! As Tony said before the game he is a massive part of us keeping clean sheets. 

I am going to assume Travis and Rothwell get singled out for criticism by TM regarding this game.

Please go Tony, I am asking politely this time. 

• Like 1

Clearly the result is the most important thing so I'm delighted with three points we just didn't deserve. I thought Barnsley outplayed and out fought us. The mediocrity and ineptitude of Bennett, Bell, Armstrong, Travis and Gallagher was alarming. Slightly better than them were Tosin, Lenihan, Dack and Holtby. Mowbray was embarrassing as we were being overrun in the second half as he prowled around with his head bowed and hands behind his back looking absolutely clueless. His body language bore the look of a man who didn't know what to do and the result masks the truth of how tactically awful, disjointed and lost we looked. A 35 year old Danny Graham has dug his manager out of an abyss today as he changed the game. 

The old football adage of taking a team as far as they can has never been truer after what I witnessed today. 

I'd be devastated if I was a Barnsley fan as they pretty much played us of the pitch in the second half. The bold move by their manager with his double half time change should have been rewarded with a win. We absolutely won't be as lucky again.

• Like 5

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

"If we wanna play Gallagher, Armstrong, Dack and Graham we are asking a lot of the other 6"

I know Tony.  Don't fucking play Armstrong and Gallagher then you moron!!! 

If you play Gallagher and Armstrong you are asking a lot of the other 9!