BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (h) - the Mowbray love in!

• Backroom

Whilst Brereton didn’t do anything of huge note when he came on the most telling sign we need a new main man up top came in the first half 

Rothwell set off at a swuillion miles an hour and took it past 3 players and then played it to Graham just outside the box and continued his run, Graham’s let’s couldn’t work fast enough and allowed them to get back and snuff it out 

Graham looked like a player who hasnt been playing enough football, hes bound to be rusty. But hes the perfect foil, he holds the ball up so well, Mowbray said the other day he doesnt want to play him as we struggle to get up the pitch with him but the opposite is true. He did well and we are a different team when he plays.

• Like 2

I might well be his biggest critic but well done tonight Tony. All we can ask of him is that he keeps that same 11 for Saturday. Don't change anything until we start losing or due to injuries. 

A Joe Rothwell that scores goals could easily be a Premier League player.

Armstrong had his best game of the season.

Evans must have had his Irish shirt on underneath.

Defence worked as a unit led by the inspirational Lenihan.

Loved every minute of that performance. 

When January comes I genuinely believe we are only a keeper, a centre half and a left back away from a quality team.

Don't piss about with this formula now please Tony. It works!! 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

I’m sure one day, Stuart, you will take it on yourself to give our manager a little bit of credit for actually winning a football match!

Your extremely condescending comments that he is finally doing what you want in terms of selection and tactics does you no favours.

Your description of “ tombola Tony” is rather insulting. He and his staff plan each game using the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and Stoke away may well see changes.

Let’s enjoy tonight. I am still optimistic about our season.

Tombola Tony is based on fact. His idiotic selections have been an 'effing joke and have cost us dearly. Who'd have thought that a balanced team of players in their actual positions would bode well?

Well, the majority of us on here actually.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

We would not a goal scoring machine up top to be really dangerous, sorry to say I think Graham’s race is run 

True. Mowbray correctly conceded we needed a new main striker, the trouble was he wasted the funds on the willing but basically talentless Gallagher.

• Like 3

Fair play to TM who picked a side to do a job on Brentford and did it well, as they are the form side in this division. Thought all the players were really up for it with determination, tackling and pressing, with some excellent moves on and off the ball.

Hopefully we can play the same side on Saturday and just do the same, and get a result against Stoke.

Brave of the manager to select Evans who had a decent game, don’t think many fans would have played him, but apart from a couple of slips in the second half he did a good job.

Rothwell seems to be getting the message, more direct with an end product of decent passing  in the danger area, but should have scored with the one on one with Raya, but deserved MOM.

Looks like Nyambe has got his R/b spot back, looked very assured, hope he’s fit for Sat.

Even though Brentford had more possession, thought we played some really good football and deserved the win, hopefully found a blend and sticks to it, but you can never second guess TM, hopefully plays same again and see where it takes us.

• Like 1

Good win and welcome too but Mowbray has sprung these surprise wins and even had good runs many times before and it is more than likely on past performances that tonight will be followed by several drab defeats. . Sorry to be a party pooper and all that but the optimism from tonight won't last. We're a mid table team with a middling manager going neither up nor down 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

Getting way ahead of myself but say we were still in the mix come January for a playoff, I think if we were to follow the villa  model of last year we would need to do some highly ambitious loan moves, they transformed their team with mings and Abraham. I reckon Dwight Gayle on loan could be our Abraham, don’t know where the mings defender would come from. Reckon we already have our grealish in dack and mcginn in travis. 
nonsence post I know just spraying my mind. None of this will happen 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Getting way ahead of myself but say we were still in the mix come January for a playoff, I think if we were to follow the villa  model of last year we would need to do some highly ambitious loan moves, they transformed their team with mings and Abraham. I reckon Dwight Gayle on loan could be our Abraham, don’t know where the mings defender would come from. Reckon we already have our grealish in dack and mcginn in travis. 

I’m hoping these scouting trips to Europe that Mowbrays been on about, bare some fruit in January.

• Like 1

Those saying Graham is done - i'm not so sure. Sure, he cannot play the full 90 or maybe 2 matches in a week but I just thought he was a bit rusty. As a focal point he is still at 35 much better than anything else that we have. This is rather damning when you think we have splashed out 15 million on strikers but for me, DG needs to have a run of games with SG or BB coming on to replace him for the last 25/20 - ease them in with 'heavy 'coaching' (lol) rather than ease him out.

Also damning is that a 35-year old Downing showed Bell how to play LB despite it not being his preferred position. Put some dangerous balls into the box and never hid from the ball like Bell does. Think he showed stay there for the time being until we can (if we can believe TM) pick up a new LB in January. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

I’m sure one day, Stuart, you will take it on yourself to give our manager a little bit of credit for actually winning a football match!

Your extremely condescending comments that he is finally doing what you want in terms of selection and tactics does you no favours.

Your description of “ tombola Tony” is rather insulting. He and his staff plan each game using the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and Stoke away may well see changes.

Let’s enjoy tonight. I am still optimistic about our season.

You really are so far removed from the reality of Rovers, it’s unreal. No way can you be a regular attendee - if you go at all.

Your “extremely condescending comments” that “he and his staff plan each game using strengths and weakness of the opposition” is a very poor defence and a damning with feint praise. The worst part is you are probably right. Such a shame that he doesn’t plan using the strengths and weaknesses of Rovers or we might be where we need to be in the table instead of inconsistently bouncing around the bottom half.

Having been largely united around Mowbray taken us as far as we can, a couple of wins and once again all is forgiven for some.

Funny though, isn’t it. We play with the right personnel, the way “I want” as you so cleverly put it, and we win. But of course that’s a bad thing! WTAF? Sounds like you would rather we lost by picking the wrong players each week just so that you can live in a world where I’m never right? What a stupid opinion to take where your distain for me is more important than wanting Rovers to win football matches.

Edited by Stuart

Can't see TM playing such an attacking line up(in terms of personnel) Vs Stoke in an away game. For me, that's a pity, as I think that's a major criticism of his management at Rovers.

There's no reason to alter the 11 at all.. Brentford had all the possession, so we played it like an away performance anyway.

We'll have to see.

Edited by Nelsonthedog
Error

8 hours ago, Lihamylly said:

37/63 possession and 7 vs 16 in goal attemps and like against Barnsley, we were the home team. Our new strategy is to be sneaky bastards? ?

Which only proves what nonsense stats are. Having been at Ewood last night I'd have put poessesion at 50/50 or perhaps 45/55. Brentford as far as I can recall had four shots on target - one hit crossbar, one very close to the top corner with Walton beaten, one saved by Walton, one kicked off the line. Equally Rovers had four chances and scored with the best move of the game - our best goal in a very long time.

An excellent and absorbing game in which both sides played very well. In truth I didn't want to go but last night proved, again, a simple truth I've always known - as a fan you just have to keep turning up. It's impossible to predict when your team will be awful and when they will be very good.

We were deservedly the better side last night against a very good Brentford side.

• Like 3

What a great result for our Rovers and a very important victory as well about pur perfprmance well...it was a very closed match i knew the difference will be by only one goal in match Blackburn ran and tried all match long they press very well to southern dikheads and we did it very well now next step is to make that performance cpuld last the entire 90 minutes...
About Tony well he picked the correct players and teally jope we just saw finnally the regular 11 players even when i used to rather Johnson i have to say that Travis still improving and taking every chance as he has to shown his talent so i hope Saturdays match we can see something like this again...Come On You Rovers!!!
#COYBBR
#ImRoversTillIDie
#TheMexicanRover 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Still some odd comments:

TM on going with Nyambe (who came off with cramp): “We played him because I think Benrahma is one of the best players in the division, he’s a special talent. When you set Nyambe a challenge to stop someone he’s pretty good at it. I’m delighted for him and for the team.” #Rovers

So Nyambe plays to stop one of the best players in the league, then why can’t he play every week?

Totally agree on his point in Nyambe nullifying Benrahma ably assisted by Evans who dropped in front to stop him receiving the ball.

However, your last point hits the nail on the head.

5 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I agree with the first five words! Two/three weeks ago we're all looking down and counting up points, now we're all doing the same looking up. When will we all learn that we're a set in stone mid table side. We'll win four then lose four another half dozen times this season. In January we'll be looking back down again, March back up. Come May we'll be about 15th again and they'll repeat all the same mistakes of the last window next summer! The Blackburn Rovers cycle.

Enjoy it for what it is but let's not get carried away with a win at home to Brentford. Much improved team selection and performance levels. Will it be a watershed moment for Mowbray? Probably not. We've been here before. Too many false dawns. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nelsonthedog said:

Can't see TM playing such an attacking line up(in terms of personnel) Vs Stoke in an away game. For me, that's a pity, as I think that's a major criticism of his management at Rovers.

There's no reason to alter the 11 at all.. Brentford had all the possession, so we played it like an away performance anyway.

We'll have to see.

I feel that there's justification in altering the line-up. Each game is different and Stoke are probably still the most physical side in this division. Danny Batth, Lee Gregory, Nick Powell - they've got a very direct approach. We need to be able to compete physically. Need to retain the Evans &Travis ball winning midfield for me though, and Downing (the 35 winger) is twice the left back Bell is. Tough one because last night is near our perfect XI, but Stoke an entirely different beast and it would be naive to try and go with the exact same tactic and expect it to work. But you never know.

Just now, Amo said:

Enjoy it for what it is but let's not get carried away with a win at home to Brentford. Much improved team selection and performance levels. Will it be a watershed moment for Mowbray? Probably not. We've been here before. Too many false dawns. 

I think it is a watershed moment. Will also beat Stoke. Like the Oldham game, it became a changing point. But sadly it didn’t last long!

It’s a funny old game. TM has a habit of pulling out a succession of victories just when he needs them. Three wins out of four now and three straight victories at home. 

Didn't see the game, unfortunately, but sounds like our best performance of the season so far. Our starting line up before the match looked well balanced, with players in their correct positions (aside from Downing, but I’d take him there over Bell) and that turned out to be the case on the pitch.

Breathing space from the bottom 3 and small hopes of a top 6 push reignited. Personally think we’ll finish in a similar position to last season, not a lot has changed. 

• Like 2

Just now, JoeH said:

I feel that there's justification in altering the line-up. Each game is different and Stoke are probably still the most physical side in this division. Danny Batth, Lee Gregory, Nick Powell - they've got a very direct approach. We need to be able to compete physically. Need to retain the Evans &Travis ball winning midfield for me though, and Downing (the 35 winger) is twice the left back Bell is. Tough one because last night is near our perfect XI, but Stoke an entirely different beast and it would be naive to try and go with the exact same tactic and expect it to work. But you never know.

I can see Bennett playing to be honest.. I can hear the groans at that one.