BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley (h) - the Cauldron Of Hate part 2?

Everything has already been said in this thread I think.

I'll enjoy the 3 points, and fair play to the lads on the pitch for keeping there heads up to go in front twice more after twice being pegged back, could have easily shrugged there shoulders after the first equaliser and gone onto lose 2-1, afterall we have seen Mowbrays sides do that many times before.

As for the rest of the game, good grief.

• Like 1

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

To be fair to them - they have backed TM

I am staggered beyond belief anyone still has a good word to say. They are arrogant fuckwits when it comes to running a football club. Where is our clubs future under them? The promises? The lies. Bankrolling the club does not excuse bad management. They should leave, and take Tony with them. We are in free fall, have been since the day they rocked up. Apologists because they keep racking up debt and kill the fan base, so we should be grateful......I'm speechless.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
  • Like 5

Apart from the Dack header where he scored the rebound, and that audacious Rothwell effort that was going wide anyway, I cant think of a save there keeper made?

This game took me back to that period when we first got relegated under k**n where we picked up a few wins despite being utterly atrocious.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Armstrong and Gallagher probably shouldn't be in the team right now. The former certainly not, the latter definitely not on the right wing. Unfortunately Graham should still be starting up top with a combination of Dack/Downing/Rothwell/Holtby behind him. I think Graham may well leave in January though (weren't there rumours of A-League interest a couple of months back?) and Mowbray won't want to look foolish by having £14m of players he's brought in warming the bench. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Id give Gallagher, Walton and Armstrong 2's, Travis, Bell and Bennett 4's, Holtby and at a push the 2 centre backs 6's, Rothwell a 7 and Dack for winning the game an 8. Graham and Downing 6s, Buckley N/A.

We were crap but 2s are almost always silly Mark's to give. To get a 2 you need to be pretty much scoring own goals. Armstrong got an assist. He was poor, caught offside 4 times in the opening 20 minutes, but had enough little flashes to warrant more like a 4. I'd give Gallagher the same. Walton, probably a 3. Bad, and nearly gave Barnsley the game, but I've seen a lot worse. Fettis was a 2 or less every week.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

We were crap but 2s are almost always silly Mark's to give. To get a 2 you need to be pretty much scoring own goals. Armstrong got an assist. He was poor, caught offside 4 times in the opening 20 minutes, but had enough little flashes to warrant more like a 4. I'd give Gallagher the same. Walton, probably a 3. Bad, and nearly gave Barnsley the game, but I've seen a lot worse. Fettis was a 2 or less every week.

Fettis didn't play every week in fairness too him ....I agree with the rest of your post ...

Edited by Waggy76

What a great result...it's true we haven't the best of the matches but well Barnsley played their best match of the sesson by far.

The positive things well we tried and tried all the match and even when they get tie twice we keep pur temple...

In my opinion the match should finish 3-1 cause their second goal was an horrible accident thqt only proves our poor defensive level and that Walton could be goodnbutbnot enough is not tje goaly that we need.

Whoaver a victory always will make my dayband i think couldbe the first of some victories.

#COYBBR 

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#TheMexicanRover 

• Like 3

Will never forget the "Alan Fettis game" in the late 90's vs Arsenal, when they were 4 up in no time. I remember the snow starting to come down and the Rovers fans calling for the game to be abandoned. ?

Fettis, might be as good as Walton. The fact we had Armstong up top for 60 mins today as we watch Walton hold the ball for 20 seconds before booting it out to nowhere is painful enough, but as soon as DG comes on Walton legs it to the edge of his 18 and hammers it down the channels for Danny to "chase" just highlights how clueless and poor he might actually be.

Really nice guy though! ?

(We NEED Mowrbay gone before the January transfer window.)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Id give Gallagher, Walton and Armstrong 2's, Travis, Bell and Bennett 4's, Holtby and at a push the 2 centre backs 6's, Rothwell a 7 and Dack for winning the game an 8. Graham and Downing 6s, Buckley N/A.

I don't think Peter White ever gave less than a 5 for any player. I think he (Peter) would have agreed on my ratings.

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Will never forget the "Alan Fettis game" in the late 90's vs Arsenal, when they were 4 up in no time. I remember the snow starting to come down and the Rovers fans calling for the game to be abandoned. ?

Fettis, might be as good as Walton. The fact we had Armstong up top for 60 mins today as we watch Walton hold the ball for 20 seconds before booting it out to nowhere is painful enough, but as soon as DG comes on Walton legs it to the edge of his 18 and hammers it down the channels for Danny to "chase" just highlights how clueless and poor he might actually be.

Really nice guy though! ?

(We NEED Mowrbay gone before the January transfer window.)

Look what Fettis was up against though, one of the best footballing sides of modern times.

Chances are he might have been ok a league below. This lad Walton was 3 TD or 4 th choice at Brighton. Exactly what Steel was at Boro.

Clear the Rovers way now is to root around for a keeper of that ilk who they can get for less Than a million and hope to grow him to punt on.

As usual the team suffers in favour of the 'investment vehicle' .

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I am staggered beyond belief anyone still has a good word to say. They are arrogant fuckwits when it comes to running a football club. Where is our clubs future under them? The promises? The lies. Bankrolling the club does not excuse bad management. They should leave, and take Tony with them. We are in free fall, have been since the day they rocked up. Apologists because they keep racking up debt and kill the fan base, so we should be grateful......I'm speechless.

Wow - what an outburst.

During TM's time as manager - they bank rolled the biggest League 1 budget - and given him £12m to spend on two strikers - as well as continuing to pay the wages.

They are responsible for our demise - however we only need to look to Bolton to see where we could easily be.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very poor performance today but 3 points is all that matters at the end of the day. 

We were poor. Gallagher wide right is just wrong and its doesnt work. Felt Holtby in centre mid didnt work today as he left Travis exposed too many times for me. Rothwell was our best player today and my MOTM. 

Dack saved Mowbray job tonight. 

At times in the second half it felt like It was Mowbray last game in charge and he would walk away tonight. He didnt look the same Mowbray from last season and feel like he is under massive pressure. 

Rothwell MOM, well who'd have thought.

Holtby out of position, well, who'd have thought

Gallagher, out of position, who'd have thought

• Like 1

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Wow - what an outburst.

During TM's time as manager - they bank rolled the biggest League 1 budget - and given him £12m to spend on two strikers - as well as continuing to pay the wages.

They are responsible for our demise - however we only need to look to Bolton to see where we could easily be.

Do you not feel that we are heading in that direction? It’s broken and unmendable and sat on a Venkys debt pile . How long does it continue ... serious question . 
it’s a problem that caa a not be solved any more 

Edited by TBTF
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, DE. said:

Armstrong and Gallagher probably shouldn't be in the team right now. The former certainly not, the latter definitely not on the right wing. Unfortunately Graham should still be starting up top with a combination of Dack/Downing/Rothwell/Holtby behind him. I think Graham may well leave in January though (weren't there rumours of A-League interest a couple of months back?) and Mowbray won't want to look foolish by having £14m of players he's brought in warming the bench. 

If we stick with Mowbray, I think Graham, Rothwell and Chapman will go in January.  I can't see Dack hanging around long either.

• Like 2

Walton - 6
Bennett - 4
Lenihan - 6
Tosin - 5
Bell - 5
Travis - 5
Holtby - 5
Rothwell - 9 (the best game he's had in a Rovers shirt, unbelievable today)
Dack - 9
Gallagher - 5
Armstrong - 6

Just now, JoeH said:

Walton - 6
Bennett - 4
Lenihan - 6
Tosin - 5
Bell - 5
Travis - 5
Holtby - 5
Rothwell - 9 (the best game he's had in a Rovers shirt, unbelievable today)
Dack - 9
Gallagher - 5
Armstrong - 6

Think youve been incredibly generous to Gallagher and in particular Walton and Armstrong. Rothwells best game was at home to Derby last season.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Think you've been incredibly generous to Gallagher and in particular Walton and Armstrong. Rothwell's best game was at home to Derby last season.

Walton made some good saves, no major mistakes besides one poor kick. Rothwell was much better today than against Derby. He did more than just beat every defender placed in-front of him.

He chased the ball like Travis, won it back like Smallwood, beat his man like Dack and play his passes like Downing. All round one of the best midfield displays I've seen since Harrison Reed graced the Ewood turf last season for me. It was incredible. I thought his work ethic, desire to get back and defend, and his eagerness to stay on despite a clear knock was commendable.

Take away the goal from that game vs Derby and I don't think people would even remember that performance.

• Backroom
Just now, JoeH said:

Walton made some good saves, no major mistakes besides one poor kick. Rothwell was much better today than against Derby. He did more than just beat every defender placed in-front of him.

He chased the ball like Travis, won it back like Smallwood, beat his man like Dack and play his passes like Downing. All round one of the best midfield displays I've seen since Harrison Reed graced the Ewood turf last season for me. It was incredible. I thought his work ethic, desire to get back and defend, and his eagerness to stay on despite a clear knock was commendable.

Take away the goal from that game vs Derby and I don't think people would even remember that performance.

Did you go for a brew for their second goal by any chance?

• Like 5