BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (h) - the Mowbray love in!

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yet we will only be 3 points behind them if we win. 

I think the piece on Raya is very "grass is greener". Look back through match threads from last season and you will see plenty about him being responsible for us conceding goals. 

Oh I remember him being at fault for goals, but I also recall him saving our arses many times. Something I just can't envisage Walton doing. 

I know which one of the 2 I would want behind me if I was in the Rovers team.

• Like 3

Raya has surprised the Brentford fans, most didn't see him as an improvement on Bentley who we sold to Bristol City, but especially after his save Saturday he is a fans favourite (atm). It's a tight league and as often quoted "anyone can beat anyone" even when we're on a form run, just park the bus and we'll struggle, play football and we'll rip you a new one :)

If we park the bus we'll still give you a goal or two we are very generous like that.  Play football and i wouldn't be so confident, it's our managers lack of faith in his players to actually let them do that that is part of the problem.

We'll still concede but we might get 3 !!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Griffin said:

Raya has surprised the Brentford fans, most didn't see him as an improvement on Bentley who we sold to Bristol City, but especially after his save Saturday he is a fans favourite (atm). It's a tight league and as often quoted "anyone can beat anyone" even when we're on a form run, just park the bus and we'll struggle, play football and we'll rip you a new one :)

We can't do either

Just now, Griffin said:

What happens when we run around like headless chickens, neither parking the bus, as we'd only crash it nor trying to play football as we have Midfielders in defence, strikers on the wing and wingers up front!! Then add a manager wandering up and down with his hands in his pockets, looking at Mark Penus for inspiration! 

Just now, tomphil said:

Why chuck a 4 year contract at him when he was already injured and had hamstring issues before any attitude ?

I think it was a 2 and a half year deal he signed, so his contract will be up at the end of next season.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

Oh I remember him being at fault for goals, but I also recall him saving our arses many times. Something I just can't envisage Walton doing. 

I know which one of the 2 I would want behind me if I was in the Rovers team.

Walton saved a penalty against Hull earlier in the season. His handling from crosses is far better. My heart was in my mouth when Raya played. A lot of rose tinted hindsight with Raya. Great shot stopper,but regularly made blunders. 

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I think it was a 2 and a half year deal he signed, so his contract will be up at the end of next season.

Ah, well even so still a gamble but if the idea was get him fit well he is so the next step is give him a go surely. Nothing to lose it might sort his attitude a bit and if not well the window is approaching. Seeing him fit might tempt some club to throw their hat in the ring for his services.

TM would rather have Samuel etc on the bench though, senior favs.

• Like 1

Leutwiler

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Williams

Chapman Travis Johnson Rothwell

Brereton Gallagher

Classic 4-4-2. Give Chapman and Rothwell license to pepper the box.

Time for the front two to earn their bacon. Bring on Dack/Graham when it goes pear-shaped.

Just now, Amo said:

Leutwiler

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Williams

Chapman Travis Johnson Rothwell

Brereton Gallagher

Classic 4-4-2. Give Chapman and Rothwell license to pepper the box.

Time for the front two to earn their bacon. Bring on Dack/Graham when it goes pear-shaped.

Is that front 2 a genuine suggestion? To drop by far and away our best goal player and scorer, as well as continuining to leave out our only competent striker to play them 2?

You would also have to imagine that Downing will play after his impact on Saturday.

Williams is injured, goalkeeping wise I think its flip of a coin as both are dreadful.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Is that front 2 a genuine suggestion?  

Half-serious.

I'm fed up of seeing £12m wasted on the bench or playing in the wrong position. I'd give them at least the first 45 and ensure we have the players to give them the service. With Dack, Graham, Holtby and Downing on the bench there's plenty of options to turn it around.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The question needs asking why is this the case all of a sudden ?   Why chuck a 4 year contract at him when he was already injured and had hamstring issues before any attitude ?

Is the little git well advised like some others and fancies a nice payoff before signing somewhere else now he's fit ?

Or is it just the managers bad call ?  Do Connings players have these problems at Rovers ?

Along with Johnson apparently having attitude issues as well TM isn't doing great at judging characters...

34 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Walton saved a penalty against Hull earlier in the season. His handling from crosses is far better. My heart was in my mouth when Raya played. A lot of rose tinted hindsight with Raya. Great shot stopper,but regularly made blunders. 

Disagree that Raya is worse. Regardless of how good he was he had a lot of potential and could develop into a very good player. That's not going to happen to Walton imo and even if it did it'd be long after he is with us and we won't benefit. 

Incidentally had we better than terrible full backs in particular I do wonder how much of a problem Raya's issues with crosses would still be. 

You do not flip from bad to good overnight - clearly he wasn't performing to his potential at Ewood and the question is why. I suspect that's another black mark against our manager and coaching team. 

Again though, we really shouldn't be having conversations about which Rovers keeper is worse. Speaks volumes about our situation. 

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

Hmm, well considering we have a large Scandinavian contingency in our squad, perhaps you'll be the southern softies?

And as for Raya, he has played his part well in making us the 2nd tightest defence in this league.

Second rate goalie for a second rate club.  How dare you come on here with your completely empty trophy cabinet from all time and try take the piss....feckin tin pot club

• Like 3

People are focusing too much criticism on Walton. Lets not forget that since Cunningham got injured Bell and Williams have been left back, both of who I really thought I would never see there again after last season. Lenihan got injured again and Bennett whilst doing his best, is not a natural right back. I would really hope Walton doesn't become a fans scapegoat now as our fans seems to do with regularity. He comes across as a good guy in his interviews who wants to do his best for the club. He is low in confidence it seems, but it hasn't been all bad with him. 

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

You know what, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you bring up your feelings on Harry Chapman on here before.....

I haven't started a conversation about him for over a week. He's clearly the topic of hot discussion! Should I not get involved? ;) 

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

Being told by a Brentford fan that they'll "rip us a new one" is about as depressing as it gets, not least as it's true. 

7 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Might be worth a few quid!!

Screenshot_20191126-104838.png

Those odds don't add up to me. How is Mowbray almost the same odds as Bowyer? Well maybe they realize that Venkys won't sack him, because Bowyer is having an amazing season I would say. Allowing for the fact they are on a bad run. I think their fans to a man or woman would have taken where they are now. 

On a semi related side note, I find Jones odds surprising too. I don't get why a League 1 club would sack a manager who has a team in with a fighting chance of survival. I mean what more would Luton expect this season? 

I would say Cook is on very thin ice. I wonder who they would go for. Please nobody say they would take Cook here. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Those odds don't add up to me. How is Mowbray almost the same odds as Bowyer? Well maybe they realize that Venkys won't sack him, because Bowyer is having an amazing season I would say. Allowing for the fact they are on a bad run. I think their fans to a man or woman would have taken where they are now. 

On a semi related side note, I find Jones odds surprising too. I don't get why a League 1 club would sack a manager who has a team in with a fighting chance of survival. I mean what more would Luton expect this season? 

I would say Cook is on very thin ice. I wonder who they would go for. Please nobody say they would take Cook here. 

Aren't Charlton about to be taken over? Makes sense that Bowyer would be at risk with a new owner. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Second rate goalie for a second rate club.  How dare you come on here with your completely empty trophy cabinet from all time and try take the piss....feckin tin pot club

Ooops have I accidentally posted on the Leeds forum here (backs slowly away whilst bowing)

• Like 1