BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (h) - the Mowbray love in!

2 hours ago, Amo said:

Half-serious.

I'm fed up of seeing £12m wasted on the bench or playing in the wrong position. I'd give them at least the first 45 and ensure we have the players to give them the service. With Dack, Graham, Holtby and Downing on the bench there's plenty of options to turn it around.

Gallagher has played at least half of his games up front. Repeatedly offering no goal threat. Why would we drop our best player and our only competent striker at the cost of our goal threat to attempt tp justify price tags. Makes no sense. Dack and Graham, and 9 others.

54 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

People are focusing too much criticism on Walton. Lets not forget that since Cunningham got injured Bell and Williams have been left back, both of who I really thought I would never see there again after last season. Lenihan got injured again and Bennett whilst doing his best, is not a natural right back. I would really hope Walton doesn't become a fans scapegoat now as our fans seems to do with regularity. He comes across as a good guy in his interviews who wants to do his best for the club. He is low in confidence it seems, but it hasn't been all bad with him. 

Scapegoat is an unfair tag, he gets no stick at games but he gets criticism because hes repeatedly a particular weak point. But no one is attacking his character and ultimately people can see that hes not good enough. Hes been directly responsible for 4 goals in 6 games and has also made mistakes that hes got away with, for example v Boro when he tried to claim, totally misjuded it (again) and they could only hit the post.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Gallagher has played at least half of his games up front. Repeatedly offering no goal threat. Why would we drop our best player and our only competent striker at the cost of our goal threat to attempt tp justify price tags.

offering no goal threat? hasn't he scored 3 goals so far. 

How many chances have we actually created for? 

2 hours ago, Griffin said:

Raya has surprised the Brentford fans, most didn't see him as an improvement on Bentley who we sold to Bristol City, but especially after his save Saturday he is a fans favourite (atm). It's a tight league and as often quoted "anyone can beat anyone" even when we're on a form run, just park the bus and we'll struggle, play football and we'll rip you a new one :)

We aren’t capable of either

enjoy your trip and three points

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

offering no goal threat? hasn't he scored 3 goals so far. 

How many chances have we actually created for? 

In the league, 1. In the cup, 1. So 2.

He never gets into goalscoring positions, he cant anticipate where the ball will drop. Dack has 7 goals and all seem to be poachers goals. 

Either way you are just playing devils advocate as your team has Graham and Dack up top if im not mistaken.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

If we park the bus we'll still give you a goal or two we are very generous like that.  Play football and i wouldn't be so confident, it's our managers lack of faith in his players to actually let them do that that is part of the problem.

We'll still concede but we might get 3 !!!!

This side and manager are incapable of parking the bus.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

In the league, 1. In the cup, 1. So 2.

He never gets into goalscoring positions, he cant anticipate where the ball will drop. Dack has 7 goals and all seem to be poachers goals. 

Either way you are just playing devils advocate as your team has Graham and Dack up top if im not mistaken.

we don't created chances for him. simple as. 

2 in the league and 1 in the cup

• Like 1

we don't created chances for him. simple as. 

2 in the league and 1 in the cup

One was an own goal. And even so given "both" were in one game - a game some would say is his only good game - it hardly shouts out that he's been a raging success. We don't create yet Dack has 7, he doesn't create anything for himself and he doesn't link up the play like Graham. So what has he actually offered above not being as bad as Bereton? 

Armstrong by comparison has a couple of goals too. I think he doesn't offer enough either. There's a number who need calling out for being poor offensively, Gally included. 

Fwiw I think there is a player buried deep in there but we need a new manager with a big shovel to get it out in the open. So far he has been very uninspiring. 

Just now, Blue blood said:

One was an own goal. And even so given "both" were in one game - a game some would say is his only good game - it hardly shouts out that he's been a raging success. We don't create yet Dack has 7, he doesn't create anything for himself and he doesn't link up the play like Graham. So what has he actually offered above not being as bad as Bereton? 

Armstrong by comparison has a couple of goals too. I think he doesn't offer enough either. There's a number who need calling out for being poor offensively, Gally included. 

Fwiw I think there is a player buried deep in there but we need a new manager with a big shovel to get it out in the open. So far he has been very uninspiring. 

I would say Preston game was his best game. Yes we created that game for him. We dont seem to created too many chances for the number 9 striker imo. 

Dack is different class. Has that poacher ability

Just now, OJRovers said:

He doesn’t make chances for other people either, which is his job on the wing.

Hes not a winger tho..hes a striker. 

I would say Preston game was his best game. Yes we created that game for him. We dont seem to created too many chances for the number 9 striker imo. 

Dack is different class. Has that poacher ability

Hes not a winger tho..hes a striker. 

That Preston game was the only game he has been anything other than poor to be honest.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Gallagher has played at least half of his games up front. Repeatedly offering no goal threat. Why would we drop our best player and our only competent striker at the cost of our goal threat to attempt tp justify price tags. Makes no sense. Dack and Graham, and 9 others.

Obviously, I know what you're saying but what do we do with our £12m strike-force? Watch them depreciate in value on the bench? It's not like either of them are impact players. We don't have that much to lose in this game. Brereton seems to prefer playing off the last defender, that's why I'd play Rothwell & Chapman as wingers to stretch the opposition, instead of playing everything through Dack in the middle.

Like I said, if it's not working after 45mins, call in the cavalry.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 1

Just now, Amo said:

Obviously, I know what you're saying but what do we do with our £12m strike-force? Watch them depreciate in value on the bench? It's not like either of them are impact players. We don't have that much to lose in this game. Brereton seems to prefer playing off the last defender, that's why I'd play Rothwell & Chapman as wingers to stretch the opposition, instead of playing everything through Dack in the middle.

Like I said, if it's not working after 45mins, call in the cavalry.

Why dont we have much to lose in this game? Its an important game.

I think the value of them 2 players is far lower already than what we paid. Ultimately Gallagher has played many times this season and not impressed at all bar for one half. I dont understand how he deserves another game ahead of Dack or Graham. Brereton has never shown any glimpses to suggest he should be thrown in tomorrow ahead of 2 proven performers.

It is very difficult to "give up" on 2 players who cost us so much but its also counter productive to play them at the expense of our chance of getting results. Dacks attacking output at the club has been consistently excellent, backed up statistically. To drop him (if hes fit as Mowbray hinted at a major player having a tight hamstring today) would be absurd.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Scapegoat is an unfair tag, he gets no stick at games but he gets criticism because hes repeatedly a particular weak point. But no one is attacking his character and ultimately people can see that hes not good enough. Hes been directly responsible for 4 goals in 6 games and has also made mistakes that hes got away with, for example v Boro when he tried to claim, totally misjuded it (again) and they could only hit the post.

I didn't say he was a scapegoat, I said he is at risk of becoming one. You don't need to attack someones character to scapegoat them. 

He isn't solely responsible for 4 goals in 6 games. Saying that is silly and absolves other culpable parties of blame. 

I have seen him do plenty of good things whilst here too, particularly catching crosses. One or 2 mistakes aside. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I didn't say he was a scapegoat, I said he is at risk of becoming one. You don't need to attack someones character to scapegoat them. 

He isn't solely responsible for 4 goals in 6 games. Saying that is silly and absolves other culpable parties of blame. 

I have seen him do plenty of good things whilst here too, particularly catching crosses. One or 2 mistakes aside. 

From watching the highlights he made some good saves on Saturday, otherwise we would have been easily beaten 6-3. 

• Like 1