BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (h) - the Mowbray love in!

I think it is a very tough game. I can see us losing or drawing against Brentford. I think regardless a new voice is needed and as controversial as it may be, I may be willing to cash in on my favourite Rovers player being Mr.Dack to re-invest that fund into getting a new defence. If we are looking to the long term for me I think we need to see Nyambe, Lenihan at RB and CB and build from there. We have Holtby and Travis which is a good pair for the midfield, and i seriously think that Armstrong playing off the flick-ons from Gallagher could be a dangerous strike partnership. We do need a new GK though big time who i am not too sure, would almost be inclined to get Jordan Archer from Millwall as a free 

For the Brentford game i would line up.

-------------------------Walton-----------------

Nyambe--Lenihan---Williams---Bell

-----------Rothwell---Travis----Holtby------

----------------------Dack---------------------

--------------Armstrong----Gallagher/Graham

1 hour ago, philipl said:

If we play to our ability, the visiting Keeper will be MoM.

If we play like we did against Barnsley, Raya had better wrap up warm.

Either way, we will lose 0-3

I guess the only thing we can hope for is that "a bunch of southern softies" won't fancy a cold, rainy night in the North West.

8 hours ago, JoeH said:

Because I think Armstrong has great pace that we can use on the counter, much better versatility and is much more of a proven finisher so far at this club than Gallagher, Brereton and Samuel. I personally WOULD play Danny Graham, but I'm being realistic to what the manager WILL pick. And if its a choice out of the aforementioned four, then Armstrong wins it hands down every day of the week for me.

He's fasted than Gally, Breo and Samuel, he's scored more goals for us, and is much more versatile. It's nothing to be proud of I agree, but besides Graham, who won't be starting games whether you or I like it or not, Arma is the best we've got.

Having pace means nothing if you are caught offside every time.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

If Rankin Costello is a League One player - then Chapman is North West Counties level!  Chapman has been dreadful this season with an attitude that stinks.  

If Chapman is Northwest Counties level goodness know what level Gallagher is in that position. 

With apologies to the late David Bowie and Harry Chapman. To the tune of Starman:

"He had to sign someone so he picked on you

Hey that's far out 'cos you know him too 

Turned on the TV picked you up for a Bob or two

Looked out my window saw you on the right 

If you can sparkle you might play tonight

Don't tell old Mogga or he'll get you bogged down inside

There's a Starman waiting on the right

He'd like to come and meet us but he thinks he'd blow Tone's mind

We'd like the chance to see him but Mowbray thinks he's s***e

Let the Rovers use him 

Or the Club will lose him

Let all the children view him".

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If Chapman is Northwest Counties level goodness know what level Gallagher is in that position. 

With apologies to the late David Bowie and Harry Chapman. To the tune of Starman:

"He had to sign someone so he picked on you

Hey that's far out 'cos you know him too 

Turned on the TV picked you up for a Bob or two

Looked out my window saw you on the right 

If you can sparkle you might play tonight

Don't tell old Mogga or he'll get you bogged down inside

He'd like to come and meet us but he thinks he'd blow Tone's mind

We'd like the chance to see him but Mowbray thinks he's s***e

Let the Rovers use him 

Or the Club will lose him

Let all the children view him".

Good effort ?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Tony is correct in his thinking.

You know what, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you bring up your feelings on Harry Chapman on here before.....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 8

13 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I guess the only thing we can hope for is that "a bunch of southern softies" won't fancy a cold, rainy night in the North West.

Hmm, well considering we have a large Scandinavian contingency in our squad, perhaps you'll be the southern softies?

And as for Raya, he has played his part well in making us the 2nd tightest defence in this league.

Just now, Griffin said:

Hmm, well considering we have a large Scandinavian contingency in our squad, perhaps you'll be the southern softies?

And as for Raya, he has played his part well in making us the 2nd tightest defence in this league.

Oh oh, here they come. 

Oh well, makes a change from Nobbers and for some reason, Leeds fans.

Anyhow, so just how well is Raya doing down there? I didnt want him gone but he had become very erratic in the second half of the season.

Edited by JacknOry

Just now, Griffin said:

I fully expect your lot to turn us over tomorrow, in what hopefully is Mowbray's last game in charge. 

You have got yourselves a quality young keeper there and our replacement for him is odds on to gift you a goal.

I like Brentford, a club that has done things the proper way, and one that has made some very shrewd managerial choices.

And feel free to sing "You're getting sacked in the morning" to Mowbray please. 

Edited by Wegerleswiggle

43 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Tony is correct in his thinking.

The question needs asking why is this the case all of a sudden ?   Why chuck a 4 year contract at him when he was already injured and had hamstring issues before any attitude ?

Is the little git well advised like some others and fancies a nice payoff before signing somewhere else now he's fit ?

Or is it just the managers bad call ?  Do Connings players have these problems at Rovers ?

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

I fully expect your lot to turn us over tomorrow, in what hopefully is Mowbray's last game in charge. 

You have got yourselves a quality young keeper there and our replacement for him is odds on to gift you a goal.

I like Brentford, a club that has done things the proper way, and one that has made some very shrewd managerial choices.

And feel free to sing "You're getting sacked in the morning" to Mowbray please. 

Yet we will only be 3 points behind them if we win. 

I think the piece on Raya is very "grass is greener". Look back through match threads from last season and you will see plenty about him being responsible for us conceding goals.