BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (h) - the Mowbray love in!

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i dare not even think of about this one,brentford are a very good side quite capable of taking us to the cleaners?odds on that rothwell will have developed a "knock",travis will dropped for evans,johnson replacing holtby and gallagher on the bench

Well Mowbray was bigging Barnsley up massively yesterday on the radio. I shudder to think what sort of fanfare Brentford will get !

Mowbray succeeded in convincing people that our defensive woes last season were down to Raya and Mulgrew. So with that in mind I suspect he will know all about Raya's many weaknesses and will have a plan to exploit those.

Or we'll just be the same as usual and have 1 shot on target.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Tosin Bell

Travis  Downing

Armstrong Dack Rothwell

Graham

On what planet do Bennett and Armstrong deserve to maintain their places? Nyambe and Holtby every day for me, Holtby back in a more advanced position.

Walton is a flip of a coin with an equally incompetent Leutweiler.

Bell cant play either, massively hamstrung with him, but sadly we dont seem to have an alternative. Benrahama if he plays on that side will have a field day.

Sadly, Mowbray will pick most of if not all of his teachers pets, Gallagher, Armstrong and Bennett.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

On what planet do Bennett and Armstrong deserve to maintain their places? Nyambe and Holtby every day for me, Holtby back in a more advanced position.

Walton is a flip of a coin with an equally incompetent Leutweiler.

Bell cant play either, massively hamstrung with him, but sadly we dont seem to have an alternative. Benrahama if he plays on that side will have a field day.

Sadly, Mowbray will pick most of if not all of his teachers pets, Gallagher, Armstrong and Bennett.

Well Nyambe is out ill isnt he? 

Armstrong plays wide not up front on his own. 

Bell is our only left back fit so if you dont want him then who plays left back? 

Time we went back to basics..defence well and keep a clean sheet

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Bell is our only left back fit so if you dont want him then who plays left back? 

Ive no idea, Id presume and hope not baring in mind its not until Wednesday. If hes fit, surely he starts, the useless teachers pet is dropped?

He has played wide almost exclusively for the last 18 months and has been shit 90% of the time.

Like I said, we dont really have an alternative so we have the useless Bell.

Easier said than done when the players arent very good and the manager cant organise defences. Brentford dont score many but dont concede many either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Plenty of high ball crosses for Raya to drop

Except as I said at the time of his sale the sole reason was a lack of good coaching. Rays actually looks a worldie at minute and as I’ve said he will be a PL goalie soon. 

Meanwhile Walton gets worse week on week the more time he trains and spends at Blackburn. 

Why do you think that happens? What could be the correlation I wonder? ?

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Think Nyambe will be back, 4 flights to get back last week from international duty,  more jet lag than ill, tough game, settle for 4 points from next 2 games, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Plenty of high ball crosses for Raya to drop

He won't reach Bennett's crosses unless he grows to 15 feet high.

Just now, unsall said:

Think Nyambe will be back, 4 flights to get back last week from international duty,  more jet lag than ill, tough game, settle for 4 points from next 2 games, 

Travel fatigue quite possibly. No jet lag from Africa. I hope he is back in the team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not for me. We need one wide player to stay wide like Ripley did in the 90's. We dont want to be too narrow

But Armstrong is ineffective no matter where he plays almost everytime he plays. 

Width is something that people try to downplay but it is still effective. But Armstrong isnt even a winger, our only winger is the disused Chapman.

• Like 1