BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Match day ticket price

Just now, Hank Moody said:

After a last minute change of plans I decided that I would book tickets for today’s home game for me & wife. 

It was disappointing to be informed that because it was after 12:00hrs that a £3 increase per ticket would be added. A 12% increase in the price of tickets is a joke!

Due to this increase I have refused to attend on principle. With attendances dwindling surely it most be in Rovers interest to encourage fans to attend? 

Welcome to the board, this has been done to death elsewhere. "We've done all we can", the Waggott mantra. Had you gone, you may have bought one pie too many.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

After a last minute change of plans I decided that I would book tickets for today’s home game for me & wife. 

It was disappointing to be informed that because it was after 12:00hrs that a £3 increase per ticket would be added. A 12% increase in the price of tickets is a joke!

Due to this increase I have refused to attend on principle. With attendances dwindling surely it most be in Rovers interest to encourage fans to attend? 

What more is there to say.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hank Moody said:

You are preaching to the converted here my friend. You need to email the club and mark it fao Steve Waggott and ask him for the justification.

Just now, Hank Moody said:

Hopefully the powers that be at Rovers read this forum

I think there is an arrogance amongst the Rovers hierarchy and, despite protestations from fans they believe they are right. One of Waggotts briefs was to grow the fan base but he has failed miserably and one of the reasons is that he thinks he knows best. He should be setting up a task force of supporters to do brainstorming sessions and try some of the suggestions. 

I'd love to know how much his Waggott Tax has cost the club this season in lost revenue. One of the reasons I saw to justify it was that the catering could be inadequate if lots of people buy tickets late on. 

You couldn't make it up.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stuart said:

They do.

And several posters on here are part of the Fans Forum who meet face to face with club representatives.

They don’t care.

Didnt the fans forum present the idea to the club to market the post 12pm price as the actual match day ticket price, with the carrot of "save £3 on the match day ticket price if you buy before 12pm"?

So still rip the fans off, but be nice about it.

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Didnt the fans forum present the idea to the club to market the post 12pm price as the actual match day ticket price, with the carrot of "save £3 on the match day ticket price if you buy before 12pm"?

So still rip the fans off, but be nice about it.

So not quite turkeys voting for Christmas but sending Christmas cards...

Sounds like they believe this claptrap about the nightmare scenario of 5000 walk-ons turning up and creating a queue being a bad thing.

• Like 1

Waggott is chief executive of the club and apparently in control of ticketing and pricing.

Numbers through the turnstiles are dropping rapidly.

That means his policies have failed. 

Nobody really cares about numbers turning up because it's all about life on easy street.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Waggott is chief executive of the club and apparently in control of ticketing and pricing.

Numbers through the turnstiles are dropping rapidly.

That means his policies have failed. 

Nobody really cares about numbers turning up because it's all about life on easy street.

In theory it doesnt matter if nobody turns up because Venkys will pay.

If they decided to stop paying... fine by me.

22 hours ago, arbitro said:

I'd love to know how much his Waggott Tax has cost the club this season in lost revenue. One of the reasons I saw to justify it was that the catering could be inadequate if lots of people buy tickets late on. 

You couldn't make it up.

The excuse is nonsense as we know.

So when 1500 ST holders don't bother turning up there are what 800 pies going in the bin ?

Fact is, if you went for a pie and they had all gone you would shrug and go the chippy on the way home. Hardly important.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The excuse is nonsense as we know.

So when 1500 ST holders don't bother turning up there are what 800 pies going in the bin ?

Fact is, if you went for a pie and they had all gone you would shrug and go the chippy on the way home. Hardly important.

Better than throwing them all away

• Like 1