BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley (h) - the Cauldron Of Hate part 2?

Just now, JoeH said:

Walton made some good saves, no major mistakes besides one poor kick. Rothwell was much better today than against Derby. He did more than just beat every defender placed in-front of him.

He chased the ball like Travis, won it back like Smallwood, beat his man like Dack and play his passes like Downing. All round one of the best midfield displays I've seen since Harrison Reed graced the Ewood turf last season for me. It was incredible. I thought his work ethic, desire to get back and defend, and his eagerness to stay on despite a clear knock was commendable.

Take away the goal from that game vs Derby and I don't think people would even remember that performance.

No major mistakes? Had you gone for a piss when they made it 2-2?! Dont recall any saves that werent anything other than routine either.

I do think Rothwell was good today but I remember that goal v Derby being very much deserved and being delighted for him based on his performance up until that point. He adds tempo and urgency, won the ball back a few times and makes things happen.

23 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Maybe he's playing Gallagher on the right wing so he can learn how to play the ball from a corner?

He's just coming up with systems to accommodate players that's all.  Hoping something just drops or clicks rather than any real drilled in plan.

In his mind he'll probably blame todays poor display on Rothwell !

2 hours ago, Alejandro Tapia said:

In my opinion the match should finish 3-1 cause their second goal was an horrible accident

I agree. As I predicted 3-1 and their 2nd was blatantly handball.

I had no doubt at all we would win. Though I didn't think we'd play so badly.

Barnsley are fucking dire. Those who think we have a chance of going down are deluded. We are pretty shit, but there are definitely 5 worse teams in this poor league. Even if we didn't have a manager we'd still stay up.

Our problem is that a decent manager could  and should have us in the top 6.

The worst thing is to accept the stability of 11-15th place that the happy clappers love.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

If we stick with Mowbray, I think Graham, Rothwell and Chapman will go in January.  I can't see Dack hanging around long either.

I think he's easing Graham towards the exit door it's not a good look when he's rotating Armstrong, Gallagher and Dack in the lone front man role over the clubs best striker.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He's just coming up with systems to accommodate players that's all.  Hoping something just drops or clicks rather than any real drilled in plan.

In his mind he'll probably blame todays poor display on Rothwell !

I don't really agree with this. Tony had a clear plan in the summer with wide right striker formation, and bought players to fit into it.

The issue is the tactics really havent worked out. Further evidenced today by how we struggled against the bottom side in the division.

Just now, Husky said:

I agree. As I predicted 3-1 and their 2nd was blatantly handball.

I had no doubt at all we would win. Though I didn't think we'd play so badly.

Barnsley are fucking dire. Those who think we have a chance of going down are deluded. We are pretty shit, but there are definitely 5 worse teams in this poor league. Even if we didn't have a manager we'd still stay up.

Our problem is that a decent manager could  and should have us in the top 6.

The worst thing is to accept the stability of 11-15th place that the happy clappers love.

if barnsley are so bad what does that say about us,they outplayed us in the 2nd half,i was pretty sure we`de avoid relegation,now im`e not sure,that performance was beyond bad and with 4 tough games coming up im`e very worried and angry that mowbray is taking the p**s,picking his favourite players and putting others in stupid positions were they should`nt be,i bet he does`nt start rothwell on wednesday night either,mowbray is dead to me now,the **** has lost the plot

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I don't really agree with this. Tony had a clear plan in the summer with wide right striker formation, and bought players to fit into it.

The issue is the tactics really havent worked out. Further evidenced today by how we struggled against the bottom side in the division.

Don't agree with that it seems to me he came up with that system to accommodate what he had and what he knew was in the pipeline in terms of Gallagher.  Him playing wide strikers is nothing new though you can bet your last dollar had Samuel been fit and Gallagher fallen through he'd have been starting out there. 

You'r saying it's not working but why is that is it the system or the players ? 

Either way he's goofed.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Don't agree with that it seems to me he came up with that system to accommodate what he had and what he knew was in the pipeline in terms of Gallagher. 

You'r saying it's not working but why is that is it the system or the players ? 

Either way he's goofed.

Players.... in key positions, i.e.goalie, left back, right back and at leat one centre half.  Defenders are coming!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Wow - what an outburst.

During TM's time as manager - they bank rolled the biggest League 1 budget - and given him £12m to spend on two strikers - as well as continuing to pay the wages.

They are responsible for our demise - however we only need to look to Bolton to see where we could easily be.

As Venky's provide money to pay the bills and 'bank roll' the club, net laibilities increase proportionally. What's the debt now £170 million ? 

We may well end up like Bolton if the Bank of India decides it wants some money back.

Was on a hospitality do at Stanley today so missed what sounds like a total shambles. It was very Phoenix nights and Stanley are tin pot by comparison but they’re a proper club. That’s a lot more than I can say about rovers currently. 

Andy Holt came over to the table thanked us all for coming and how much he appreciated it. Every game Stanley win he makes the bar a pound a pint. Then had Coleman pre match giving a few words. Not fluent in Scouse but there was a few digs at the bolton fans there which were funny.

Can you imagine it at rovers. The owners don’t know we’re playing but if they did I’m fairly sure they’d want us to win. I remember a united fan saying to me once we’re a much better club than rovers. At the time I said no you’re not you have a better team but don’t make the mistake in thinking you’re a better club. Can’t say that anymore to anyone. 

Ps. In a nuclear holocaust the only 2 things that would survive are cockroaches and Jason Lowe. Jesus wept. How did that guy survive the cull. He gave the ball away 5 times in the first half. 

• Like 4

Just now, matt83 said:

Was on a hospitality do at Stanley today so missed what sounds like a total shambles. It was very Phoenix nights and Stanley are tin pot by comparison but they’re a proper club. That’s a lot more than I can say about rovers currently. 

Andy Holt came over to the table thanked us all for coming and how much he appreciated it. Every game Stanley win he makes the bar a pound a pint. Then had Coleman pre match giving a few words. Not fluent in Scouse but there was a few digs at the bolton fans there which were funny.

Can you imagine it at rovers. The owners don’t know we’re playing but if they did I’m fairly sure they’d want us to win. I remember a united fan saying to me once we’re a much better club than rovers. At the time I said no you’re not you have a better team but don’t make the mistake in thinking you’re a better club. Can’t say that anymore to anyone. 

Ps. In a nuclear holocaust the only 2 things that would survive are cockroaches and Jason Lowe. Jesus wept. How did that guy survive the cull. He gave the ball away 5 times in the first half. 

Yeah they do that every game at Stanley. Fair play on tubbing that shit shower from down the road too ?

6 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

As Venky's provide money to pay the bills and 'bank roll' the club, net laibilities increase proportionally. What's the debt now £170 million ? 

We may well end up like Bolton if the Bank of India decides it wants some money back.

There is no hole in the Bank of India's finances, nor is there any reason for them to come calling on behalf of our (deluded) benefactors whose cash has been squandered for the past 9 years. If the Venkys wish to finance a weird vanity project for undisclosed reasons, just because they do this via an institution like BoI it doesn't mean BoI have any interest at all in the underlying reasons why they spend their money on us.

tenor.gif?itemid=5076615

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tomphil said:

Woeful stuff again amazing to say that after a 3-2 win but there it is. No doubt he's busy dressing it up as a 5 star performance against a good team in a false position to his paymasters in INdia via the presser.

Anyone in watching would have seen another insipid disjointed side getting out played by possibly the weakest side in the league. The extra quality we are able to afford over the likes of them saw that through just like it was enough for us in league 1.  Speaking of league 1 that's exactly what that defence is but then we've known that since we went down last time.

However a win is a win and it's all about the points so we'll take them, we've played better and lost but maybe not this season. That had the look of a relegation scrap for sure.

Spot effin on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

For the sake of factual accuracy, I know it’s unfashionable during an election campaign...Rovers are not in hock to the Bank of India as per the last accounts. Rovers debt (save for a relatively modest overdraft) is to Venky’s. 

• Like 3

Game summed up our season. 

We have a few good players of top quality who can grab us a few points. 

We can rag a few wins to keep our head above water. 

Other clubs exist that have more issues than us. 

Overall our performance levels are poor, turgid and uninspiring. 

We also always leak 2 goals a game and need 3 to win. 

Our failings are compounded by an unbalanced squad and the clown of a manager playing multiple players who shouldn't be in the team in wrong positions, making us worse than we should be. 

No wonder fans are getting fed up! The silver lining is the whopping 7 points between us and relegation which means our shambles of a season probably won't end in relegation. 

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

He needs to go before we loose our key players. If the right man came in sooner rather than later, the likes of Dack, Rothwell, Lenihan, Graham may stay. 

Automatic reply - Please walk Tony.

Its very easy for fans to keep posting please walk Mowbray when its not your job