BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley (h) - the Cauldron Of Hate part 2?

4 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

This was in the LET last time the annual figures were announced:

Rovers’ overdraft, currently with the State Bank of India, is up for renewal in March, with the club directors confident it will be renewed.The club’s ‘ultimate parent company’ Venkateshwara Hatcheries Pvt. Ltd ‘has sufficient funds and is willing to provide such additional financing as may be required to fund the company’ for the foreseeable future.

My point is that this won't go on forever. There is an overdraft to pay back at some point. How long is the foreseeable future ?

You may not be worried but I am.

Agreed. A part of me would like the inevitable crisis to come sooner, rather than later. At least, then we can start building rather than this dying by a thousand cuts.

All our current pain and discomfort is the "pointless" pain before the operation. At least, the post -op pain will be on the journey back to recovery....

There is no football point to the current Rovers. Too many players seem recruited for "investment" reasons, while there are huge gaps on the pitch...

A slow, lingering death. FOV!!

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

I think he's easing Graham towards the exit door it's not a good look when he's rotating Armstrong, Gallagher and Dack in the lone front man role over the clubs best striker.

Totally agree. One of many stupid and basic mistakes he has continued to make. Drop the guy who has scored about 50 goals and faff about rotating the ones useless in that role.  He drives me mad. This season is a massive missed opportunity. The quality of the league is absolute rubbish and so many teams are there for the taking.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stuart said:

Slightly harsh on Travis. I’d have given him 6.

But it’s interesting that with 8/10 Rothwell was still hooked instead of 5/10 Armstrong. There was the start of a reaction (a low booing) when Rothwell went off that became worse when Barnselona nearly got a third - no long before we scored.

I have to believe that Mowbray is untouchable and unrepentant so even if we drew he was going nowhere because that last goal could be another nail in our coffin longer term.

It’s getting more and more difficult to enjoy wins when it allows him another 1 point from the next 5.

Travis was really poor today but I firmly believe Mowbary's coaching and demands have killed the young lad's game.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I still haven’t heard one murmer of the manager feeling the heat from upstairs or in the media. I want him gone as much as anyone but I just can’t see it

Not sure there were any when Bowyer got potted. A lot of us felt he was here to stay because he flew to Pune and kept in with the owners.

There's no point trying to predict anything that will happen here other than one disappointment after another.

Just now, USABlue said:

I was pretty happy with Gally today in the fact that at least he was trying.

He was playing against a five foot six fullback and the tactic was to win the long diagonals or Waltons kicks and head it back across into the penalty area. How many times did that actually happen? In all honesty I can't remember one. And yet Mowbray, not for the first time persisted with it (whats Einstein's definition of lunacy?).

That's not Gallagher's fault though. I don't particularly rate him but the manager should at least have the sense to put him where he can be more effective. Mowbray makes a simple thing so complicated, often to the detriment of the team.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, JoeH said:

Walton made some good saves, no major mistakes besides one poor kick. Rothwell was much better today than against Derby. He did more than just beat every defender placed in-front of him.

He chased the ball like Travis, won it back like Smallwood, beat his man like Dack and play his passes like Downing. All round one of the best midfield displays I've seen since Harrison Reed graced the Ewood turf last season for me. It was incredible. I thought his work ethic, desire to get back and defend, and his eagerness to stay on despite a clear knock was commendable.

Take away the goal from that game vs Derby and I don't think people would even remember that performance.

What's betting he does not start on Wednesday?

Just now, Amo said:

Not sure there were any when Bowyer got potted. A lot of us felt he was here to stay because he flew to Pune and kept in with the owners.

There's no point trying to predict anything that will happen here other than one disappointment after another.

There was a sacking before the sacking of bowyer , and he didn’t have his friends controlling the buttons

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

There was a sacking before the sacking of bowyer , and he didn’t have his friends controlling the buttons

Who are you referring to?

Mowbray doesn't have any friends in charge. Waggott? Like every other Venky CEO he's just a tick-boxing exercise. He has no power. It will be Suhail who has the most sway with the owners. 

Just now, Amo said:

Who are you referring to?

Mowbray doesn't have any friends in charge. Waggott? Like every other Venky CEO he's just a tick-boxing exercise. He has no power. It will be Suhail who has the most sway with the owners. 

Think you underestimate how far removed venkys are from reality of supporter unrest . Also entails a big restructure and firing/ hiring that would entail a lot of time/effort on their part

Just now, arbitro said:

He was playing against a five foot six fullback and the tactic was to win the long diagonals or Waltons kicks and head it back across into the penalty area. How many times did that actually happen? In all honesty I can't remember one. And yet Mowbray, not for the first time persisted with it (whats Einstein's definition of lunacy?).

That's not Gallagher's fault though. I don't particularly rate him but the manager should at least have the sense to put him where he can be more effective. Mowbray makes a simple thing so complicated, often to the detriment of the team.

Gallagher showed at Preston how he should be deployed he needs balls swinging in front of him in the air or on the deck. He needs to attack the ball in or around the area or be running for deep into space from wide like a wide striker rather than winger like he did in his first stint here.

Stuck out there being asked to do something with angled high balls or just track back he offers nothing in terms of goal threat or assist, just wasted. At 5 million quild they should be trying to drain out the very best of the limited attributes he has it's quite ridiculous really. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I seem to recall you being pretty keen to sign those 2 strikers at the time Chaddy.  Feel free to correct if I'm wrong.

I was happy with Brereton signing but Mowbray hasn't used him good enough. 

Gallagher money should have been spent on a centre half leader like Jansson

Just now, Amo said:

They were plenty of talk about Bowyer being replaced about 2 weeks before he got potted. Alan Nixon ran an article on it and mention 4 names Lambert, Jokanovic, Pearson and Hollaway

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I was happy with Brereton signing but Mowbray hasn't used him good enough. 

Gallagher money should have been spent on a centre half leader like Jansson

They were plenty of talk about Bowyer being replaced about 2 weeks before he got potted. Alan Nixon ran an article on it and mention 4 names Lambert, Jokanovic, Pearson and Hollaway

The truth is that Bowyer might have been a decent bloke, but he was very lucky to have got such a job in the first place. He simply never had the CV..

• Like 1

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

The truth is that Bowyer might have been a decent bloke, but he was very lucky to have got such a job in the first place. He simply never had the CV..

well yet again I disagree. 

I think he deserve the right to get then job after keeping us up and the mess we were in after the Shebby/Shaw and Agnew show plus 3 Permanent managers in one season fiasco  Reminds my of Sky one show Dream Team

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

well yet again I disagree. 

I think he deserve the right to get then job after keeping us up and the mess we were in after the Shebby/Shaw and Agnew show plus 3 Permanent managers in one season fiasco  Reminds my of Sky one show Dream Team

If every caretaker that had a decent 3-4 games in charge got the job permanently then it would happen in 80% of cases. More often than not the caretaker oversees an improvement. It doesn't mean he should automatically get the job full time. 

As much as I liked Bowyer he got the job here through being the easy and obvious choice and calm head amidst absolute chaos brought upon the club by the owners. He did a good job until the owners ruined it by selling everyone and providing no funds to him or Lambert.

There has to be more to it than 'oh well he's a nice bloke and we won a couple of games when he was caretaker so he can have the job'.

It's this approach that will almost certainly see Johnson next in line. 

Appointing a manager and staff at this level requires far more than taking the easiest and cheapest option. I thought they'd worked that out when we impressively brought in Lambert, Irvine and Kelly but recent events show that not to be the case.

Watching the goals again I thought their first showed Lenihan’s biggest weakness: he got suckered into following his man going short but then overran him! That same dude was then free Running toward goal and duly scored. 

Back to the full game, contrary to the general view on here I wasn’t that impressed by Rothwell. His pace when he gets the ball does quicken the pulse but when he got in or near the box the end product was poor. I can remember four opportunities he had to impact the score line: 

1) After 5 mins ran into traffic in edge of the the box and lost it, Holtby maybe legged up going for the loose ball.

2) Does a good trick to beat his man, gets free to the LHS byline in the box, but the overhit cross goes out for a throw in the Riverside.

3) The 40-yard open goal effort was poor: too low and going wide anyway.

4) For the second goal he got the pass in space overlapping on the left, but took too many touches with that stuttering run of his so the shot was blocked by the defender’s boot an inch away from the ball. Downing gets a spinning ball at tummy height, one touch to control then perfect shooting technique to whack it in.

Contrast that with Travis who did give the ball away a lot but was instrumental in the 1st and 3rd goals. And Dack, who didn’t do much but score two goals. I think Joe could do with some serious coaching for when his is around the box. A player with his ball skills and pace should be troubling the scorers a lot more.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Gallagher showed at Preston how he should be deployed he needs balls swinging in front of him in the air or on the deck. He needs to attack the ball in or around the area or be running for deep into space from wide like a wide striker rather than winger like he did in his first stint here.

Stuck out there being asked to do something with angled high balls or just track back he offers nothing in terms of goal threat or assist, just wasted. At 5 million quild they should be trying to drain out the very best of the limited attributes he has it's quite ridiculous really. 

If you are going to play up front on your own you need good service. Plenty of good early balls played into the danger areas either on the ground and in air. If you don't get that you'll struggle unless you're the next Shearer or Kane.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Watching the goals again I thought their first showed Lenihan’s biggest weakness: he got suckered into following his man going short but then overran him! That same dude was then free Running toward goal and duly scored. 

Back to the full game, contrary to the general view on here I wasn’t that impressed by Rothwell. His pace when he gets the ball does quicken the pulse but when he got in or near the box the end product was poor. I can remember four opportunities he had to impact the score line: 

1) After 5 mins ran into traffic in edge of the the box and lost it, Holtby maybe legged up going for the loose ball.

2) Does a good trick to beat his man, gets free to the LHS byline in the box, but the overhit cross goes out for a throw in the Riverside.

3) The 40-yard open goal effort was poor: too low and going wide anyway.

4) For the second goal he got the pass in space overlapping on the left, but took too many touches with that stuttering run of his so the shot was blocked by the defender’s boot an inch away from the ball. Downing gets a spinning ball at tummy height, one touch to control then perfect shooting technique to whack it in.

Contrast that with Travis who did give the ball away a lot but was instrumental in the 1st and 3rd goals. And Dack, who didn’t do much but score two goals. I think Joe could do with some serious coaching for when his is around the box. A player with his ball skills and pace should be troubling the scorers a lot more.

It's not the first time Lenihan has been caught being drawn to the ball instead of staying with his man. Old Midfielders habits die hard.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

If every caretaker that had a decent 3-4 games in charge got the job permanently then it would happen in 80% of cases. More often than not the caretaker oversees an improvement. It doesn't mean he should automatically get the job full time. 

As much as I liked Bowyer he got the job here through being the easy and obvious choice and calm head amidst absolute chaos brought upon the club by the owners. He did a good job until the owners ruined it by selling everyone and providing no funds to him or Lambert.

There has to be more to it than 'oh well he's a nice bloke and we won a couple of games when he was caretaker so he can have the job'.

It's this approach that will almost certainly see Johnson next in line. 

Appointing a manager and staff at this level requires far more than taking the easiest and cheapest option. I thought they'd worked that out when we impressively brought in Lambert, Irvine and Kelly but recent events show that not to be the case.

Bowyer got the based on more than 4 games plus he gave us a steady Eddie in charge

Did I say he is a nice bloke give him the job? 

I think Johnson as manager would be bless of fresh air if he plays the same way as he did for the under 23's and appoint the right staff for his approach and ways