BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (h) - the Mowbray love in!

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

'We believe we can beat the Bees' is not the sort of headline I want to see on the club website before a game. We are playing Brentford, and whilst recent performances suggest we will struggle against anyone you might think we were playing Barcelona or Bayern Munich rather than a midtable 2nd division side to whom Mowbray sold our keeper because he was a liability.

Think obviously because they are top of form table as you know, won 5/6 is pretty decent in this league, just wondering what the web site should say, (we are going to hammer them) (should win easily) what do you realistically think they should say, knowing it’s going to be a tough game. They are a very decent side especially away from home, but we aren’t too bad at home, should be a close game.

mowbrays rhetoric is the problem,he comes across as negative and tactically handicapped,if he speaks to the players like he does to the press then it`s no surprise they don`t put 100% in for him,i don`t like the sly digs in the media  at some of the younger players either,i.e rothwell,chapman and travis,he never criticises bennett,who is one the squads weaker players

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Conversely, surely if they played at the expense of our best player and only goal threat, the pressure would only increase?

Gallagher has had plenty of chances this season, hes started 14 out of 17 times, more often than not up front, and ultimately has been really poor in all but 1 game. Brereton hasnt had that amount of chances but when he did play last season he looked, if it was for any other team, laughably out of place. Dack scored 2 goals in the last game, dropping him would be ridiculous.

We are playing 8th place Brentford at home, yes they are in good form but theres no way we should be writing a game like that off. I dont understand how only in November, and yes I personally think that theres a large chance that the season could fizzle out, but that we can treat tomorrow as anything other than a "must-win" game, its not like near the end of last season when our fate was mathematically certain and we was experimenting.

I and many others have paid money to turn up tomorrow on a cold Wednesday night on the assumption that the manager will at least try his best and put his best side out to try and win the game. For all his flaws and misguided opinions id like to think he is putting a little more importance on a potential win than you seem to be doing.

The one thing Gallagher hasn't had is chances he feeds off nothing or is shunted wide, any creativity in the team is shut down

4 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

What a strange article.

“There’s one or two after the weekend who are having tests, but I’m not going to tell you which ones and give the plans away," he revealed to iFollow Rovers ahead of the game.

In other words, I haven't decided whos turn it is to play on Wednesday yet...

“We’ll see if they can get through training today and we’ll pick a team that we think can be really competitive and try to get another three points.

He says this every week, why is it so tough for our players to "get through training" ?

“[Joe] Rothwell’s one of those players and there’s one or two others to be honest. We’ll see.

Ah yes,  of course he is. As predicted right at the start of the thread, Rothwell's next start is currently pencilled in for New Years Day.

Another one - 

“I don’t want to build Brentford up because I really believe that we can beat them"

Then goes on to say...

“But they’ve won five of the last six, scoring three at Wigan, three at QPR, three somewhere else as well.

“They’re a decent football team who have some very good individual threats, particularly with [Said] Benrahma and [Ollie] Watkins, who can hurt you," he added.

“They have a lot of foreign players who a lot of people wouldn’t have heard of, but they’re very technical, very talented and move the ball around well.

“They’re organised and can pick you off. It’s a test for us and a good challenge for us. At home we can beat anyone on our day, so let’s hope Wednesday is our day."

Tony Mowbray is such an oddball manager, I just can't understand him at all.

We called the Rothwell one didn't we.  Same as Holtby, MoM, pulled early then sat for next game.  ToMo gotta go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Husky said:

Is there any special reason why we are playing on a Wednesday? From memory we seem to have played most of our recent midweek games on a Tuesday.

At least we get to enjoy tonight for once.

Our lovely owners have been trawling the www and have discovered tomorrow is "Lancashire Day", yes the 27th November.....they want to celebrate all that is great about the county Palatine of Lancaster! Or Waggott has looked at the weather forecast and seen there will be less walk-ons? Here's to TM having a light bulb moment and playing all the right players, in all the right places (nod to Eric M). Anyway please celebrate our wonderful county tomorrow, proud to be a Rover, proud to be born a Lancastrian. Welcome all adoptees!

2 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

The one thing Gallagher hasn't had is chances he feeds off nothing or is shunted wide, any creativity in the team is shut down

I'm not buying that. He looks incapable of making a chance for himself,  technically he looks below average,  he's never heard of keeping the ball close to his feet whilst running, bangs it 5 yards and tries running after it with limited pace and I've seen milk turn quicker.  He's a 1 in 12 centre forward and we are lumbered. Mowbray Out. Venkys Out!

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I'm not buying that. He looks incapable of making a chance for himself,  technically he looks below average,  he's never heard of keeping the ball close to his feet whilst running, bangs it 5 yards and tries running after it with limited pace and I've seen milk turn quicker.  He's a 1 in 12 centre forward and we are lumbered. Mowbray Out. Venkys Out!

he`s a centre forward,albeit a limited one,unless you put him up front with another striker he`s not going to show us anything,it`s a mystery as to why mowbray signed him because we all know the man is terrified of actually attacking,having signed brereton i can`t understand shelling out 5 million quid on him,bizarely we have a plethora of strikers but rely on long balls to a midget (armstrong)

1 hour ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Our lovely owners have been trawling the www and have discovered tomorrow is "Lancashire Day", yes the 27th November.....they want to celebrate all that is great about the county Palatine of Lancaster! Or Waggott has looked at the weather forecast and seen there will be less walk-ons? Here's to TM having a light bulb moment and playing all the right players, in all the right places (nod to Eric M). Anyway please celebrate our wonderful county tomorrow, proud to be a Rover, proud to be born a Lancastrian. Welcome all adoptees!

I propose a toast........."The Queen....The Duke of Lancaster"

M1st will know what I mean.?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Mowbray keeping the names of the other injured players under wraps...

I'm havin a pound on Lenihan and then depending whoever the tombola doesn't pick.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18060687.four-five-fitness-concerns-rovers-ahead-brentford/

Nyambe is better...well he would be...there was nothing wrong with him.

Rothwell dropped.

You'd think no-one else ever got injuries or strains. Run of the mill injury niggles must be absolutely common place and most ex pros seem to be of the opinion that a player is only at 100% fitness for half a dozen games or so a season yet these seem to being held up in advance as a reason why we won't be able to compete with Brentford and if we get any sort of result it's being built up as though it would be some sort of minor miracle.

It's absolutely pathetic. The only reference to injuries should be a brief comment that we have a couple of injury concerns and we won't be able to finalise the line up until the outcome of those is known.

We have a squad for a reason and there shouldn't be the slightest suggestion that one or two injuries will lessen our chances in the game.

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s a centre forward,albeit a limited one,unless you put him up front with another striker he`s not going to show us anything,it`s a mystery as to why mowbray signed him because we all know the man is terrified of actually attacking,having signed brereton i can`t understand shelling out 5 million quid on him,bizarely we have a plethora of strikers but rely on long balls to a midget (armstrong)

Very few teams dont play with more than one striker so thats not an excuse.  And playing 2 strikers would mean dropping our best player and only goal threat. Dack is a second striker and he manages to score goals.

Very few teams dont play with more than one striker so thats not an excuse.  And playing 2 strikers would mean dropping our best player and only goal threat. Dack is a second striker and he manages to score goals.

well get dack closer to gallagher,play him in a free role just off the main striker,finding space and benefitting off the knockdowns,it`s all about having a positive outlook,id`e play with two wingers with two overlapping full backs,providing the wingers track back and cover whenever,we`ve got players to mind the shop while we`re going forward,the way we play at the moment is directionless,the lads don`t know their job and their all played out of position which renders us completely disjointed,you can`t tell me you enjoy watching mowbrays style of football??we can`t defend so what does he does,he has us defensive all the time

2 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

that's my exactly point. We DONT created chances for our number 9 at all. I did try to make this point to @roversfan99 earlier today. Not sure if he agree or disagree

well get dack closer to gallagher,play him in a free role just off the main striker,finding space and benefitting off the knockdowns,it`s all about having a positive outlook,id`e play with two wingers with two overlapping full backs,providing the wingers track back and cover whenever,we`ve got players to mind the shop while we`re going forward,the way we play at the moment is directionless,the lads don`t know their job and their all played out of position which renders us completely disjointed,you can`t tell me you enjoy watching mowbrays style of football??we can`t defend so what does he does,he has us defensive all the time

I certainly dont enjoy watching Mowbrays football but continuing to play Sam Gallagher will not help.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

that's my exactly point. We DONT created chances for our number 9 at all. I did try to make this point to @roversfan99 earlier today. Not sure if he agree or disagree

We are hardly a creative conveyer belt but look at @Sparks Rovers post which shares my views. Dack scores loads of goals inside the box, poachers goals, tap ins, because he comes alive in the box, he can anticipate potential chances, scraps, he can sniff out goals. Graham is the same. Gallagher rarely gets himself into goalscoring positions, he doesnt have a strikers instinct, he is not a good finisher technically, good strikers have chances because they get in the right positions and they make chances for themselves by doing that. Gallagher is a poor striker and a stupid signing.

• Like 1

lets put it concisely,gallagher is 6" 5,why would you put a player who looks like he should be playing in the back row for st helens on the wing,he should be wreaking havoc on centre backs with someone playing off him,it`s unfair to criticise him when mowbray continually makes him look bad with his godforsaken team selections

• Like 1

I certainly dont enjoy watching Mowbrays football but continuing to play Sam Gallagher will not help.

Gallagher's a poor player imo who is never going to be a prolific scorer  but if he is to have any chance at all and at least make a bit of a nuisance of himself he needs to be down the middle.

Ditto Brereton  I  actually think he would offer a lot more than Gallagher if he was given a decent run up front but he's never been given a proper chance in that position and seems to have disappeared off Mowbray's radar altogether.

• Like 1

I might be wrong but I remember Gallagher playing up front more than on the wing this season, history is being re written that he is solely being played out wide.

do you actually go to the games??,he`s been played up front once,against preston and hey presto he scored twice!!!!!!!!!!does that not tell you something

do you actually go to the games??,he`s been played up front once,against preston and hey presto he scored twice!!!!!!!!!!does that not tell you something

You know times are desperate when you're allocating own goals to your underperforming strikers to make them look better.

• Like 3

Yes I do. He was central v Charlton, Fulham, Reading, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, West Brom, Birmingham, Forest, Luton and Preston. (you accidentally typed twice instead of once) I dont think Ive misremembered any of those but my memory may be playing tricks on me.

kind of get the idea if gallagher scored 20 goals a season(unlikely in the extreme i know) you`de still slate him,why not fire your ire at bennett,armstrong or "i don`t know where to stand on the pitch " nyambe,at the end of the day,it`s mowbray and his cracked idea of football thats to blame

You're right to a degree, Bennett is probably the worst option at RB I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt, Walton is one of the worst keepers I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt and Armstrong constantly looks out of his depth up front.

However none of that makes Gallagher a good'un!  Unfortunately.

kind of get the idea if gallagher scored 20 goals a season(unlikely in the extreme i know) you`de still slate him,why not fire your ire at bennett,armstrong or "i don`t know where to stand on the pitch " nyambe,at the end of the day,it`s mowbray and his cracked idea of football thats to blame

Your argument is becoming very strawman. As a paying season ticket holder who spends time and money supporting my team, please explain how it is in my best interests for him not to succeed. Id love him to score 20 goals but its not going to happen.

Bennett and Armstrong along with Gallagher are the 3 players I and many others repeatedly criticise Mowbray for blindly selecting, im fully aware he is the one to blame.