BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Allardyce

Tried a search, but I couldn't find a suitable thread for this.

Allardyce Motivational Techniques

Before the 7-1 defeat at Old Trafford, Allardyce played a montage of film clips on a projector in the changing room to attempt to motivate his players. Obviously it didn't go too well, but of more concern to me was Givet's comment:

'After the match, we were all laughing. The warriors had completely passed us by.'

I certainly wasn't laughing after that game. "Good" to see the players could see the funny side.

Contrast to 1997 after that 4-0 defeat where players argued with Hodgson. We know Givet's an idiot already and Dunn never scored against United so he wouldn't have bothered. Jones didn't care (as evidenced by later comments about the 3-2 game) but the rest are a disgrace too particularly to Jack Walker and the younger fans. Must have really helped Kean/Anderson a lot and why didn't Saint John and Finn notice this? 

The players should be investigated for match fixing.

Edited by Vinjay17

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I bet they weren't laughing in front of Allardyce !

As if he cared. The day he was fired he was planning on going to Old Trafford as Ferguson's guest or whatever. He didn't mind showing his face after his team were thrashed there weeks earlier but different story when he was sacked. 

• Moderation Lead

P.S- can we keep things on topic and not wish death upon people please? 
That’s pretty awful and shouldn’t need to be explained, in reality.

I just had to remove a lot of posts and the ones quoting them.

That’s not me being the ‘free speech police’, just more common decency. 

Thanks.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

‘After the game, we were all laughing’.

Good to hear. On the walk back to my car from Old Trafford, I can assure you I wasn’t, Gael.

I too was skulking back to my car with my young nephew. We were behind an elderly couple, clearly United fans, when I heard the man say "I'm really disappointed not to keep a clean sheet today". He was bloody serious too. My ABU feelings intensified there and then. On the way home I rang 5live or Talk Sport and suggested that all the Rovers fans be reimbursed by the players or club. Dion Dublin said if he was our captain he would be organising that right now but the no mark presenter thought it was a ridiculous suggestion.

9 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Tried a search, but I couldn't find a suitable thread for this.

Allardyce Motivational Techniques

Before the 7-1 defeat at Old Trafford, Allardyce played a montage of film clips on a projector in the changing room to attempt to motivate his players. Obviously it didn't go too well, but of more concern to me was Givet's comment:

'After the match, we were all laughing. The warriors had completely passed us by.'

I certainly wasn't laughing after that game. "Good" to see the players could see the funny side.

I imagine they were laughing at Goulon being picked. How long did he last before being hooked, 25 mins?

7 hours ago, Amo said:

That "performance" pretty much sealed Allardyce's fate. Not that he wasn't headed for the exit anyway.

Except that it was known in some football circles, even before the takeover was complete that Big Sam was a goner and Kean would be appointed. Remember Andy Cole's article -"a little bird told me"..?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Except that it was known in some football circles, even before the takeover was complete that Big Sam was a goner and Kean would be appointed. Remember Andy Cole's article -"a little bird told me"..?

Of course, but it made their job a helluva lot easier.

On 26/11/2019 at 22:58, jim mk2 said:

Lewandowski 4 goals for Bayern so far tonight......Sam had him lined up for Rovers before he was potted

Probably because there was a fat brown envelope in it for him... Allardyce is good at what he does, but him being retroactively contrasted against the corrupt Venkys as a trustworthy, dependable good 'un is wholly undeserved. He's a proven corrupt grifter that stands out even among his generation of managers. 

Just now, Commondore said:

Probably because there was a fat brown envelope in it for him... Allardyce is good at what he does, but him being retroactively contrasted against the corrupt Venkys as a trustworthy, dependable good 'un is wholly undeserved. He's a proven corrupt grifter that stands out even among his generation of managers. 

Good football manager though - and perfect for us at the time. Just a gut feeling but I knew we were doomed as a top flight club when he was sacked . It felt all wrong and was proved right.  

• Like 1

Just now, Commondore said:

And I've him back tomorrow.

• Like 2