BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley (h) - the Cauldron Of Hate part 2?

A wins a win but wow we were so poor. We were largely outplayed by a Barnsley team with one win all season. 

Another baffling team selection Mowbray, Gallagher our wide again when it hasn’t worked before and makes literally no sense was a highlight. The Travis-Holtby partnership is very poorly balanced. The last substitution was a bit of a head scratcher too. 

All it does is delay the inevitable, what pleases me though that I think the ewood faithful finally turned on the manager. Lots of Mowbray sort it out chants and the crowd were very frustrated at 1-1 and 2-2.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I made a point of looking at the players’ reactions at full time.

No celebrations at all and certainly no huddle at a la Sheff Wed.

Graham just stood alone on the half way line for about two minutes with his hands on his hips. About 3 players on their haunches and Downing and Bennett seemed to be having a row.

You’d think we’d just lost and something certainly didn’t look right in the camp to me...

After reading the Mowbray quotes earlier this week, I think it will be a split camp before too long.

There will be those that will be dragged into the video booth to analyse every pass they misplaced: Travis, Rothwell, Downing (?), Nyambe, Johnson. Get dropped for one poor game or not tracking a player back.

The other camp will be free to carry on in the team regardless, no pressure whatsoever on their starting place: Bennett, Armstrong, Gallagher, Williams.

Still delighted to win, impossible not to enjoy a win regardless. But doesnt in any way change my opinion that we urgently need a change of manager, it was a really poor performance, hes built a squad laughably short in certain areas considering he claimed with a straight face that we can hit the top 6. The performance lacked quality, ability, urgency and passion.

Start with the useless drip in net, 4 huge errors leading to goals in only 6 games. Absolutely dreadful. Miles more error prone than the incredibly error prone Raya, and his kicking is shocking too.

Bennett is absolutely terrible on the ball, every cross is overhit, passes often astray and I think his first touch is so bad so that he can slide tackle for the second. Bell possibly not quite as bad as he can be but typically docile and sluggish, no use going either way and often kicks or heads the way hes facing rather than taking a touch. Not sure how much blame you can attach to the central pairing but you could have got a double decker bus through the middle for the first and no reaction to our goalkeepers inadequacies for the second.

Travis gives us some energy and he was involved indirectly in 2 goals but his use of the ball is often horrendous, gave the ball away so often, no matter who we play in there we cannot keep the ball so why try and play that style if we simply cant. Rothwell was probably our best player, he just gives us that urgency and increase in tempo that the others dont seem to want to exit their comfort zone to play at, the antithesis of Armstrong who I will come on to. Also often switched on defensively. Holtby is the other one who tries to speed things up at times but it doesnt seem right him playing central, he often played clever penetrative passes wide (for Bell to usually stop and turn back) but hes wasted playing so deep.

Dack justifies for me Mowbrays claim that he always plays. Hes our talisman, often our only goal threat. Not overly involved but scored 2 poachers goals that again were invaluable. Gallagher on the other hand, admittedly today somewhat hamstrung by another Mowbray masterstroke to play him wide, is a woeful footballer. He lacks intelligence, repeatedly gives the ball away and adds nothing at all. Useless. Armstrong also doesnt seem to understand the offside rule, another footballer lacking any intelligence yet plays every game. Infuriating. The pair would be lucky to make the bench.

Subs wise, Graham a big difference, has to be first name on the team sheet, actually knows what he is doing unlike Mowbrays batch of expensive no hopers. Downing adds a touch of class but Buckley added the square root of nothing.

• Like 5

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

I still haven’t heard one murmer of the manager feeling the heat from upstairs or in the media. I want him gone as much as anyone but I just can’t see it

Has to come from the fans. They are the only chance this club has of moving him on. Make the position untenable. 

I thought Travis had the poorest game yet. Bell actually played better than normal. So many of our players need good individual coaching which they don't seem to be getting.

We need a good new manager with a proper coaching staff.

I felt sorry for Barnsley who should have been going home with the 3 points.

Anyway, now I'm glad we stole the 3 points from them.

• Like 3

I honestly don't think I've seen a Rovers team have as many bad touches on the ball as I saw today. That's not just first touches neither. I remember Bell had three bad touches in one incident today. It was so basic and elementary it was embarrassing. Similarly we hardly won a second ball today as we toiled against the bottom team.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Has to come from the fans. They are the only chance this club has of moving him on. Make the position untenable. 

In my opinion it was getting ready to blow in the Blackburn end at 2-2 around 80 minutes and probably would have done had not Dack scored the third. A noticeable difference in mood this afternoon.

• Like 2

I’m really happy today. My scorecast came in at £150/1.

I thought we would surely win at home against a massively struggling team, but was positive we’d make heavy weather of it. If We lost Dack for any length of time I think we are bang in trouble.

• Like 1

Just now, bazza said:

Walton     6

Bennett    5

Lenihan     7

Adarabioyo  7

Bell.     5

Holtby. 6

Travis.   5

Gallagher  5

Armstrong.  5

Rothwell.  8

Dack.  8

Graham. 7

Downing  7

Buckley  5 

Slightly harsh on Travis. I’d have given him 6.

But it’s interesting that with 8/10 Rothwell was still hooked instead of 5/10 Armstrong. There was the start of a reaction (a low booing) when Rothwell went off that became worse when Barnselona nearly got a third - no long before we scored.

I have to believe that Mowbray is untouchable and unrepentant so even if we drew he was going nowhere because that last goal could be another nail in our coffin longer term.

It’s getting more and more difficult to enjoy wins when it allows him another 1 point from the next 5.

• Like 1

Just now, Gamst said:

Feels like the tide has turned for Tony, which is interesting after a win. We must have been atrocious! 

Facebook is certainly not being kind. Even his biggest supporter probably felt we should have been far more clinical against the bottom side.

The stats for today’s game are very damning indeed. Dack’s goal has papered over a massive crack. I think he has paid back Mowbray’s character witness testimony with that goal alone.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Slightly harsh on Travis. I’d have given him 6.

But it’s interesting that with 8/10 Rothwell was still hooked instead of 5/10 Armstrong. There was the start of a reaction (a low booing) when Rothwell went off that became worse when Barnselona nearly got a third - no long before we scored.

I have to believe that Mowbray is untouchable and unrepentant so even if we drew he was going nowhere because that last goal could be another nail in our coffin longer term.

It’s getting more and more difficult to enjoy wins when it allows him another 1 point from the next 5.

Barnselona, that tickled me!

• Like 2

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Type of performance that gets managers sacked. The win didn't cover up the inadequacies in the team - so many poor insipid performances - it was like half the team didn't turn up. Gallagher out wide - could see why at first - but when they got used to the long diagonal why persist ☹ - but the poor lad central. Special mention for Armstrong who was awful - how can somebody be caught off side so many times ?

Final mention for TM - very grateful for everything he has done for the club - but this team is massively under achieving - and the buck has to stop somewhere.

Owners........

• Like 2

I didn't go today.

Went Bury market instead in the morning to stock the freezer then out boozing in the afternoon.

What did I miss? An abortion of a game by the sounds of the chaps back in the pub after who did brave it.

Then they wonder why attendances are absolutely shite. 

• Like 2