Sign in to follow this  
MCMC1875

Barnsley (h) - the Cauldron Of Hate part 2?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

And the mighty Wednesday

Obviously it's great to win even when we are not playing well but are you happy with the performances and the direction we are going.

If you are being honest you are probably as worried as the rest of us.

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

Obviously it's great to win even when we are not playing well but are you happy with the performances and the direction we are going.

If you are being honest you are probably as worried as the rest of us.

Clearly it isn't great but what we have seen in the last two home games with two late wins - one from a goal down - is not the hallmark of a relegation side

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

And the mighty Wednesday

Damn you're right. Spirit of the dambusters! 

What a mess of a win.

I always accept that there's an argument that a club with a new manager will, more often than not, have a bounce about them. I half-felt that from Barnsley, but they were still a largely poor side from what I saw, save for a couple of individuals in Chaplin and Woodrow. An established team - which, after almost three years of Mowbray, we should be - would not be resorting to desperation to get the three points. We were very lucky to get them, and it's not the first time.

Let's face it... We have little coherency in our play, and we got out of jail from a bit of individual quality through Dack and Downing, while Rothwell worked hard and will be an unsung hero of the match. The rest were, overall, rubbish. One of the iFollow commentators talks about "players taking responsibility", but the buck stops with Mowbray, in my view - whether it's down to mis-management of personnel, poor tactics, or poor transfers... We are looking like a team on the slide because of one or all three of those things.

My old Barnsley mate from uni said "good performances but no result" was the story of their season. While I wouldn't say that the same could be said of us, it has been said a number of times on here or by the commentators - that we're playing well and getting nothing for it. And THAT has been a worrying sign so far this season. I don't know what to make of getting three points against Wednesday and Barnsley in similar fashions, but they reek of desperation and a lack of ideas. Sitting from the other side (Wednesday or Barnsley), they come away with nothing and will have their own grievances, but there is no way that we can carry on picking up three points here and there like this. It's luck and desperation, and despite the win, I think Mowbray's time here is done. Sadly, we could possibly drone on like this for a year or two - depending on whether or not the owners pay attention to what Suhail has to say. The only question is how tight/pally are the upper management in the corridors of Ewood, and is the Waggot/Mowbray partnership one that won't be broken?

If I was a Barnsley fan I’d have been unhappy to leave with a point. Don’t get me wrong, absolutely delighted with the win but it’s done nothing to ease any worries. Tony’s time is up and it has been for a couple of months now. 

We made hard work of it but its three points a tougher proposition on wednesday so we need to up our game. Start with Graham and Armstrong out wide. Gally on bench

That was awful. It felt like a defeat. Terrible passing, low intensity, crap defending. That is our style of play and it simply isn't good enough or worth letting Mowbray have another transfer window.

Time to go Tony.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They're still waiting for the Mowbray interview on Radio Lancs. Either he's giving them a real bollocking or he's saying his goodbyes.

sat in car for twenty minutes waiting then missed it.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just came on now. He spent most of the interview telling us what a good team Barnsley are.

Very very disappointing. We'll go nowhere with TM.

The problem is we will probably play well next game and lose. We cant seem to do anything in a straight forward way. Lack of cohesion. Always find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Mowbrays time is up,but I cant help but feel the end is going to drag. 

20 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Congrats to the players for digging deep to win another game late on

They didn't look remotely interested until they got berrated by a few in the Blackburn End.

Sponsor
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The problem is we will probably play well next game and lose. We cant seem to do anything in a straight forward way. Lack of cohesion. Always find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Mowbrays time is up,but I cant help but feel the end is going to drag. 

He's a man under pressure but I didn't like the way he stormed down the tunnel. Players fell to the ground after a hard game but it was another hard game for supporters so he could at least show his appreciation to the faithful fans 😡. Go Tony please.

Well done Dack for giving his shirt to a fan in BBE. 

Positives.

A win is a win, 3 points always needed.

Negatives.

We were dire and deserved nothing.

They gave us at least 2 goals and we still nearly blew it.

They outplayed us for large parts of the game and did not deserve to lose.

Mowbray’s taxi put on hold due to the points.

Anybody who is not feeling sheepish after that performance is foolish.

34 minutes ago, Lihamylly said:

8 points to 6th spot! In Tony we trust!

Think where we could have been with a good manager!

Tony said the performance and anything else is irrelevant, we won and nothing else matters.

Full on self preservation mode, he’s never walking away 

Just seen Barnsley's second goal. That has to be the most shambolic excuse of defending you can possibly see. You cannot even imagine we practice defending in training.

Just now, Tom said:

Tony said the performance and anything else is irrelevant, we won and nothing else matters.

Full on self preservation mode, he’s never walking away 

True enough if the performance is a one-off, not applicable if we make the same mistakes week in and week out. I'm sure what he says in public is different to what he actually thinks and possibly what he's said to the players, but it doesn't send a good message out to the fans. 

Very poor performance today but 3 points is all that matters at the end of the day. 

We were poor. Gallagher wide right is just wrong and its doesnt work. Felt Holtby in centre mid didnt work today as he left Travis exposed too many times for me. Rothwell was our best player today and my MOTM. 

Dack saved Mowbray job tonight. 

At times in the second half it felt like It was Mowbray last game in charge and he would walk away tonight. He didnt look the same Mowbray from last season and feel like he is under massive pressure. 

I made a point of looking at the players’ reactions at full time.

No celebrations at all and certainly no huddle at a la Sheff Wed.

Graham just stood alone on the half way line for about two minutes with his hands on his hips. About 3 players on their haunches and Downing and Bennett seemed to be having a row.

You’d think we’d just lost and something certainly didn’t look right in the camp to me...

Just now, Mr. E said:

Just seen Barnsley's second goal. That has to be the most shambolic excuse of defending you can possibly see. You cannot even imagine we practice defending in training.

Thank god Lenihan was back hey!! As Tony said before the game he is a massive part of us keeping clean sheets. 

I am going to assume Travis and Rothwell get singled out for criticism by TM regarding this game.

Please go Tony, I am asking politely this time.